:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

110802 - Jagged Edge: CSI Tranquility

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
Tranquility Station
SS-001
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Cmdr Kinney Randt Rhode recording

Stardate: 110802
Approximately 15 minutes by shuttle from Pinastri

Alert Status: Green

The gel paks are fixed, and ops has confirmed all is well. Security is still questioning our new guests, and I hope it gets us closer.

Clearly we need to take the next step. Leaving the ball in their court seems to always result in damge mixed with casualties. I've got a few ideas, and I'll meet with the senior staff today to lay them all out.

Meanwhile science and ops are pouring over the shuttle looking for clues on where it has been and how the 3rd pilot was killed.

In service
Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

*Crew Manifest*

CO Cmdr Kinney Randt-Rhode
XO Cmdr Aryela Dagger

Chief of Operations Lt Tess Tison
Operations Officer Lt Leighann Mantis
Operations Officer Ens Mac Gaelyth

Chief of Security Lt jg Jamie Czavicevic

Chief Medical Officer Lt jg Hernione Highwater
Medical Midshipman Ens Meynara Resident

Chief Science Officer Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
Asst Chief Science Officer Lt jg ScottyBrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Guest Prisoner Lt jg Rich Lombardia
Tess Tison
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Operations Officer | USS Sheppard
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
SS001
=A= Operations Log=A=
Mission Name: CSI Tranquility

Location: SS Tranquility Station, Approximately 15 minutes by shuttle from Pinastri
Ops Staff: LT Tess Tison, LT LeighAnn Mantis, Ens Mac Gaelyth

Log Entry:

Finally, a routine shift in which we were not bombed, sabotaged, threatened or otherwise attacked. It was was still a busy shift for operations. Ens Gaelyth was still on loan to security (see attached report) but I have been assured that he will be returned to operations effective tomorrow.

Lt Manthis ran a complete deck by deck diagnostic of the gel packs, for all 1500 decks. Each deck checked out as virus free and functioning normally. I also had her run diagnostics on the primary systems on the Ops deck, plus had her check that all power allocation setters were correct.

Cmdr Randt asked me to provide operations support to security and science as they checked the shuttle, which I did. The then asked Operations to prepare and launch a probe to trace the shuttle's route. That presented an interesting challenge as the prisoners had damaged/destroyed their navigation computer and its data logs. But I was able to rig up a data link to the shuttle's main computer and access some of the flight path data that way. I fed the data to Lt Mantis and had her triangulate a flight path, then program that into the probe. While she calculated the flight path, I used my access codes to prepare the probe with some algorithms that were above the LT's security level.

Then we launched the probe. The probe provided data for about 10 or 15 minutes and then it collected readings consistent with what we seen from a cloaked ship. The probe detected phaser fire, and then it stopped transmitting data. We assume it was destroyed by phaser fire from a cloaked Bird of Prey.

After that, Cmdr Randt called the senior staff to a meeting. I am unable to log what was discussed at that meeting, as it is confidential. But it resulted in some action items for me that I have performed.

As soon as the meeting was over, I returned to the Ops deck and assumed command from LTjg Brit. I had not sooner taken command than we got an emergency hail from a runabout. Its life support systems had failed and they did not have enough oxygen to make it to Cascadia or Athena. So I gave them permission to land in shuttle bay 7. I also dispatched a security team and an engineering team to the shuttle bay, and ordered that the runabout crew be confined to the shuttle bay. That seemed prudent as we are still on lock down from the recent rounds of sabotage.

Shortly after this, Cmdr Randt and XO Dagger returned to the ops deck. I relinquished command to the commander and gave him a full report.

-----

Individual Log: LT LeighAnn Mantis
Position During Mission: Main Ops

Initially assigned to Communications, Lt. Mantis was reassigned to Operations as the mission got underway. Once at Ops, Lt. Mantis was assigned to run thorough diagnostics on the gel packs on every deck on the station to ensure that a previous virus was eradicated, which she proceeded to do.

In addition to the diagnostics, Lt. Mantis was also assigned to assure that all power allocations were set to standard for yellow alert conditions, which she did. In the midst of the diagnostics, Lt. Mantis briefly checked that power to Deck 117 was allocated appropriately.

Lt. Mantis then received course co-ordinates from the Hope's comm log and other data sources and used the information to triangulate an appropriate flight path and program it into the probe. Lt. Mantis then added some shields to the probe to make it very difficult for any enemies to detect. After the probe was prepared, Lt. Mantis programmed communication sensors so that listening in on the probe's readings would be possible. Upon orders from Lt. Tison, Lt. Mantis then launched the probe.

While continuing to run diagnostics, Lt. Mantis received from data from Lt. Tison and with the data, she determined that a cloaked ship was present in the vicinity of where the probe was.

Lt. Tison was suddenly called away to a meeting shortly thereafter, leaving Lt. Mantis in charge of Ops until her return. Lt. Mantis then continued to run diagnostics while awaiting reception of data from the probe. In the midst of her work, Lt. Mantis received data that indicated that the probe had been destroyed by an undetermined source.

Near the end of diagnostic work, Lt. Mantis intercepted a hail from the USS Razer and after consulting with superiors, cleared the damaged runabout (who only had 15 minutes of air left) for docking at shuttle bay 7; they were confined to the shuttle bay until station repairs were complete.

-----

Individual Log: Ens Mac Gaelyth
Position During Mission: Security Officer (TAD)

I came on shift at 1700 hours and awaited assignment. Because Security was low on officers, I was again seconded to Security. My first task was to do a forensic search of the stolen Shuttlecraft currently Docked aboard the Station

I had requested assistance from Science, as I didn't have the full equipment. Lieutenant Junior Grade Skot Brit came down to assist, and was invaluable in the search, as, unfortunately, someone of my size and searching in a Type Nine Shuttle does not mix. I proceeded to make scans of the exterior of the shuttle, whilst Lieutenant Brit searched the interior.

During the search Lieutenant Brit had found a number of fibers and cells to identify where our current prisoners were sat during their flight. He also determined that the shuttle had been to a great number of planets in the Pinastri system. The Lieutenant also noted that there was a through-and-through phaser burn on the pilot's seat--likely where our murder victim was killed, as it was center of the corpse. Preliminary examination of the corpse shows a phaser burn in back, That shows that whoever killed him aimed and fired deliberately with the intention to kill, in my opinion.

My own findings on the hull was fairly limited. The shuttle had taken a real pounding from the dogfight with the Hope. I'm frankly surprised it stood up to a soft landing, after taking so much damage.

I was later tasked to keep an eye on our prisoners, as Lieutenant Czavicevic was needed at Operations. There is nothing of real value to mention on my report, the Prisoner maintained the demeanor and attitude exhibited and noted in my previous report.

I was later put in charge of a security team, in order to receive a runabout, which from my understanding is currently undergoing a life support system failure. Considering we're under lock down, I am keeping vigilance.

CONCLUSION:

It was a quiet shift, but a very productive one. We are starting to recover from the sabotage and get things back to normal.

In Service
LT Tess Tison, Chief Of Operations,
LT LeighAnn Mantis, Operation Officer,
Ens Mac Gaelyth, Pilot and Operations Officer
Jamie Czavicevic
UFSMC - Brigadier
UFSMC - Brigadier
Duty Post: Deputy Commandant of the UFSMC
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Marine Corps Head
Grid: Second Life

SS Tranquility
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=
Mission name: CSI Tranquility
Lt (jg) Jamie Czavicevic Recording

Stardate: 110803
Security Status: Yellow

Log entry:
The issues with the Gel packs has been resolved, and questioning of our prisoners is still on going. Ens Mac Gaelyth has been assigned to security temporarily while Lt jg crystal and Lt Jg Idle are on leave.

*Crew Manifest*

CO Cmdr Kinney Randt-Rhode
XO Cmdr Aryela Dagger

Chief of Operations Lt Tess Tison
Operations Officer Lt Leighann Mantis
Operations Officer Ens Mac Gaelyth

Chief of Security Lt jg Jamie Czavicevic

Chief Medical Officer Lt jg Hernione Highwater
Medical Midshipman Ens Meynara Resident

Chief Science Officer Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
Asst Chief Science Officer Lt jg ScottyBrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Guest Prisoner Lt jg Rich Lombardia

Individual Reports:
Name: Jamie Czavicevic
Position: Chief of Security

I arrived at my post a little before 17:00 and began a review of logs and reports. The computer issues have all been resolved and things are begging to return to normal around here. Ens Mac Gaelyth has been assigned to me on loan from ops due to a shortage in Security personnel. Commander Randt began Alpha shift at 17:01 as customary and I requested permission to continue questioning our prisoners.

I requested Eng Gaelyth do a forensic sweep of the shuttle and report his findings as soon as he could. I also informed Dr Highwater that I needed an autopsy of the body sent to medical.

When I arrived on the security deck I read the prisoners their rights as required during questioning, I then began questioning Deckland Strayer. Deckland was very hard to question. It was like a game with him, most of the information gained from him was things we already knew. in the end Deckland requested legal counsel and my questioning stopped.

Commander Randt called a Sr staff meeting in his quarters what we discussed confidential and I have orders not to log the meeting, but there are a number of tasks been assigned to me as a result.

as I returned to my station I was informed of an incoming runabout with life support malfunctions, I sent a security team led by Eng Gaelyth to meet it.

((At this point we wrapped up for the week))

Conclusion:
The prisoners are not very cooperative, one gives false information and one only gives information we already knew. In the End they both have requested legal counsel so my questioning is complete. it does not look like conventional means will get us any information or help us find skellos. Commander Randt has some other plans that may work out better, we will have to wait and see.

In service
LtJg Jamie Czavicevic
Chief of Security, SS Tranquility
Garethya Mongrain
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
NC 001
=A= Mission Log from Science
Mission: CSI Tranquility =A=

Recording from CSO Garethya Mongrain.........

Log entry:

Shift was relatively smoothe. XCSO Skotty Brit was assisting OPS with going over the shuttle for any clues.

The results of his findings are attached in his repor below.

Conclusion:

Captain Randt called for a senior staff meeting where he assigned tasks to each of us. I was able to complete my assignment with no problems.

In Service
Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
CSO SS Tranquility

Received from XCSO Skotty Brit.......

SS Tranquility
SS 001
=A= Mission Log from Science =A=

Log entry:

To start off my shift, I was asked to preform in a forensics capacity to assist En Gaelyth in the search of the shuttle.On the exterior he mostly found ample phaser trace elements. On my sweep of the interior there was hair, skin, and other such things from three individuals. There was also signs of phaser fire going through the back of the pilot's seat. This would highly suggest that the pilot was shot from behind deliberately. And seeing as the other two people from the shuttle are alive and well, then it's fairly easy to speculate as to who was shot. In addition there were residual traces of elements found on a variety of planets. Assuming that they are only from travelling the pinastri system, this would narrow it down to all of them. They were rather inconclusive results.

Afterwards I was called back up to ops to share our findings. Then the senior staff called a meeting, which left me the officer in charge. Thankfully things went without incident... well without major incident anyway. Lt. Mantis completed the scans of the biogel packs from each of the 1500 decks, and then commenced with diagnostics of the primary deck systems as Lt Tison had ordered.

Individual Reports:
Sweep of interior type 9 shuttle- Hair, skin, and other samples from three (3) individuals.

Traces of carbon, silicone, methane, and scads of other elements inside the cabin could conceivably be from any planet in the star system. Results conclusive as to identification, but not useful for security's purposes.

Ions as a result of phaser fire were detected on the back of the pilot seat. burns and other residue was on both sides of the seat, suggesting that the fire went through.

Conclusion:

My professional opinion is that the third individual was shot in the back by one of the "guests" in the brig. As to where the shuttle has been, it seems that answering the question of where it -hasn't- been would be easier.

DNA matches should be easily discerned from the results of the shuttle sweep. As to who shot the phaser, or even what phaser was used, that might be determinable yet.

In Service
Lieutenant (jg) ScottyBrit
Asst Chief Science Officer, SS Tranquility

Return to “SS Tranquility”