:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

110323 - Smuggler's Blues III - Gate Crashers

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
USS Goddard
NCC-60012
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Cmdr Kinney Randt Rhode recording

Stardate: 110323
Currently aboard the USS Goddard, 2.5 LY from Pinastri.

Alert Status: Yellow

With the runabout Hope returning with damage and injuries, it would appear Keldra's assesment of these asteroid miners may in fact be correct. We are now taking the USS Goddard out to learn more. They may feel they can take on a runabout, but I doubt they will feel as sure about a UFS starship on their door.

If Keldra is correct, and people are being held against their will, then we will aid in any manner we can as long as it doesnt violate the prime directive.

In service
Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Crew Manifest

CO Cmdr Kinney Randt

Chief Science Officer Lt Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
Science Officer Ensign Scottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Medical Officer Ens Hermione Highwater

Operations Officer Ens Tess Tison

Security Officer Ens Jamie Czavicevic
Tess Tison
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Operations Officer | USS Sheppard
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
SS001
=A= Operations Log=A=

Location: Treilous III asteroid belt, 2.5 light years from SS Tranquility Station

Log entry:

This mission was an away mission on the USS Goddard, which is in route to Trielous III to investigate the claims of slavery made by Tranquility's refuge guest Kendra.

Individual Logs:

Tess Tison, Op Officer, SS Tranquility

We had an incident at the OpsDeck just before leaving for this away mission. Commander Vincent of the freighter Valitkke hailed me to report that a shuttle had its weapons locked on him. His speech was slurred and he sounded drunk, and his claim was a bit ...er... highly unlikely. I asked tactical to confirm, and they were unable to detect any shuttles in the system with weapons powered. A few minutes later, he called back again to say that a shuttle was about to ram him. Again, I asked tactical to confirm and again their scans showed no shuttles in the vicinity of the freighter. I told Cptn Vincent that his sensors were malfunctioning, and he got hostile and abusive. At that point Cmdr Randt ordered me to have the freighter dock, so that engineering could check the freighter's sensors and medical could check the freighter's captain. At first Cptn Vincent refused to dock, claiming he had a schedule to keep. But when Cmdr Randt threatened to revoke his landing/docking privileges at all Federation stations and outposts, he decided to comply.

Then we reported to the USS Goddard and began our fight to the Trielous III asteroid belt at warp six. The fight was uneventful. We did a few routine system checks and then Cmdr Randt order a tactical drill, where we encountered a hostile Hirogen ship. We successfully evaded the enemy and the drill was concluded. Shortly after that, we arrived at the asteroid belt. We hailed Trielous III, and they responded by launching two fighter craft on an intercept course.

[[The mission ended at this point and will resume next week ]]

Communications Log:

SS TRANQUILITY COMMUNICATIONS:
110323.1712 - Captain Vincent of the freighter Valitkke reported a shuttle locking weapons on him.
110323.1715 - Captain Vincent of the freighter Valitkke reported a shuttle about to ram him
110323.1712 - SS Tranquility hailed Captain Vincent of the freighter Valitkke, requesting he dock for engineering to check his sensors and for medical to check him. At first he refused but then he compiled.

USS GODDARD COMMUNICATIONS:
110323.1907 - USS Goddard hailed Treilous III when we arrived their vicinity, but they did not acknowledge the hail. Their “reply” was the launching of two fighter craft on an intercept course.

In Service

Tess Tison, Acting Chief of Operations, SS Tranquility
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

USS Goddard
NCC 60012
=A= Mission Log from Science =A=

Log entry:

Mission is to the Asteroid aboard the USS Goddard as a possible rescue mission. The Asteroid, Trielous III, is where our guest, Kendla claims she was forced to work from.

Individual Reports:
This first part of the journey was to dock from Tranquility and travel to the sector that Trielous III resides. Cmdr Randt requested a drill be conducted while enroute. Drill was successful. Ensign Tess Tison also ran tests on all the stations and confirmed that all were at 100% capacity

Conclusion:

As of this date, we are continuing our mission, expecting to arrive at our destination of Trielus III momentarily.

In Service
CSO Garethya Mongrain
aboard the USS Goddard

USS Goddard
NCC-60 012
=A= Science Log =A=

After a brief inspection/tour of the Goddard, we took off to return to the Asteroid a 18:00. I was assigned to handle the communications station, and a few systems from science were diverted to the station as well.

At 18:32 a Battle Stations Drill was performed.The scenerio ran that a Hirogen ship aproached. Their ship however was both slower than ours, and had lesser weapons. I was ordered to open a channel and inform the hirogens that we neither wanted a fight, nor would give them any technology. They did not respond, and then fired at us. However, we turned around and fired aft phasers, as well as created a smoke screen. The Hirogen ship did not pursue.
The drill was concluded at 18:45.

As we approached the asteroid field, we dropped out of warp so as to enter it slowly, given our experience with it previously. Ens. Czavicevic prepared two (2) landing parties incase we needed them, with the rules of engagement being that it would be a rescue mission. It is possible that there are people being held captive on the asteroid. Ens. Tison attempted to find the safest route through the asteroid, as she had experience with this belt previously and knew of it's difficulty.

At 18:58 the ship was stepped up to Yellow alert. Seven (7) minutes later, sensors picked up several tactical weapons batteries. Apparently they had not yet raised their defences, likely not expecting our arrival. I was then ordered to hail them, to which there was no response, as expected. After a scan of the asteroid, Cmdr Mongrain informed us that there were 253 lifesign on the ateroid itself. Two vessels were then on an intercept course.

In Service
Ensign Scottybrit Resident
HermioneHighwater
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief Medical Officer | USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility/ USS Goddard
Sector 001/ NCC-60012
=A= Medical Log =A=

Stardate:110323

Log entry:

I acted as the Medical officer on mission.

Individual Reports:
We began on the tranquility were a freightor wanted to dock. I am a medical team went to check on the pilot, whom we found to be very drunk.

I met up with the crew on board the USS Goddard, where we proceed to begin the journey back to the asteroid We began with taking the same course that we took in the shuttle craft. While on our way to the astroid belt the other began to run tests of their stations while being relayed to ops. Also we ran a battle stations drill.
The Commander pointed out that we will be walking on the edge of the prime directive so looks like I need to relook at Ethics and law.
When we reached the asteroid field we found there to be several fighters, which were like those that attacked the shuttle on patrol.
Science has dectected that there are 253 lifesigns on the asteroid, which has me wonder how many of those are possibly slaves.
Conclusion:
I will attach the drunken pilot's treatment onto this report. And after the last time we were in this asteroid field, I am just hoping that I will not be needed, in the same way.

In Service,
Hermione Highwater, MD
Medicial Officer
SB XO of Honor Guard
SB Previous Delta Company Commanding Officer - SS Alexandria
Delta Company Graduate 110125

Access Service Jacket
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

USS Goddard
NCC - 60012
=A= Tactical/security Log =A=

Location: Treilous III asteroid belt, 2.5 light years from SS Tranquility Station
Security Status: Yellow Alert

Log entry:
Our Current Mission is to Go the Treilous III to Verify the story of our guest Kendra.
Individual Reports:
To: LCDR Brent Darkwyr, CoS, SS Tranquility
CC: Commander Kinney Randt CO SS tranquility
From: Ensign Jamie Czavicevic, Security Officer, SS Tranquility

SECURITY MISSION REPORT

Name: Ensign Jamie Czavicevic
Position: Security Officer
Stardate: 110302

Mission Summary:

I arrived in OPS a little before 17:00 and was informed Lt Commander Darwyr was not going to make it for his shift tonight and I took the Chief Tactical Officer Post, for this shift. Shortly after the start of our shift Ensign Tison asked me to check for shuttles in the area around the Freighter Valitkke, which may have weapons lock or power to weapons. I scanned the area and found nothing out of the ordinary the closest ships to the Freighter were not even armed. I informed the Ensign of this, and a few minutes later she requested I check again for any Aggressive shuttles in the area that she has reports of a shuttle trying to ram the Valitkke. Again I found nothing out of the ordinary. I reported as such, and the Commander ordered the freighter to dock as Ensign Tison suspected the captain of being intoxicated.

Commander Randt once having dealt with the Valitkke issue ordered the entire shift to report to the USS Goddard for our planned away mission to Treilous III. I reported to the Transporter room and was transported to the USS Goddard. I took Command of the Security complement of the USS Goddard at 17:33 hour. I took inventory of the Weapons systems and Security officers on board.

The USS Goddard Has

8 Type X phaser Array's
10 Forward Photon Tubs with one Launcher
10 Aft Photon Tubs with one Launcher
250 Photon Torpedoes

Shields and Weapons systems show 100% operational. All security teams reported ready to Depart and we departed the Station at 18:07. As soon as we left the Pinastri System Ensign Tison began a series of system checks. The Tactical System performed as expected. After completing the system checks Commander Randt ordered a Tactical Drill. At 18:32 I simulated a hostile Hirogen Hunter intercept. We encountered the hunter, at Commander Randt's Orders we kept out of weapons Range. The hunter fired 2 torpedoes both detonated aft of our ship without impacting. Commander Randt ordered the firing of 2 torpedoes of our own to detonate close to the Hirogen without doing Damage to cover our escape. We were able to Evaded pursuit and Commander Randt ended the Drill.

At 18:58 we came out of warp just inside the Treilous system, Commander Randt ordered yellow alert I raised the shield sand began Tactical scans of the system for hostile forces. I detected 2 patrol Fighters on the far side for the asteroid belt. and a number of Tactical Weapons turrets, most of which were not online yet. Ensign Britt hailed Treilous III and the 2 fighter craft turned toward the USS Goddard to intercept.
((The mission ended at this point and will resume next week))

Conclusion:
I fired 2 Simulated Torpedo's using 0 of the ships complement of 250. Our arrival in Treilous system was expected and preparations for that had been made. Evidenced by the Automated Tactical Turret placements that were no here when the Runabout arrived.
In service
Ensign Jamie Czavicevic
Security Officer SS Tranquility

Return to “SS Tranquility”