:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

110316 - Smuggler Blues II: Asteroid's Rage

Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
Tranquility Station
SS001
=A= Captain's Log =A=
Cmdr Kinney Randt Rhode recording

Stardate: 110316
Currently aboard SS Tranquility, about 15 minutes by shuttle from Pinastri.

Alert Status: Green

We are launching the runabout Hope to explore the asteroid field where Keldra has claimed she was held prisoner and forced to work in the mines of an asteroid about 2.5 light years from Tranquility. I have asked Lt Cmdr Brent Darkwyr to form a team to learn more about her claims. acompanying him are Ensign Skottybrit Resident at science, ensign Tess Tison at the helm, Ensign Kiminadar Arashi at tactical and Dr. Hermione Highwater.

With Luck, we'll know more about Keldra's claims when they return.

In service
Kinney Randt-Rhode
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Crew Manifest

CO Cmdr Kinney Randt
XO Lt Cmdr Aryela Dagger

Chief Engineer Cmdr Vulpina Howley

Chief of Security Lt Cmdr Brent Darkwyr
Security Officer Ens Kiminadar Arashi

Operations Officer Ens Tess Tison

Chief Science Officer Lt Cmdr Garethya Mongrain
Science officer Ens Skottybrit "Skot Brit" Resident

Medical Officer Ens Hermione Highwater
Medical Officer Ens Lizzy Gracemount
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Tranquilty Space Station
SS001
=A= Engineering Log =A=

Log entry:

17:00 Runabout Hope launched.

17:00 -17:20 Level Three Diagnostic on Main Computer, Optical Data Network, and internal sensors. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

17:20 - 17:40 Level Three Diagnostic on Power Gird (reactors, EPS, etc.).. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

17:40 - 18:00 Level Three Diagnostic on Life Support. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

18:00 Cluster of smaller asteroids menace Runabout

18:00 - 18:20 Level Three Diagnostic on shields, containment feilds, IDF, SIF, and artificial gravity. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

18:15 Main Astroid reached.

18:20 - 18:40 Level Three Diagnostic on weapons, probes and external sensors. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

18:25 Possible fighters launched. Runabout Hope makes it retreat.

18:35 Asteroid cluster reached. Commander Darkwry injured from the fast accelrations made when the shuttlecraft dodged the asteroids.

18:50 San Pedro launched to aid Hope. Runabout Hope clear of Asteroid Belt and headed home at Warp 5. Medcal treatment of Commander Darkwryr begun.

18:40 - 19:00 Level Three Diagnostic on Tractor Beams and Shuttlebay. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

19:00 - 19:20 Level Three Diagnostic on matter transporters. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

19:20 Runabout Hope returns and Commander Darkwr brought to Sickbay.

19:20 - 19:40 Level Three Diagnostic on Comunications, Auxsilury and Emergency Systems . Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored. A test of the alerts was also performed

19:40 - 20:00 Level Three Diagnostic on replicators and the holodecks. Results found, or recalibrated to, within specified parameters, tabulated with previous diagnosics, graphed and stored.

Individual Reports:
<this should include damage reports showing a timetable and urgency of the repairs with an estimated time for completion, any new technology that has been discovered which is relevant to Engineering, supply and logistical issues that are or could affect the ships system.>

Damage and Repairs Timetable:
Systems Down:

None.

Systems Brought Back Up:
Weekly level three diagnostics completed

In Service
Commander Vulpina Howley
Tess Tison
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Operations Officer | USS Sheppard
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
SS001
=A= Operations Log=A=

Location: Treilous III asteroid belt, 2.5 light years from SS Tranquility Station

Log entry:

This mission was an away mission on Danube Class runabout USS Hope. Since only one operations officer was present for this mission, she had to assume the role of pilot for the away mission.

Individual Logs:

Tess Tison, Op Officer, SS Tranquility

Commander Randt ordered LtCmdr Darkwyr to lead an away mission to covertly gather data on Treilous III, the asteroid where our refuge guest Kendra escaped from. The team consisted of myself (pilot), Ens Skot Brit (gather scientific data), Ens Kiminadar Arashi (tactical) and Dr. Hermione Highwater (medical). The trip to Treilous III was uneventful, with one exception. When we got near the destination, we had to fly though a vast and densely populated asteroid field. It required taking the ship out of warp and manually piloting her. Overall, I did relatively well negotiating the field-- we only had one light glancing contact with a small meteorite. The contact did not seriously damage the ship, but it did knock out the starboard aft senors. All the same, we still had enough other sensors to complete the mission.

Science tied into the telemetry data from the probe we'd launched the week before and used that as a starting point to gather more data. That data indicated that the asteroid is about 250 miles wide with a domed environment on the surface. Ens Brit felt that he could not gather enough data on the long range sensors, and LtCmdr Darkwyr ordered me to bring us in closer and take a pass at the planet. Our science officer was able to gather most of the data he needed, but the hostiles on the asteroid detected us and sent up a fighter ship. That ship refused to answer hails and preferred to announce their intentions by firing their weapons at us.

LtCmdr Darkwyr was under standing orders to “not engage” in hostilities but to “ hightail” it home at the first sign of trouble. Therefore he ordered me to set a course back to Tranquility and engage it immediately at maximum warp. I did as ordered, and the enemy vessel pursued us. The had about the same maximum speed as us, so we were able to stay just out of weapons range ... until we came to the asteroid field. At that point, it became necessary to drop out of warp so we could enter the field on manual pilot. That, of course, would leave us as an easy target for the pursuing vessel. Our solution was to diver all power to our aft shields and have tactical start firing rapidly rapidly at the pursuing vessel the instant we dropped out of warp. Meanwhile, I would enter the meteorite field as rapidly as possible and try to put some asteroids between us and them. This made it more critical for me to evade all of the asteroids and not get hit, as we had no forward shield protection. That took all of my concentration. Once I felt we were sufficiently inside the field, I redistributed the shields to cover the entire runabout.

To our astonishment, the pursuing vessel followed us into the field. This meant that I not only had to avoid the asteroids, I also had to fly evasive maneuvers and worry about not letting our attackers hit us. Tactical was kept busy pretty much the whole time as well, firing at the hostile vessel. Meanwhile Tranquility station was on the Comm, asking for our status. But I was too busy to handle Comm as I flew the rather difficult path through the meteorite belt. I asked that either Science or Medical handle the communication to Tranquility, but unfortunately neither station was equipped to do so. As a result, Tranquility's hails went unanswered and they decided to launch the San Pedro to come assist us. (Unfortunately they were too far away to get her in time to help, and we were pretty much on our own.)

I warned LtCmdr Darkwyr that the ride was about to get really rough and advised him to take a seat. But he elected to remain standing where he could get a better view of what helm and tactical were doing. Then things got really messy with the asteroids and I had to give my full attention to piloting through them. I did a series of evasive manurers and at one point had to come abruptly to a full stop. When I did, LtCmdr Darkwyr was throw forward into one of the consoles and seriously injured. I so wanted to rush to him and help him but I had to keep my full attention on piloting through the asteroid belt. It seemed to take forever, but finally we were clear of it.

Apparently, tactical officer Ens Arashi manged to disable the pursuing vessel's warp core just before we exited the asteroid field, so they did not follow us out of the field. My navigation scanners were unable to pick them up after we exited. I assume they were destroyed by the asteroids, but I have no way to know that for sure.

Also, as soon as we were out of the asteroid field, Science Officer Ens Brit helped the doctor get LtCmdr Darkwyr to sickbay and assisted her in treating him. I finally had a chance to reply to Tranquility's hails and let them know we were OK and in route home. I also informed them of the LtCmdr's injuries.

The rest of our four-day trip home was long and slow for everyone except the medical team, who continued to work almost non-stop on stabilizing LtCmdr Darkwyr. I spent the majority of that trip quietly piloting the runabout and feeling bad that my evasive maneuvers had caused the LtCmdr to be so seriously injured. I don't know if I will be able to live with myself if he dies or becomes permanently handicapped.

Conclusion:

The runabout returned to SS Tranquility and successfully docked at shuttlebay II. LtCmdr Darkwyr was beamed directly to sickbay, where doctors Highwater and Arashi continue to work on him. The data gathered by Ens Brit was downloaded to the main computer and is being analyzed by Tranquility's science team. Commander Randt plans to send a larger team on the USS Goddard for a follow up mission.

Communications Log:

There was no communication officer present for this mission.

In Service

Tess Tison, Acting Chief of Operations, SS Tranquility
Kinney Randt
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
SS001

=A= Science Log =A=

Log entry prepared by CSO Garethya Mongrain and Science Officer Ensign Skot Brit:

Mission was to send a Runabout out to the Asteroid indicated by our visitor, Keldra, to validate her story about being held on an asteroid known as Treillous III. Science Officer Skot Brit was sent to gather scientific data.

Individual Reports:

Probe: CSO Garethya Mongrain retrieved and deciphered Information from the probes sent out prior to the mission which reflected an asteroid that was 520 km, or roughly 323 miles, at its widest point with an environmental domevisible. The probe was unable to gather information on the dome itself. There was a significant amont of Duterium the make-up of the asteroid, along with the usual metamorfic rock fomation.

Science Data retrieved from the Runabout: The dome was a series of hexogonal plates with three spokes to external smaller domes, also made with the hexogonal plates. Inside temperature was a constant 78degrees F or 25.55 C. The external atmosphere had high concentrations of ionic radiation, a dry atmosphere with temperatures ranging from 150-187 degrees F or about 65 C. Sensors confirmed the duterium deposits with several rivers running deep in the asteroid.

Conclusion:

Atmospheric conditions indicate that space suites would be necessary for any exploration of the surface. The mining of duterium indicates the possibility of its use in termonuclear weaponry due to its use in the production of tritium. Duterium can also be added to a different ion as a "tracer" as a use for detecting leaks.

In Service
CSO Garethya Mongrain
HermioneHighwater
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief Medical Officer | USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquility
Sector 1
=A= Medical Log =A=

Log entry:
I acted as the Doctor aboard the Shuttlecraft Hope while DrGracemount took the medical console at Ops.

Individual Reports:
We began on the Tranquility where we left on route for the astroid mentioned by Kelanda, but not before Dr. Gracemount took the medical console.

When we encountered astroid we had to get through the field of them. However before we could do that one grazed us, throwing us off balance. Dr. Gracemount reported that everyone's heartrate and blood pressure became elevated.

After moving in closer we were spotted, the enemy spotted us so then we headed back for the station but then the eney started to follow us away from the asteroid.We used the asteroid field to our advantage. However the Lt. Commander got hurt because of the evasive manuvers we had to take. He was trust forward into the console and hit the view screen and rolled and lands on the floor and is rendered unconsciences. As I was beginning to asses the Lt. Commanders injuries we learned that the enemy had followed us in. The medical treatment form will note what medicines I used, to help treat the Lieutenant Commander. We made it back to the station where I and the Lt. Commander were transported directly to sickbay but I think that the Lt. Commander may still have a long road ahead to recover from pain.

Attached is the Patient Treatment Log

Conclusion:
Lt. Commander suffered no great brain damage due to the concussion so he should make a full recovery.

In Service ,
Hermione Highwater, MD
SB XO of Honor Guard
SB Previous Delta Company Commanding Officer - SS Alexandria
Delta Company Graduate 110125

Access Service Jacket
Garethya Mongrain
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

SS Tranquillity

=A= Science Log =A=

Stardate: 110323

Log entry:
Follow Up Report Reguarding Deuterium
Deuterium, or heavy water, was used in the 20th and 21st centuries in combination with tritium in neuclear reactors because of its high reaction rate. In modern times, it is used as a fuel source on many starships, including the USS Shogun (NCC-73812). In a warp core, deuterium and anti-deuterium spawn the matter anti-matter reaction. It is often obtained from interstellar gasses by using Bushing Collectors.

Conclusion:
Although it is possible that the inhabitants of the asteroid are using the deuterium as a power source, or may be trying to weaponize it, it is also possible that they are on the verge of developing warp capability. Furthermore, it is possible that they already have warp capability and mine the asteroid for fuel.

In Service
Ensign Skot Brit
Science Officer

Return to “SS Tranquility”