Personal Logs - LTjr Quertie Que - SN2877

Moderators: Drewski Northman, Siobhan Crystal

Quertie Resident
Intelligence - Lieutenant Commander
Duty Post: Intelligence Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: 001 Second Life

The following post contains my personal logs.
LT CMD Quertie Que
| Intelligence Officer, USS Taylorholic Durant
| Greeter Coordinator, UFS Communications
| Strategic Operations Officer: Advanced Technology Development Bureau, UFS Command
| UFS Officer of the Year, 2023

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." Einstein
Quertie Resident
Duty Post: Intelligence Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: 001 Second Life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stardate: 221024 22.20
Report by: LTjr Quertie Que
Service Number: 2877

((Note: I had written most of this assuming I was going to be interviewed during the mission, but timing reasons. I've included it here with additional IC analysis.))

=/\= PERSONAL LOG =/\=

Recollection of my experience on Hapke 9256-III, Agni, a world where it appears the entire population willingly became part of an interactive simulation where all their dreams became a reality.

We arrived on the planet to discover all of the major cities appeared to be abandoned. There was no power running to any surface buildings. So we scanned and I noticed a building with a faint energy signature, so went in through a broken window panel and down a flight of stairs into a large chamber filled with humanoids in stasis pods. I wasn't sure at first, but I kept being drawn to the pods. Soon I noticed the rest of the crew was in pods, and I went to investigate. A rush of air, and I was in the holodeck and immediately faded to black.

Next, I woke up. Sort of. I remember trying to get up but passing out a few more times. As we gathered our situation, we met a native, named Carlos, an Agnian. He taught us to think about our reality, and poof like that I could get my hair to disappear. I was able to change into attire more suitable for the surroundings. I even conjured up a horse just by thinking about it. A horse we let free-range on our land. It was strange at first. It had no tail or mane, and I had to carefully think about it to put those things in. After that, it felt like a horse and had the warmth of a horse. You know that feeling when you hug your animal, feel its heartbeat. It felt relaxed like a horse, and it surprised me. A horse is unique to Earth and our colonies, so how was a computer able to see exactly the horse I wanted not having any knowledge of one before really impressed me.

It scared me too. What was it doing to my head to be able to extract that level of detail from me to create a horse? As soon as I realized that, I really wanted out. Sure I could create what I wanted, but whatever it was doing made me feel dizzy all the time. Made it hard to think about anything really, only that I wanted a way out, and that's all I spent my time focusing on. Focusing on something called BOOPing, to try and imagine a way out.

(Note: I’ve discussed my experiences with Lt. Commander Quick and she thought this intrusion might violate the Prime Directive. Who knows what other information about my life and experiences did that computer learn about me? I don’t feel they will use the information to violate my Temporal issues, if they did, I would have felt it already. It’s the same as if anything I’ve said so far would have Starfleet go out and find me.)

Eventually Capt. Drewski appeared. It was like a dream. At first, we couldn't even see him. Just a voice we could hear, but could not see. I think I was just dizzy, because after a short time ((he relogged)) he reappeared. It was kind of magical, he first appeared as a global of orange puff balls, and then poof, he was there. He tried to reason with the Agnian Carlos, and helped him see that "if there is no risk, then there is no release from the reward, why stay [in] here?"

Shortly thereafter, the simulation went away and I was in the basement with all the pods again. I felt very dizzy after leaving the pods, running to a wall to gain my balance. I threw my back out getting out of the pod, and I'm finally fixed up and feeling wonderful thanks to Dr. Bacraius. Really wonderful. An extra happy shot perhaps.

=/\= LOG ENDS =/\=
LT CMD Quertie Que
| Intelligence Officer, USS Taylorholic Durant
| Greeter Coordinator, UFS Communications
| Strategic Operations Officer: Advanced Technology Development Bureau, UFS Command
| UFS Officer of the Year, 2023

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." Einstein

Return to “USS Atlas - Crew Personal Logs”