[All Engineering Department Logs are to be posted in this thread.]
Jimmbo Resident
Engineering - Lieutenant JG
Duty Post: Engineering Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: Second Life Grid

Engineering Log 220928

It has been a few days since our encounter with a hostile species. The Atlas suffered some minor to moderate damage from the engagement. Engineering crews have been working tirelessly to repair any damage to the ship and its systems. We also had the three different sections go to warp separated, I am proud to say that due to the diligence and professionalism of our engineering teams in their duty to maintain our systems the separation of all sections as well as the warp jump of each individual section went off without a hitch. This is due in part to the strong ability of the Security team working tactical and Engineering teams of the USS Atlas to work together. A great example of this is the maneuver used to disengage from the hostile species where engineering working along side tactical vented plasma so that tactical could ignite the plasma trail disabling the hostiles ships.

Ensign Jim Schmidt - Engineering Officer

[END LOG]
LTJG Jim Schmidt
Engineering Officer
Engineering | USS Atlas
Jimmbo Resident

Engineering Log 221006

Engineering had its hands full this week. Repairs continued on the battle damage. It appears some systems originally believed to not be damaged were. Myself along with an Engineering crew member located a damaged conduit in engineering. During the repairs we cycled the warp core. Upon initializing the warp core went into an emergency shutdown and a power overload damaged systems across deck 2. Most affected being the transporter systems. The transporter was placed on emergency power backup in order to get our away team back on board. One thing we did not notice right away was an issue in our transporter that caused our CMO to have their DNA spliced with that of some local fauna. I have some engineers working in the Engineering lab to determine a way be may be able to reverse the effects of this, so far studies have been inconclusive.

Engineering Officer Jim Schmidtz | USS Atlas

END LOG
LTJG Jim Schmidt
Engineering Officer
Engineering | USS Atlas
Jimmbo Resident

Engineering Log 221012

All repairs on the Engineering Departments list for the past couple weeks have been repaired. We have been keeping a close eye on the Warp Core and other sub systems to make sure we have caught everything that was affected. We completed these repairs just in time it would seem, we have found an M Class Planet and an away team was dispatched to the surface. Hopefully this time everyone will come back with the same appendages they left with. We also had a yellow alert activated, I am unsure as to what is going on I will need to make sure to head up to the bridge and see what they may need from us. In the mean time I have made sure Engineering has complied with the Yellow alert and everyone is at their duty stations.

END LOG
LTJG Jim Schmidt
Engineering Officer
Engineering | USS Atlas
Jimmbo Resident

Engineering Log 221018

It has been a very busy week for the Engineering teams of the USS Atlas. We have been working tirelessly to force open the vault that our away team went missing in. Engineering teams have been working in shifts with blow torches working on cutting the doors locking mechanisms. Yesterday we were finally able to open the doors. We waited for a second away team to join us lead by Captain Northman. Upon entering the vault, we discovered our friends and crew mates in cryo stasis pods hooked into an altered reality through neurological links in the pods. Soon the computers AI began talking to us and began attempting to get us into the pods first by trying to talk us into them and then by force. I was able to create a root entry into the program and shut down the AI just in time. After finding the code to end the program was blocked by a vote requiring majority of virtual reality participants the Captain elected to go in to try to convince them. Together with Science I was able to create an interface to communicate with out team while they were inside. The Captain was able to secure the cooperation of the inhabitants and soon our team was released as well as inhabitants world wide in similar vaults. Was it the right decision? Was it a breach of the Prime Directive? Was it our only option? That is for a panel of Starfleet Command to determine. For now I am happy that all our crew made it out and I am proud our engineers worked so diligently to make it happen.

END LOG
LTJG Jim Schmidt
Engineering Officer
Engineering | USS Atlas

Return to “USS Atlas - Crew Duty Logs”