Prepared by: Kermie Mistwallow
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Mission Briefing
2. Status Report & Current Orders

=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=

Lieutenant Smith (NPC) Reporting

My name is Lieutenant Smith and I have been presented with a problem.

Ensign Rogers went on patrol yesterday yet has not reported back in and we are getting a little concerned. He has now been missing for 24 Hours.

I need you go check out the locations that where on his patrol list and check if anything is out of the ordinary.

Your investigation skills are going to be paramount and working with others is not only encouraged, but probably needed.

His patrol route includes

- Headquarters, all levels
- Roddenberry Towers Foyer
- Cliffside Cave ((May need a shuttle with a qualified pilot, be sure to follow all flight procedures))
- Planet Surface clockwise Patrol

Be sure to be thorough

=/\= STATUS REPORT & CURRENT ORDERS =/\=
Alert Status: Green
Damage: None

STARTING OBJECTIVES ( * = indicates leading assignments)
Operations: Monitor Communications for any correspondence from Ensign Rogers
Engineering: Ensure Computer systems are secure and check for any data entries regarding Ensign Rogers
Science: Survey the landscape for any sensor deadspots
Medical: Check medical conditions of Ensign Rogers and liase with Security to search for bio signatures
Security: Full Patrol of Ensign Rogers Route look for any clues to his werabouts
Intelligence: Investigate Ensign Rogers Starfleet Career, note any interactions he may of had with visitors
Marines: Assist Security with patrol, expand to any air traffic needed
Cadets: Assist in Areas
Civilians: Be Civil
Guests: Work with HQ Crew

Ships Assisting: None
Mac Gaelyth
Tribble
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 Second Life

=^= United Federation Starfleet =^=
=^= Intelligence Officer's Log, Pinastri Headquarters =^=
Stardate 230323
Reporting Officer: Ens. Mac Gaelyth
Position: Intelligence Officer, Pinastri HQ.

Persuant to the disappearance of Ens. Rogers, Ens. Lutytr and I initiated a thorough background investigation into the erstwhile officer. Our objectives are to establish a behavioural profile to better determine any reasons as to why the Ensign disappeared, assuming he went off on his own volition, or to see if there may be any patterns of behaviour, or historical prescedent to suggest that his disappearance was entirely involntary.

Starting with his period at Starfleet Academy, it seems that the then-Cadet seemed to excel primarily with the physical and close-quarter aspects of security, namely hand-to-hand combat, with extracurricular activities extending into Boxing, Parrises Squares and Velocity, which appears to have had a knock-on effect into his academic career.

Going by academic reports by his hand-to-hand combat instructor at the academy, it seems that he has something of an agressive competitive streak; to the point where it is not to prove excellence, but to dominate the opponent. Poor sportsmanship conduct has been noted on his record.

His postgraduate career does not seem to have any instances of particular note; he remained for some time as a Security Officer; there are no commendations noted in his service record, but there don't appear to be any reprimands either.

Ens. Lutytr and I are intending on reviewing security records to deterine if there are any individuals of interest that he has communicated with in the past week or so, cross-referencing those individuals with docking logs for the colony. I may request logs from the Tranquility to see if any shuttles were launched from vessels passing by that may have been flagged as 'of interest'. Cdr Nakajima has advised he will provide assistance where possible with regards to obtaining evidence and further information, and has disclosed a potential avenue of investigation, which I will not presently disclose on an unclassified report.

I recommend a Security sweep of the Ensign's lodgings and a review of what effects he has left behind, in case there are any foreign intelligence artifacts concealed. I would also like to request access to the Ensign's psychological profile, where possible, to further build a profile to determine his activities prior to his disappearance.

In service

Ens. Mac Gaelyth.
Mac Gaelyth
Tribble
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 Second Life

=^= Intelligence Officer's Log, Pinastri Headquarters =^=
Stardate 230404
Reporting Officer: Lt (JG) Mac Gaelyth
Position: Intelligence Officer, Pinastri HQ.

At 11:30 hrs my colleague Lt(JG) Lutytr and I performed low-altitude airbourne sensor sweeps in order to find our missing officer, Ensign Rogers. Determining that the caverns nearby cause problems with sensors, we elected to take a personal inspection of the caverns in order to effect location of the Ensign.

Lt(JG) Lutytr detected the Ensign's combadge not long after entering the cave system, and followed it. We located the Ensign's corpse.

Initial visual inspection and limited scans reveal that he died from exsanguination. There appears to be a cut on his Carotid artery, which led to his expiration; however there is no sign of any defensive injury, action, or even any sign of attempts to stem the flow of blood. We suspect he was rendered unconscious somehow, but there does not appear to be any sign of energy weapon used, or any blunt-force trauma to the skull.

After receiving the Security team and the medical personnel, Lt(JG) Lutytr and I travelled to Rodenberry towers to effect a search of the Ensign's effects, however located a PADD on the reception desk; this PADD indicates potential evidence of hostile actors within the planet. We are currently in the process of decrypting the device to determine if there is any further information stored within.

Due to the suspicious nature of the events in question, I am recommending immediately raising the Security Threat Level for the Colony.

in Service

Lt (JG) Mac Gaelyth
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: C-in-C, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: Headquarters
Grid: Second Life

=^= Commanding Officer's Log, Pinastri Headquarters =^=
Stardate 230405
Reporting Officer: Admiral Kermie Mistwallow
Position: Commanding Officer, Pinastri HQ.

In light of recent events Pinastri is being placed at Yellow Alert. The circumstances surrounding the alert are being kept to high clearance levels, however all crew are placed on standby and have been asked to periodically check in with the Operations Centre.

I have tasked Intelligence personnel to research *Redacted* and Security and Marine personnel are to increase patrols.

Medical is to continue to perform regular Crew examinations and flag any *redacted*.

Pinastri Operations Centre is to be locked down to cleared personnel only.

Return to “Pinastri Colony - Mission Logs”