Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Duty Post: Chief Medical Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ
Grid: 001 Second Life

Computer start Duty Log: Sickbay

Starting Duty Log

It is my first day in sickbay, officially. I spent most of the day getting acquainged with the room, figuring out where the things are.

My first duty was to do a diagnostic check on the beds and surgical beds. I wiped them down really well also.

Then I did random diagnostic tests on the eye exam station, as well as weight, height and vital stations.

There was little activity in Sickbay today, so I also spent time speaking with the Head Nurse on duty, he seems like a pleasant person. I surmise the rest of my duty shifts will not be as empty.

I do believe I am well acquainted with the layout, should an emergency arise.

Computer End Duty Log: Sickbay

Ending Duty Log
:voyager: "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana :voyager:
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Begin Report

I arrived today for duty and took notice of these facts:

As I entered, I was greeted by the nurse. He was very kind. I made my way to the replicator and realised it was in disrepair. I made note of this so I could file a work repair order with Operations.

Next, I went to check on the medical tools, only to find that they are missing. I have searched high and low for these items and they aren't there

Needed-

Bioneural Probe
Neuro-corticol stimulator
Cardiostimulator
thrombic Modulator
Laser Scalpel
Dermal Regenerator
penlight
Cortical Stimulator
Medical Tricorders
Hypospray

Most of these items are available in my med kit, but If I use up what is in my med kit, I will not have them for emergencies, such as away missions.

Bigger items
autoclave
imaging center
Monitors for Biobeds
Emergency Medical Transporter (pad)

So far, aside from not having proper laboratory equipment for testing, The room is fairly clean and ready for most general physicals.

Aside from these few things that are needed. I'd say we're approximately 50% operational here in sickbay.

End Report
:voyager: "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." -- George Santayana :voyager:
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Computer begin duty log

Beginning duty log

Today, I arrived at Pinastri Colony and was greeted by Ensign Dubrovna, I helped her gather her uniform from the Quartermaster, then took her up to sickbay, so I could perform her Crew Physical. Once we completed this, I took her on a brief tour of Pinastri Colony. I showed her everything from Operations to the Museum to the Ceremonies Hall.

I believe Ensign Durbovna will fit into Starfleet nicely. She is a very, I believe the proper word is, cheerful person. I look forward to seeing her career take flight.

End log
Ending log
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Computer begin duty log

Beginning duty log

[20:00] Entered the newly upgraded Sickbay this evening, for my shift. I went to each of the stations and checked out the equipment, running daily diagnostics on the beds as well as daily clean/disinfect cycles.

[21.00]

Filed the completed physical exam for Ensign Dubrovna with CMO Gracemount, discussed perhaps changing the physicals up slightly

[22.00] Went for a walk around the station and spoke to Quertie for a bit, after Dr Gracemount went to her quarters for the evening.

Will continue the report in a few hours

Computer End Duty Log

Ending Duty Log
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Computer, continue Duty Log

Continuing duty log

[2300] Entered new lab and set up stations for future use and testing. Took inventory of items within the lab and started cleaning cycle on refrigeration sections.

[0000] Went on lunch

[0100] Returned from lunch and continued working in the lab, catalouging blood samples from previous academy students.

[0200-0400] Studied intriguing species to familiarise myself with their biology, just in case it is needed.

[0500] Ended my duty shift

Computer End Duty Log

Ending Duty Log
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Computer Begin Duty Log Pinastri Colony SIckbay

Beginning Duty Log Pinastri Colony SIckbay

After a long Discussion with CMO Gracemount, a list of daily duties was put together as well as a protocol for filing Physical examinations. It is nice to know precisely what I should be doing every day when I am on duty.

Before I headed off to P&A I did manage to get most of my daily tasks completed.

Daily Tasks Completed:

Put all beds through a daily cleaning cycle

This was attended to upon arrival. I went forth into the Sickbay and made sure each bed had been set to it's sterilization cycle.

Run diagnostics on all beds including surgical ones

Once the cleaning cycles had been completed, I set forth to running the diagnostics on each bed. All beds are in optimal conditions.

Autoclave necessary surgical tools to assure sterility

This task is generally done when we have items that need sterilization after use, however it is my thought that they gather bacterium from sitting around, so I try to do this every day as a preventative sort of thing.

Test bio-containment fields daily to assure they are in proper working order

I tested each containment field, Containment fields are in optimal functioning order.

Enter new Academy students into logs for future visits

This action was not completed, as there were no outstanding Physical Exams that needed to be entered, had there been, however I would have completed this action.

Perform physicals, if any, on Starfleet staff

This was not completed, as it was P&A, no physical examinations were scheduled for today.

Continue any work set forth by CMO in the lab.

This is the only thing I did not get around to completing before ceremonies. I shall attend to it forthwith. I must compare samples of water from the planetoid that our guest Rhetia crash-landed on with samples of our own water source on Pinastri Colony, so I might devise an atmospheric solution for her new living quarters, as she is from a mostly aquatic species, and she finds out enviornment quite dry, which is prolonging her stiffness and pain throughout her body since her removal from cryostasis. We must do all that we can to alleviate this, so our guest may be comfortable for the duration of her stay with us in Pinastri Colony.

Computer End Duty Log for Pinastri Colony Sickbay

Ending Duty Log for Pinastri Colony Sickbay
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Begin Report

I arrived for duty before the P&A ceremonies. I did my standard cleaning routine, and ran diagnostics on the beds. Until the ceremonies, I remained in my lab running blood samples and cataloguing items into LCARS.

I closed Sickbay for the ceremony, once it was finished I went back to work the rest of my shift and make up the hour.

Nothing of significant note happened today. I mainly busied myself with labworks.

End Report
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Computer begin Duty Log

Beginning Duty Log

Well, I had the late night shift in sickbay. I must say it was an experience.

While it was quiet here at Pinastri, strange occurrences happened. Our transporter's computer near the Quartermasters spoke, and no one was around but myself. That was a bit unnerving. Anyway, I made my way around Pinastri, seeking out the different areas I had yet to explore. I finally made it in time for my shift in Sickbay. I set to work doing my daily diagnostics of the beds, cleaning and sanitising them. I then went and checked my samples in the laboratory.

The samples of the plants I brought back from my personal away mission to Nyantomi-KOW-1 and it's planetside are now processing. I will check the results on my next shift.

I continued on with my daily duties. As it was late I had no physicals to finish up.
I returned emails and sent a few correspondences.

Having completed my daily duty rota, I finished up a few Academy courses I had left to do.

All in all, it has been a very productive shift.

Computer end Duty Log

Ending Duty Log
Opheliaautumn Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG

Computer begin Duty Log

Beginning Duty Log

I have been handed the position of Chief Medical Officer, I am just waiting for my access to the physicals files in LCARS, so I might begin chasing down the recipients and make sure the members of this facility are up to date on their vaccinations and are in satisfactory health.

Many new things to do, but many of the same old thing, as I have been Acting CMO for several months now.

In Service

Dr Duffield

End Duty Log

Ending Duty Log

Return to “Pinastri Colony - Crew Duty Logs”