Prepared by: Jorden Allen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Mission Briefing
2. Important Participation Notes
3. Supplemental Information

=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=

As part of UF Starfleet's mission to chart the Delta Quadrant, the Magellan missions were set up to explore the Second Life metaverse, one region at a time.

Long range sensors detected a previously hidden colony in the nebulous area of space known as the 'Oort Cloud'. From what we can gather, the colony is known as 'Sanctuary'.

The survey's team mission is to survey the the colony, architecture, and technological development, and collect samples, and report back on this new discovery.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/ ... 51/126/29/

Required equipment:
* Type 2 Phasers
* Tricorders
* Standard away team provisions
* Standard UFS uniform

=/\= IMPORTANT PARTICIPATION NOTES =/\=
1) Check in advance for any specific mission requirements, such as costume for undercover survey missions
2) Joining in late? Not sure what to do? Talk with others in your branch/division/department to be briefed. If they are unavailable, contact the CO/XO to get an update and request assignment.
3) Have a major twist you'd like to implement? IM the Mission Creator (who wrote the briefing)
4) Don't want to participate? Make sure to observe only and not interrupt the Roleplay

=/\= SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION =/\=
Confused about the mission? In this section, you'll find background supplemental information about our mission, the area of space we're in, supporting ships, and so on that you can use to help build atmosphere and add detail when participating or to your logging, if you like!

=/\= BRIEFING TERMINATES… =/\=
Romy Magic
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Second Officer, Chf Security
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility
Grid: Second life, Star Trek Online

Beta shift

Commodore Jorden Allen XO
Cmdr Romy Magic Tactical/Security
LT Cmdr Oola Quan OPS
LT Cmdr Ferre Flamand Science
LT Cmdr Dr. Narek Siva'nek Medical

Mission Name: Beta-Shift - Survey Mission: Sanctuary in the Oort Cloud
Stardate: 230203 23.00
Report by: LtCmdr Romy Magic
Link to Mission: posting.php?mode=reply&f=987&t=34356

=/\= MISSION LOG =/\=

As we gather in Ops, we were all here, except Commodore Jorden Allen, he was running a little later. So we chatted a little til he was here. Not long after he came, after 16 minutes, Jorden came in.
he handed each of us our mission briefs, and remarked, From what I can gather, it’s a strange place. Best to stick together, and evacuate at the first sign of trouble.
Since Jorden could have some personal trouble, he asked me to take the lead, in case something happens to him.

==============================================

Location Name: Oort Cloud
SLURL: Oort Cloud (151,126,29)
Date visited: 230127
Reporting officer: Cmdr Romy Magic

==Planetary Statistics== (ferre's department)
Classification: ...
Average orbital radius (A.U)
Diameter: ...
Gravity: ...
Atmosphere: ..
Climate: felt like a cool summer day
Temperatures: around 18 C
Surface: an early industrial area, it reminded me of a Steampunk environment
Lifeforms: Propery humanoid
Tech Level: looked like early industrial/Steampunk era

==Environmental Report==
The area looks like an industrial on earth, more steampunky like.

==Botanical Report==
As we walk towards the first building we see man-made ponds with different sizes of water lilies.
We walked touch a park, it had many linds of plants and trees from small and thin to thick giants.

==Zoological Report==
As we approach the first building we see pretty birds, they look like Earth cardinals in red and brown, also we see more birds in the park, it was difficult to see what they except are.

==Mission Report Report==
We Beamed down at the surface, as we arrived in the middle of a squire, we deside to just go a way.
As we walk to the first building we see structured ponds, I was clear water, decorated with what we call on earth Water lilies. Yet I dint see any fish or other water creatures in it. Ferre took samples along the way.

We arrive at the first building, there we see bird- like creatures, they did reminded me of Cardinals, in red and brown. At the entrance of the building on each side there where 2 Angel like statuettes.
We entered the building, it was a kind of type of observatory. Though it did looked like a early version of Earths observatory. We exited the observatory at the back, on the right I saw something green, a park.

We walked over to the entrance of the park and entered. There we saw right in the middle a sphere, there was an open ground down there, for what I can see, I looked like a library. We can find a way down, yet. We explored the park first, we see Plants and flowers in all kinds of sizes and colors, and the trees where in all sizes too from big and thick and smaller and thin. We continued.

As we exits the park we walked over a bridge, as we enter the 2nd building, we see a large space en there was a very old Zeppelin or air ship parked. The more I looked at it, the more I think its steampunk or how Narek said, Jules Verne (is kinda the same). Unfortunately we can’t use it, it was to old and rusted, so I don’t trust, dint look operable and not even sturdy and then I see a stairway down, so we went.

Once down there, we see on the right side se see some water craft or different kinds of submarines, boys won’t be boys id they dint tried it out. The submarines where quite old-fashioned.
Just then I noticed a door leading outside.

We arrived at a dock, and a old-fashioned 18th earth century ship was docked there, old containers where scattered all over the dock, even we see a couple of shops on the sides, one of them being a bakery.
As we entered an old pub, we had a look inside, nothing special in there, as we exited the other door.

We entered a kind of factory, it had old machinery, properly for creating energy and taking in products for the complex. Given the boats and ships - probably part of the docks, the ships can deliver items and coal properly. It seems to be the area to take in raw materials finished goods and energy making item.

As we walk bet to the pub and took the stairs next to it, we had a nice view for a group picture.
I thought the 18th earth century ship was a nice addition as background.

As we enter the next building I now really get a lot of steampunk, roaring 20s vibe. This building was more a museum and even had a scale model of a air-ship/Zeppelin.

As we continued to the last building of today, there are more, but they are fore next week.
We arrive at a huge building with an Atlas like humongous statue, we are able to climb stairs to the upper part, there we see a huge painting, on it where humanoids depicted. Above the huge statue was another old Earths-like observatory.
As we went down underground in the same building, where we see a little space for a dancefloor and some chairs, that all bfore the great hallway with pillars began (that might we do next week)

As one last thing we did before we beamed back home, we make one last group picture.

=/\= END LOG =/\=

In Service

Commander Romy Magic
Security/Tactical officer
Tranquility Station
:communicator: Commander Romy Magic

Commander | Security
Chief Security Officer | SS Tranquillity

https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Romy_Magic
Romy Magic
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Second Officer, Chf Security
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility
Grid: Second life, Star Trek Online

Beta-Shift

Fleet Capt Jorden Allen XO
Cmdr Romy Magic Tactical/Security
Cmdr Erika Lancetti Intel
LT Cmdr Oola Quan OPS
LT Cmdr Ferre Flamand Science
LT Cmdr Dr. Narek Siva'nek Medical
Ensign Jyclops Jansma Security

Mission Name: Beta-Shift - Survey Mission: Sanctuary in the Oort Cloud
Stardate: 230210 23.00
Report by: LtCmdr Romy Magic
Link to Mission: posting.php?mode=reply&f=987&t=34356

=/\= MISSION LOG =/\=

We gathered again in Ops, Commodore Jorden was running a little later, but not to late.
We will continue the last week Exploring mission, we still had to discover plenty of things there.

Location Name: Oort Cloud
SLURL: Oort Cloud (151,126,29)
Date visited: 230127
Reporting officer: Cmdr Romy Magic

==Planetary Statistics== (ferre's department)
Classification: ...
Average orbital radius (A.U)
Diameter: ...
Gravity: ...
Atmosphere: ..
Climate: felt like a cool summer day
Temperatures: around 18 C
Surface: an early industrial area, it reminded me of a Steampunk environment
Lifeforms: Propery humanoid
Tech Level: looked like early industrial/Steampunk era

==Environmental Report==
The area looks like an industrial on earth, more steampunky like.
We also discovered another place, it had some heavy stormy weather and in the sky a floating …. Station? Of some sorts…

==Botanical Report==
As we walk towards the first building we see man-made ponds with different sizes of water lilies.
We walked touch a park, it had many kinds of plants and trees from small and thin to thick giants.
The place with stormy weather had no growth hot vegetation at all, only rocky islands.
The floating station had plenty of different kinds of pink cherry-like trees surrounding the main device.

==Zoological Report==
As we approach the first building we see pretty birds, they look like Earth cardinals in red and brown, also we see more birds in the park, it was difficult to see what they except are.
On the stormy island and the floating platform, where was no animal life noticeable, not even within the buildings.

==Mission Report Report==
We Beamed down at the surface, an went directly to the last known location where we ended last week. There we see the so called dancefloor, at least that was it function last week, today there stands a massage table too.

We first had a look at the boats, the but unfortunately all of the big one and the two smaller one where not able to ride on.

Right next to the dancefloor, the huge pillar-corridor or I called it last week, the endless corridor we couldn’t miss, from far away we could see something. Once there, we see the study space, the so called library I saw from the park last week… there the bookcases where standing around the giant globe we see from the park. Around there were study room furniture, like a desk, closets and even a drink table with chairs (see picture of Commandore Jorden, enjoying his drink).

We went back the the dancefloor, nor far front het we saw a teleporter, It brought us to a stormy coastal area. It really rained that hard, a light-beam we can’t miss, as I look up, we see a floating structure. It unclear how is stay up in the air with this storm.
But first we had a look ind the building we teleported near, from the inside it looked pretty nice. Some sorts of home, with a study, and again lots of books.

As we continued our way over the pier, hopefully towards the structure, we encountered a lonely abandoned building. It was for the best we continued walking. We see a series of smaller islands, the one higher the previous one, connected with bridges. We walked over them to where we needed to be, at the end of the path we see finally the elevator that would bring us up the huge floating structure.

As we arrive up there we see immediately the lovely cherry-like trees. There were so many of them off around the structure. Right in the middle of the structure there was the source off the light beam. We count exactly see what it was, or what its used for. Perhaps it functions as hydro-electric power, we don’t know for sure. But we dot stayed out of its way, you never know.

Again we see a Teleporter, we were able to teleport the Clock tower. There w arrive at the top floor, it looked like a kind of study…
from there we could see the floor down had a kind of bar or Restaurant, once a floor down, where was indeed a bar with all kinds of drinks, even an old-fashioned espresso machine. Close by, went we alk further there is a restaurant section where there could be dinned, once again a floor down, there we could have a look outside. It apparently is so that the observatory is located beneath the clock-tower. We could not see that from the ground level.

We took the teleporter again to the first landing point, we have one more thing to explore before we go back.
We walked to the last tower, from the clock-tower we could see it was an airship dock.
We took the elevator up, once on the docking floor, we looked our ayes out. We see 8 docks, and 7 of them where occupied with different kinds of airships.
We had a light look of the airships, even went into one, we dint had the keys, so we cant fly it.

And before we went back again, we made one last group picture.

=/\= END LOG =/\=

In Service

Commander Romy Magic
Security/Tactical officer
Tranquility Station
:communicator: Commander Romy Magic

Commander | Security
Chief Security Officer | SS Tranquillity

https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Romy_Magic