Prepared by: Jorden Allen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Mission Briefing
2. Important Participation Notes
3. Supplemental Information

=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=

As part of UF Starfleet's mission to chart the Delta Quadrant, the Magellan missions were set up to explore the Second Life metaverse, one region at a time.

We have been tasked to resume these operations, starting with a small exploration team to chart the region known as 'Adagio Breeze', and explore their 'Floating Island' area, where there have been reports of reptilian life and interesting flora / fungi.

Required equipment:
* Type 2 Phasers
* Tricorders
* Standard away team provisions
* Standard UFS uniform

=/\= IMPORTANT PARTICIPATION NOTES =/\=
1) Check in advance for any specific mission requirements, such as costume for undercover survey missions
2) Joining in late? Not sure what to do? Talk with others in your branch/division/department to be briefed. If they are unavailable, contact the CO/XO to get an update and request assignment.
3) Have a major twist you'd like to implement? IM the Mission Creator (who wrote the briefing)
4) Don't want to participate? Make sure to observe only and not interrupt the Roleplay

=/\= SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION =/\=
Confused about the mission? In this section, you'll find background supplemental information about our mission, the area of space we're in, supporting ships, and so on that you can use to help build atmosphere and add detail when participating or to your logging, if you like!

=/\= REPORT TERMINATES… =/\=
Jorden Allen
Engineering - Fleet Captain
Engineering - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Vice Branch Commander
Ship/Station Posted: UFS Corps of Engineers
Grid: Second Life

Location Name: Adagio Breeze Floating Islands
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/A ... 0/140/3913
Date visited: 220930

Participating Crew:
FCapt Jorden Allen - Mission Lead
Lt. Cdr. Romy Magic - Security Chief
Lt. Ferre Flamand - Science Vice Chief
Romy Magic
Security - Lt Commander
Security - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Security
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ
Grid: Second life, Star Trek Online

Beta-Shift

Rear Admiral Rich Lombardia CO
Fleet Captain Jorden Allen XO
LT Cmdr Romy Magic Tactical/Security
Lieutenant Ferre Flamand Science

Mission Name: Beta-Shift - Survey Mission: 'Adagio Breeze Floating Islands'
Stardate: 220930 23.00
Report by: LtCmdr Romy Magic
Link to Mission: viewtopic.php?f=987&t=33962

=/\= MISSION LOG =/\=

We gathered at OPS, Ferre and i where, When Fleet Captain Jorden came in a couple of minutes later. which we dint mind, because is was just the three of us.

Fleet Captain jorden had a good idea to go on a away mission, the Planet nick-named 'Fort Nowhere', there have been reports of interesting flora and fauna, and primitive reptilian life. Our mission is to go there, survey the area, collect samples of anything interesting, and report back.

Mr Flamand, as our senior most science officer, naturally he will lead the science part of the mission, and i had to make sure we come back in one piece. In case we get attacked by the local creatures, but also had be wary of any environmental hazards.

Now we arrive at the Location, the locals called it 'The Mesa'.
Jorden, and we made the following Survey Report:

==============================================

Location Name: Adagio Breeze 'The Mesa'
SLURL: Adagio Breeze (223,141,4034)
Date visited: 220930
Reporting officer: LtCmdr Romy Magic

==Planetary Statistics== (ferre's department)
Classification: ...
Average orbital radius (A.U)
Diameter: ...
Gravity: ...
Atmosphere: ..
Climate: Tropical
Temperatures:...
Surface: Floating islands far above the actual surface
Lifeforms: Dino and Dragon like Creatures
Tech Level: Prehistoric

==Environmental Report==
The planet/ floating islands high in the sky, the ground is barely visible. All four islands had flowing water, its unclear where the water comes from. All island had statuettes, unclear if they are statuettes of there gods or just statuettes.

==Botanical Report==
Lots of plant life can be found on each floating island, variates between trees, plants, flowers (glowing and non-glowing) and even smoking crystals and geodes.

==Zoological Report==
We encountered many different Dino-like creatures, variates between (what we would call) T-rex-like, some had wings and where able to fly and one was a fire breathing Dragon-like creature, all but one, looked very un-friendly.

==Mission Report Report==
Allen looks around and notices it looks different to the long range survey reports. And somehow these islands appear to be floating above a desert, which on the way down, looked far more populated than we thought.
we have to try to avoid contact with any local intelligent life, and scout from a distance, we can return in disguise if we wish to understand the local civilization.
But indeed, let's also study the local plant life, the reptilians, and maybe understand how the islands are floating the way they are.
There was some sleeping arrangement, clearly we are not the first to come here. Even that looks recent, soon we encountered the first creature. A reptile 'Large creature, the teeth suggest carnivorous, but it doesn't attack, yet. Implying there must be plenty of food around.

I noticed we seem to be in an enclosure with the creature and pointed out the fence at the edge. and what did we make of it? I saw Danger and Ferra thought it looked like a local wildpark, some Jurrasic-park like thing. As Ferre took plenty of samples, i got my eyes on the creature.
Jorden agrees with ferre, his suggestion of an entertainment facility is correct, a zoo of sorts?
Jorden Allen looks up at the statue of another animal 'Certainly, takes intelligent life to make many of the things we see, the statues, the bench, the tent, et cetera'. Maybe we should do more research on the locals, access their technical level, and cultural norms, before we come back with a first contact team. Even with their own rock samples
The mineral deposits serving in a decorative capacity. The diversity of flora, especially the trees, is quite unnatural, you shouldn't get so much diversity in a naturally occuring space. Clearly, this was designed.
As we walking towards a bridge, we saw some large mineral deposits, and they appear to be glowing....even producing steam, it was a beautiful steaming crystal. Jorden Allen scanned the crystal
and wonder if such minerals are how the island stays afloat.

We reach the bridge, an Jorden asked me if it was safe to pass, i looked at it, it looked a bit wably, but i think is safe to cross, however just one at a time. I suggested ill go first, the creatures on the other side dont look friendly and Midway there was a scary looking flying creature.
Now im across, creatures haven't reacted so far, and i was standing in water, wonder where the water is coming from, it's flowing, off the edge even.

Definitely other species of reptilian life here, including winged, and what looks to be a herbivore, and even fire breathing creature.
There Where multiple statues of bipeds, in arms with each other. I guess they must be representations of the natives? Or maybe their gods?
Jorden Allen notices the statues seem to tell a story, one of the bipeds seems to be fading, dying. Maybe it's a love story?
That would support your stipulation of a romantically decorated location.

Up to the next island, Bridge look more steady then the last one, ill go first again. Island was clear, no creatures there. It had a nice view, not sure if it would be soothed to lay here, or terrified of a wind picking up, Jorden said, but the Hammock looked so comfy.
According to Ferre could be the floating effect must be caused by the extreme low density of the material, and filled with an helium-like gas.

Now we continue our journey to the other Islands, as i look the the next bridge, i did look steady enough. So i went first, phaser ready.
As we come up there, we see a small home, we went in and we noticed a magicians furniture. or how jorden calls it eccentric collector, it had a ouija-board, tarot cards and even runes.

Now we are goint to the last island, once up there, we noticed the water was purple instead of blue. Huge mushroom grew here and we saw even a giant water dino-creature, but this one looks friendly, which i cant say about all the others.

==============================================

Throughout the whole mission Ferre took the samples, we take that home to Tranquility, and we finally could go home

=/\= END LOG =/\=

In Service

Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic
Security/Tactical officer
Tranquility Station
:communicator: Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic

Lieutenant Commander | Security
Chief Security Officer | SS Tranquillity

https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Romy_Magic

Return to “Beta Shift Missions”