1. Mission Briefing
2. Status Report & Current Orders
3. Important Participation Notes
4. Supplemental Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=

Captain Log,

The USS Shackleton has exited warp at the last known location of the Nightingale. We have detected signs of a battle and are initiating an investigation. Initial scans indicate the wreckage of at least one ship, with some debris from a second. It would appear the second ship survived the battle, but there are no ion trails or other indications of where it might have gone at this time, but the investigation is still in its infancy.

Scorch marks on the debris indication the use of disruptors, phasers, photon torpedoes and tri-cobolt devices. Long range scans have detected a group of three ships approaching by warp. They are unknown to us, but don't appear armed. It's unknown what their intentions are at this time.

In service,
Captain Yiden Rahn

=/\= STATUS REPORT & CURRENT ORDERS =/\=
Report for Duty: Tranquility Ops
Alert Status: Green
Damage: None

STARTING OBJECTIVES ( * = indicates leading assignments)
Note: if your name is not listed, do not worry. We will add you to a team.

Bridge
CO: Rich Lombardia as Yidan Rahn
Flight Control: Steer the ship
Ops 1: Use long range scans to find missing ship
Ops 2: communications
Science: Investigate the debris
Tactical: Monitor incoming ships
Security: scan ship interior for problems
Engineering: damage control (if only engineer)

Main Engineering
Engineering 1: damage control
Engineering 2: damage control

Science Lab
lab tech 1: Investigate the debris
lab tech 2: Investigate the debris

Sickbay
Doctor 1: Keep crew healthy
Doctor 2: Keep crew healthy

Ships Assisting: None

=/\= IMPORTANT PARTICIPATION NOTES =/\=
1) Joining in late? Not sure what to do? Talk with others in your branch/division/department to be briefed. If they are unavailable, contact the CO/XO to get an update and request assignment.
2) Have a major twist you'd like to implement? Message the Mission Creator (person who wrote the briefing).
3) Don't want to participate? Make sure to observe only and not interrupt the Roleplay.

=/\= SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION =/\=
Confused about the mission? In this section, you'll find background supplemental information about our mission, the area of space we're in, supporting ships, and so on that you can use to help build atmosphere and add detail when participating or to your logging, if you like!

USS Shackleton
Intrepid Class vessel
Has most up-to-date weapons and defenses
Includes traditional warp core and Quantum Slipstream drive
Crew compliments 80/ 140 (a bit shorthanded but still enough to be fully functional)

RP areas
Deck 1:
Bridge, Ready room and conference room

Intrepid
Sickbay
Transporter room
Astrometrics & Science Lab

Engineering
main engineering

*Careful when going through doors, some lead to the "void"

=/\= REPORT TERMINATES… =/\=
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fear of failure is the greatest hurdle to achieving success." - Rich Lombardia

Access Service Jacket
Romy Magic
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Second Officer, Chf Security
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility
Grid: Second life, Star Trek Online

Alpha-Shift

RAdm Rich Lombardia CO
LT Cmdr Erika Lancetti Intel
LT Cmdr Romy Magic Tactical/Security
LT Cmdr Dr. Narek Siva'nek Medical
LT Ellemir Maven OPS
Commander Fema Fireflick Engineering
Crewman 1st class Blane Yalin Intel
Captain Victoria Moonshadow Medical

Mission Name: Alpha-Shift - Tug of War
Stardate: 221104 10.00
Report by: LT Romy Magic
Link to Mission: viewtopic.php?f=986&t=34143

=/\= MISSION LOG =/\=

we gathered in OPS, according to the Captain, we are still aboard the USS Shackleton looking for a way not to declare Rich dead..... permanently. We keep getting sidetracked trying to find the Nightingale.
Dr. Narak wondered if we are ever going to find that Doctor. but if we could reach him. He seems to be in unspecified trouble.

Now The Captain assigned us our Roles:
- Romy, Tactical and doubling with security (my favorite role)
- Blane, Ops station
- Ellemir, Helm
- Fema, to engineering with
- Ericka, also Engineering
- Victoria, Sickbay
- Narak, Sickbay

We now go to the Deck where we are assigned, to the Bridge
the current status: we are stopped near the debris field scanning it and have three unidentified ships on approach. They are not currently armed.

the Captain asked what i can tell about the ships, as i scanned the ships .... she receive the following, Each of those ships has a roughly equivalent to a frigate. Their weapons on just a bit less powerful they have disruptor's and missile weapons. They are smaller with about 60 life forms on each,

We hailed them: =^= This is Captain Yidan Rahn of the Federation starship Shackleton. We are conducting an investigation and have detected you on intercept course. Please state your intentions. =^=
and we got answer: =^= This is Captain Ja'top of the Eos Freedom League. You are in our territory. We too are conducting an investigation into a mising ship and you appear to be right smack in its debris field. Do dont attampt ot flee ot raise weapons .=^=
=^= If you do we will take that as an admission of guilt and attack. =^=
Captain Rahn answered back: =^=Then I propose a joint investigation. We have no records of the Eos Freedom League or your boarders and apologize for trespassing. We will comply with your requests. Perhaps we should meet in person upon your arrival? We'd be happy to host you aboard our ship.=^=
Captain Ja'top: I'll decide that after our preliminary investigation. We'll speak again soon.=^= *and closes the comms*

i had to announce yellow alert but keep shields lowered and on standby. Might want make sure everyone is in place if things take a turn for the worst.
Mr. Yalin, gave the captain a quick rundown on your analysis of the debris. I have a feeling they may be looking for a responsible party and like us for the cause of their lost ship. he reported and notes the computer is working tests a few questions. In addition to the use of disruptors, phasers, photon torpedoes and tri-cobolt devices that would normally be detected, I am also detecting a strange amount of concentrated fusion energy in various hull pieces as if a direct fusion based energy beam struck

All three ships arrive and take positions around the Shackleton. They are still not battle ready but are actively scanning the ship and the debris field.

Engineering reported the Shields on Standby, ready to engage on command and i Acknowledged.
but i did noticed, most of the debris match the composition of the EFL ships around us but some traces of federation ship hull materials.
Blane Yalin reports most of the debris matches the composition of the EEL ships around us with some traces of federation ship materials It indicates some sort of battle but we can't be too sure

As i checked the computer for any Federation ships in this area, Federation records show there have been no Starfleet ships operating in this sector. The only ship that has been here recently is the Tug ship Athos. It’s privately owned and operated by Blackwater Industries.

Now the lead frigate hails the Shackleton: Captain Ja'top: =^= Our scans show a match one of you ship was engaged in a battle with our lsot vessel which means they must have destroyed it. Until we can conduct a further investigation we must as kyou to surrender your vessel. =^=
I personally did not agree on surrendering, so does the Captain.
Captain Rhan: =^= I'm afraid I can't surrender this vessel. We want answers as much as you do and are committed to finding the truth. It will be easier if we do this together as a team than the alternative. =^=

Then All three ships shields go up and weapons are arming.
we inmidiatly go to Red alert and Ellemir had to move us out of their cross fire. as she implements defense pattern Delta, full impulse
Aye Sir, heading for open space to enable warp
i Raised the shields up, at the moment Shields at Full intensity,,, Weapons charging.

The three ships open fire but initially miss the Shackleton. Then then form up in a triangle and pursue us, firing beam and missile weapons.
i Locked on their weapons and engines, disable them. and Fired when as soon it was ready. right on the first ship
Ellemir Maven swings the Shakleton to port so all phaser banks and tubes bear on the first ship

The first ship loses its weapons and breaks off. The remaining two fire back.
Ellemir Maven pulls hard to port, climbing to get above the second ship

i targeting the second ship, Aimed ... and fired as soon the phaser banks there loaded.
Blane Yalin taps the ops console making sure the extra power is still going to weapons and that everyone other department is adequately powered.
Ellemir Maven jinks hard to starboard trying to avoid incoming beam weapon fire.

The vessels coordinate their fire and target an area off the port side hull. Some of the impact bleeds through the shields. A small explosion rocks the ship. our shields are non at 47% and slowy recovering,
Ellemir had to steer to port to protect the Shakleton from other incoming fire on that shield and dives under the the second ship to allow fire against their engines.
Shield are now at 36%n bur recover very slowly.

Second ship is hit and stops moving. Third one tractors beams it and starts to move off.
Ellemir did a Attack pattern beta, and All stoped, and hold fire looks like that got them

Ellemir Maven: changes course for the nearest system at full impulse to separates us from the debris field and waits for further orders
i lowered the alert to neutral, standing down Red Alert.

The lead ship is hailing again: Captain Ja'top: =^= If you think not destroying us will absolve you of your guilt you are wrong. One of your ships destroyed one of ours and you are protecting them. =^=
Captain Rahn: =^=That's not true at all. Put yourself in my shoes, would you surrender your ship. We are dedicated to finding a peaceful resolution and want to work together to get to the bottom of what happened. =^=
Captain Ja'top: =^="Then you should probably hear what this Commander has to say" Screen splits to show a female rommulan commander on screen "Commander Luxina, are you with us? =^=
Commander Luxina: =^= I am here. That Captain is a liar and we have proof. We single handedly captured the intruder. They cleverly disguised it a mere tug ship but its a warship. =^=
=^= It was send into this sector to test a new and devestating weapon. We have the Captain's confession recorded. =^=
Captain Rahn: =^=We don't test weapon on other cultures. Commander Luxina is either bending the truth ot completely deceiving you for some nefarious purpose. =^=
Commander Luxina: "See foir yourself Captains " *Shows an image of a tug ship* "This ship concelaed a fusion weapon where its tractor beam should be. I'm sending over inital technical specs we have obtained. "
Captain Rahn: =^=Where is the crew? Where is this Captain who's confession I'm sure you tortured from him? Let us conduct our own investigation to come to our own conclusions=^=
Commander Luxina: =^=You mean to hide your misdeeds or destroy the evidense? Captain Ja'top, its your space so its your decision. =^=
Captain Ja'Top: =^= They may come to the location of the vessel but they must remain at a distance outside of transporter range. =^=
Captain Rahn: =^=Agreed. Send over the coordinates. I also invite you both over to our ship to discuss these accusations. =^=
Captain Ja'Top: =^= Agreed. We'll see you shortly. Sending you the coordinates.=^=
Captain Rahn remarked: There is no way they are on the level but I can't imagine they have had time to capture one of our tugs and convert it to weapon just to frame us. External scans will give us information but we will need to get aboard that ship...covertly

Tha captain asked Erika to report the the bridge, as soon she arrived
the captain said, commander you are here. I'm going to need a small group to get aboard the ship. Right now we are trying to figure out how will accomplish this when we are going to be outside of transporter range

upon there arrival i started scanning... There is a Valdore class romulan vessel orbiting in parallel but at 25k to the tug instead of 50k. The EFL ship arrives along with us and comes into transporter range
Blane Yalin: Hails the EFL ship letting them know we are ready, after a couple of minutes they are beamed to the conference room.

Both Captain Ja'top and Commander Luxina beamed down to our ready room. Captain Rahn asked me to accompany him in the Ready room.

Commander Luxina: What a nice vessel you have. Pity you are going to lose it when you are found guilty of war mongering.
on that remark i raised my a eyebrow .... you really think we will lose commander??
Commander Luxina: takes out a Romulan data padd and places it on the table. "Gladly, What I'll display is an account of our finding after we boarded your vessel. Before you lecture me about attacking a federation ship, they were disabled. Using the experimental fusion weapon shorted out their entire power grid. We were merely rendering aid.
Commander Luxina: Indeed. We were unable to retrieve any logs, technical specs or other information. They are using a sophisticated algorithm to encrypt the main computer. Another reason this is more than a mere civilian tug boat. Our scans revealed what your own will undoubtedly reveal.... this ship is a warship with experimental and conventional weaponry.
Captain Rahn noticed something flash on his padd and tilts it so only he can see then reads Blane's report. 'son of a...' he thinks regarding the authenticity of the weapon systems.
Commander Luxina: We did manage to take pictures of these systems after we boarded and arrested the crew. I'll display them now. We then contacted the EOS Freedom league with out findings.
Captain Rahn: Now you are holding Federation citizens hostage on the ship? Where is the rest of the crew?
Commander Luxina: That is the entire crew. According to the captain he was out here to test the weapons. I have his confession on record as well.
Captain Rahn: I'd like to speak to the captain directly. Without Romulan presence.... Captain Ja'top is welcome to supervise.
Commander Luxina: Well I doubt anything he has to say will refute this "Displays the encounter between the tug Atmos and the EFL ship. A single blast from the Atmos destroys the EFL vessel. "The EFL ship didn't even fire first...so much for Starfleet's stance on being defensive.
Captain Rahn: There is always more to a story when you are willing to listen instead of beat the truth you want to hear from someone.
Commander Luxina: You have you methods and we have ours.
Captain Rahn: This is a lot of information to take in. I'd like to request an hour break to review these findings.
I asked are your methods justified, commander?
Commander Luxina: Seeking the truth is always justified. I'm good with an hour. More time to question the crew of that ship. she smiles evilly (i dont like the sound of that).
Captain Ja'Top: Agreed. One hour
Rich Lombardia: Captain Ja'Top: Agreed. One hour

Commander Luxina uses her communicator and in Romulan "One to beam back

and we went back to the bridge.
Captain Rahn: Alright, I bought us an hour but we have to work fast. The evidence being presented is not looking good. At this point its fair to say someone made this tug into a weapon. It encountered an EFL ship and destroyed it. WE have no sensor or communication logs from the TUG and we are being denied access to the crew for now. They have a confession but its not worth the padd it's saved on.
We need to access that ship. If we close in they may raise shields or make us look guilty.
the captain asked Ericka, I'd like you Blane and a few others to board that ship. We can fit the environmental suits with bio-scramblers so they wont detect your presence. Getting you over there is the tricky part. I have an idea though but we need to run the numbers. You goal will be to tag the crew for retrieval and download the ship logs. If the systems are locked out you'll need the code from the Captain.
Also, I want ot avoid an incident from the Romulans so we have to avoid a fight while on that ship.

We continue next week....

=/\= END LOG =/\=

In Service

Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic
Security/Tactical officer
Tranquility Station
:communicator: Commander Romy Magic

Commander | Security
Chief Security Officer | SS Tranquillity

https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Romy_Magic