3. Important Participation Notes
4. Supplemental Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=

Log Report:
Captain Yidan Rahn
Admiral's Adjutant

An advanced virus infected a holodeck with several staff, including our CO, Rear Admiral Rich Lombardia. During the time the hacker, calling himself the Soul Splitter, put the participants in mortal dangers. This was an elaborate plot to attack Admiral Lombardia with a method still unknown. The Virus was self deleting, making any analysis virtually impossible. While the Admiral appeared to be physically unharmed, there is no brain activity whatsoever. At this time, I'm requesting that medical performs a re-download of his memories. In the meantime, I've tasked Operations and intelligence with discovering how they were able to bypass our brand-new security protocols. Security is tasked with trying to find out who was aboard the station that might have the skills to carry out such an attack. This is not only a visitor review, but a rather lengthy check of equipment and sensor logs. No mere tricorder was able to infect our systems. We are looking for a real professional.

=/\= STATUS REPORT & CURRENT ORDERS =/\=
Report for Duty: Tranquility Ops
Alert Status: Green
Damage: None

STARTING OBJECTIVES ( * = indicates leading assignments)
Note: if your name is not listed, do not worry. We will add you to a team.

Operations: Comb the security systems and computer core for clues.
Engineering: Repair damaged systems as needed from fallout of virus
Science: Assist Medical in the re-download of Admiral Lombardia's consciousness.
Medical: Perform download process of Admiral Lombardia
Security: Review visitor and sensor logs of anyone who might have specialized computer skills.
Intelligence: Assist Security operations with their investigation
Marine: Guard Admiral Lombardia during the procedure.
Cadets: Assist the relevant dept
Civilians: Be Civil
Guests: Report to Department Chief of assignment

Ships Assisting: None

=/\= IMPORTANT PARTICIPATION NOTES =/\=
1) Joining in late? Not sure what to do? Talk with others in your branch/division/department to be briefed. If they are unavailable, contact the CO/XO to get an update and request assignment.
2) Have a major twist you'd like to implement? Message the Mission Creator (person who wrote the briefing).
3) Don't want to participate? Make sure to observe only and not interrupt the Roleplay.

=/\= SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION =/\=
Confused about the mission? In this section, you'll find background supplemental information about our mission, the area of space we're in, supporting ships, and so on that you can use to help build atmosphere and add detail when participating or to your logging, if you like!

Nothing at this time

=/\= REPORT TERMINATES… =/\=
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fear of failure is the greatest hurdle to achieving success." - Rich Lombardia

Access Service Jacket
Romy Magic
Security - Lt Commander
Security - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Security
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ
Grid: Second life, Star Trek Online

Alpha-Shift

RAdm Rich Lombardia (Captain Yidan Rahn) CO
Fleet Capt Jorden Allen XO
LT Cmdr Romy Magic Tactical/Security
LT Cmdr Dr. Narek Siva'nek Medical
LT Ellemir Maven OPS
LT Ferre Flamand Science
Ensign DeMarcus Kane OPS
Crewman 1st class Blane Yalin Intel

Mission Name: Alpha-Shift - Out of Body Snachters
Stardate: 220925 10.00
Report by: LT Romy Magic
Link to Mission: viewtopic.php?f=986&t=33943

=/\= MISSION LOG =/\=

Today we gathered at first at OPS, we begin with a little background, what did happened in the holodeck last few weeks.
We had a shared holodeck novel the past few mission that was meant to be a team building activity and a break from the chaos. It was everything but that. A hacker called the Soul Splitter somehow infected the program with a virus that gave him increasingly more control and eventually sprang his trap to capture Admiral Lombardia (me). Despite the best efforts of the crew the Soul Splitter got what he wanted and the program abruptly ended. Admiral Lombardia was rendered unconscious and transported to medical.

There for Captain Yidan Rahn took over temperately command, Medical with the help of science is going to perform this procedure though without the need of of a new clone. Physically there is nothing wrong with the Admiral.
So goals of today are investigation for Ops, Security and intel, science and medical are going to try and bring Rich back.

Todays XO is me, since im the only full Senior staff member here, Ferre is the lead for the science medical task group.

Captain Yidan Rahn headed down to Medical to see what exactly is wrong with the Admiral, and gave me the Conn.
Ellemir Maven goes to the station's computer core to start running analysis of possible points of access, and i asked LT maven if she can track any record of the virus being in our systems.
Blane Yalin goes though strat ops and check all incoming connections to the ship within the week.

Ensign Kane and im had to go down to the holodecks to investigate, i gave Lt Maven the Conn for that time.
We scanned the console of the holodeck, Ensign Kane pulls out a tricorder and begins to gather as much data as he can, and he saw something odd access patterns around the time of the incident.
he points out some things that seem out of place, but not fully understanding what the are.

Blane Yali reports, he checked out planet data as well as colony and installation data and correlating it with up to date system scans and well ... so far nothing out of the ordinary. So far our planet/colony/instllation data is all correct and up to date when compared to up to date system wide scans
Ellemir Maven starts with the computer logs, analyzing access patterns and looking for any anomalies that could be the hacker, she wonders if the hacker brought in his own device or if he was able to compromise the base's own hardware.

I had the computer show all logs of Admiral Lombardia's Holodeck programs.....looks in the the records, the program is re-written .... but by who.
Ensign Kane wondered did the admiral access the underlying controls of the program that was running at the time of his incapacitation? I see a lot of activity associated with his user account, but maybe that is normal? Can we trace the changes from original to corrupted version? Search for some signature in the rewrites?
Thats for Intel to investigate.
Ellemir Maven manages to exclude much of the station, residential areas, docking bays, cargo storage where no command level access has occurred. She sorts the list of user accounts, but usage and cross checks to see if any crew accounts were being used while crew was away from the station or off shift she adds another criteria, looking for access that where the location access occurred does not match where the station location system shows the crew member was on duty.

Now Captain Rahn came back to OPS, we went back to OPS too, to analyze the scans further.

Blane Yali Reported nothing odd coming up on planet/colony/installation data even cross referencing with up to date system scans they both match.

Captain Rahn was almost impressed this Soul Splitter was able to come to one of the most guarded Federation space stations in the Delta Quadrant and pull this off. Striking right when we are vulnerable... in our very own digital prison. Brilliant. he said, Blane Yali remarked, yeah the work was so good that there is zero trace goes show he has to exception talent especially with covering there tracks

Ensign Kane continues to analyzing the code rewriting, i access the camera system to see if there someone had access near the holodeck, *accessing the systems* .... scrolling though ..... it still unclear.
Ellemir Maven studies the data, studying the logs that are left. Brings up a list of which subsystems have been accessed by each command staff member

Most likely was is was done by multiple people, who had access to the Admiral codes. who where able to access the holodeck programs remotely

Ensign Kane asked "Why would the admiral initiate rewriting his own program, are these records accurate or simply showing as him as rewriting the program due to him owning it?
The Captain looks to Demarcus and said "The Admiral was rewriting the code? That has to be an error."
Ensign Kane remarked, That's what I'm seeing. I don't understand why though. How do I get the green text? Am I doing something wrong?
Captain Rahn wondered, How could he rewrite the program if the entire holodeck team was locked out of the main computer?
Blane Yali said, Yes it does seem odd but nothing too out of the ordinary people re write code all the time.
Captain Rahn asked Could it be his codes were compromised? That would be the hack of the century? and he ordered Mr. Kane, to pull all logs of the Admiral access code usage for the entire day. Cross reference them with his physical location and if any don't align then it probably wasn't him.... especially once he was in that holodeck.

Ellemir Maven starts to exclude the obvious sytems. Flight operations, energy system operation, life support, turbo lifts, heat and cooling, narrowing the list down.
While im still scrolling through the camera logs, still nothing, must be done remotely.
Ellemir Maven frowns when my findings indicate that Admiral Lombardia's own account has been used to access key data banks in the main computer core
Blane Yali may have found something in the restricted files you know the ones that are Intel and CO only..... and I have cross referenced some stuff seems I have found the tiniest evidence and I seriously mean the tiniest shows somehow security was bypassed without anyone knowing anything.
Which i remarked that i need to update the security systems again, but Captain Rahn said not be too hard on myself, this was a real professional. which reassures me, but i still need to keep the security-systems up.

As i looks over the camara's, they show nothing, they definitely had remote access.
Ensign Kane notices that there is a definite connection into civilian subnet, Captain Rahn said If this person had access to all security systems they could have virtually moved as a ghost through out the station.
Blane Yali said he may have just solved some of this after digging and digging that maker kept coming up in restricted files after cross checking and cross referencing, it seem our friend somehow and he has no idea whatsoever managed to bypass all security including sensors using the restricted files and it appears to be with a false identity other than that there is nothing else I can come up with.
Must be some serious and it means serious advanced technology something that not even UFS or any other group may have since they can get in and out without a trace except that it leave the tiniest marker on the file that takes hours to decrypt to find.

Then Ellemir Maven Interesting dicovery and sees a shuttle departure that's recorded in the docking bay logs but not in flight operations logs, i Asked when the departure.... that was twelve minutes ago. Almost exactly two hours after the holodeck shut down.
unknown who was in the shuttle.. the arrival record also seems to have been purged. unknown passenger, unknown ship registration.
class 9 shuttle, warp capable.

Blane Yali repeated, he just spent the better part of 4 hours trawling through restricted files and decrypting, cross referencing and cross examining files, to end up finding a tiny marker on the restricted files and somehow I'm not 100% certain how I did it it references that the restricted files were somehow used to bypass all security on the station and he is guessing it was an outside connection with some sort of super advanced technology.

Ellemir Maven reported, shuttle appears to be on course for Charon's Beacon, in thirty minutes they will be outside Federation jurisdiction.

Our best option was to intercept the shuttle our-selfs, Ellemir Maven contacts the docking bay, tells the crew to prep the runabout Amazon since she was sure Captain Rahn is going to want to make a delivery.
Captain Rahn gave Ellemir the permission to do a preflight in the docking bay.
I did recommend to the Captain to sent a security detail with the runabout, which he agreed.
The ground crew has completed preparing the ship and she has finished the preflight. USS Amazon is ready for departure.
Captain ordered me and a few Security officers to accompany us. (the whole crew) and beam aboard the USS Amazon runabout. i am happy to company, because im pissed at the person who did this.

Captain Rahn to the crew: Crewman, we are boarding a runabout to track down this Soul Splitter. We may need someone of your talents to help us as the vessel is headed outside of Federation space
Transfer what you need to the USS Amazon and report three for duty. =^="All hands prepare for departure. Make sure your seats are in the upright positions and tray tables are secure. The in flight movies is the "Borg and the Beautiful, The Price of humanity". We'll be traveling at a cruising speed of warp 5 and should arrive at our destination in a few days. please enjoy the flight and take you for using Starfleet, Proudly go Forward." =^=

We are ready to departure, in pursuit the unknown shuttle, we continue next week.

=/\= END LOG =/\=

In Service

Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic
Security/Tactical officer
Tranquility Station
:communicator: Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic

Lieutenant Commander | Security
Chief Security Officer | SS Tranquillity

https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Romy_Magic

Return to “Alpha Shift Missions”