1. Mission Briefing
2. Status Report & Current Orders
3. Important Participation Notes
4. Supplemental Information

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=
Chapter 4: To Oblivion and Beyond

The occupying forces have pulled back from the eastern part of the town and appear to be retreating back into Oblivion. While the original mission was to seal the gate, we now must enter Oblivion itself and stop the Soul Splitter before his power grow to the point he can destroy us at will. It might also be the only way to safely exit this program. I hope we can find some answers. Someone has gone through a lot of trouble to infect this particular program and while it would appear the goal is to assassinate one or more of the command staff and senior officers we cannot be certain who or why.

Chapter 3 three recap

Just before the battle we had T'lara join us in the holodeck to inform us the entire program was under attack by an advanced virus that already locked out command and control that prevented us from freezing the program, altering it or even showing the arc. All safety protocols have been disabled. The source is a draedric lord called the Soul Splitter. If the program takes full control, then this soul splitter can do anything with the program. We must get to him before the virus takes over. Fortunately, after a fierce battle, we have emerged victorious. The Soul Splitter is now in Oblivion. We must enter his realm to defeat him.

Chapter Two recap

The town is separated by a river with a ferry (small boat connected by a robe that extends across the river) that allows people to move from one side to the next. The eastern part of town has been occupied by an enemy force. The west side has been fending off raids, but they are concerned they are ill-equipped and staffed to fend off a full invasion. They are in need of heroes.

Chapter One Recap:

On route to the town of Drellin's Ferry, we have been ambushed by Orcs. Although they had us surrounded, we were able to hold our own against them and eventually caused them to run off (the ones we didn't kill). Hopefully there are no more surprises on the road to town.

Note:
See below for what is needed

=/\= STATUS REPORT & CURRENT ORDERS =/\=
Report for Duty: Tranquility Ops
Alert Status: Green
Damage: None

STARTING OBJECTIVES ( * = indicates leading assignments)
Note: if your name is not listed, do not worry. We will add you to a team.

Operations: Attend briefing
Engineering: Attend briefing
Science: Attend briefing
Medical: Attend briefing
Security: Attend briefing
Intelligence: Attend briefing
Marine: Attend briefing
Cadets: Assist the relevant dept
Civilians: Be Civil
Guests: Report to Department Chief of assignment

Ships Assisting: None

=/\= IMPORTANT PARTICIPATION NOTES =/\=
1) Joining in late? Not sure what to do? Talk with others in your branch/division/department to be briefed. If they are unavailable, contact the CO/XO to get an update and request assignment.
2) Have a major twist you'd like to implement? Message the Mission Creator (person who wrote the briefing).
3) Don't want to participate? Make sure to observe only and not interrupt the Roleplay.

=/\= SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION =/\=
Confused about the mission? In this section, you'll find background supplemental information about our mission, the area of space we're in, supporting ships, and so on that you can use to help build atmosphere and add detail when participating or to your logging, if you like!

See the character creation guide posted in the SS Tranquility Server.

=/\= REPORT TERMINATES… =/\=
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fear of failure is the greatest hurdle to achieving success." - Rich Lombardia

Access Service Jacket
Romy Magic
Security - Lt Commander
Security - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Security
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri HQ
Grid: Second life, Star Trek Online

Alpha-Shift

RAdm Rich Lombardia (Belkoros) CO Belkoros
Fleet Capt Jorden Allen XO
Cmdr Kestral Roffo (Kes Dragonheart) 2nd officer
LT Cmdr Oola Quan OPS
LT Cmdr Romy Magic Tactical/Security
LT Ellemir Maven OPS
LT Ferre Flamand Science
LT Cmdr Dr. Narek Siva'nek Medical
LT JG T'Lara Ek'Tal Medical

Mission Name: Alpha-Shift - Holodeck Hijinks Part 4
Stardate: 220918 10.00
Report by: LT Romy Magic
Link to Mission: viewtopic.php?f=986&t=33916

=/\= MISSION LOG =/\=

Today we gathered at first at OPS, after a short time we all went in to the Holodeck, and we arrived at the Oblivion Level.

Because when we left off we had just defeated the invasion force and they have sense retreated
The entire forces had not just pulled back but pulled back inside of an oblivion portal. Seeing now alternative, we have chosen to enter the portal in search for the mysterious Soul Splitter. What horrors wait for us inside..... time will tell.

As we enter the Oblivion Level, we noticed we are definitely not alone, We only had to walk a couple of meters when we heard a voice identifying itself as Speaker of the Dead: Soon Admiral.....soon. For now prove your strength. *claps his hands together and suddenly creatures from all around start to move*
Soon after we where surrounded by enemies, we encountered a Giant Demon, a 4 legged demon, a Demon Bull, a very annoying Vampire Princess and a Cerberus.

As we roll our dice to see who will go first, i rolled a 5, the lowest.
I hope my attacks are higher rolled.

Now we are surrounded, Rich goes first, and does a melee attack on the Cerberus, and hits it. Swings both swords in a flurry of sings making contact across the right head!
Oola tries to hit the 4 legged Demon in front of her, and she hit it.
Ferre Flamand attecks the guy in front of him, with his sword (long one), in his left armpit, he was smaller and can dive under his reach. also a good hit.
Kes had his special Attack prepared, The hands of Fury. as he uses it on the Cerberus, to teach it a lesson. again a good hit.
T'Lara used her bow shot point blank to Cerberus right head, a good hit too. Now the Cerberus howls in agony and starts to melt and drip into a puddle on the floor
Ellemir turn, she takes bits of material from her belt pouch and uses the material ingredient to summon an ice bolt and aims it at the face of the one with only a single head. also a hit.
Narek's turn and turns to the horned beastie in front of him with his boots and a long stiletto. he grabbed the horns flip up boot to the eyes then stab the stiletto into his neck if he could.... to blind him and stab him. the attack dint go well and he missed.
My turn, as i focused on the Giant demon ...... takes a deep breath ... blows out the ice spell Frost Bite towards it... a good hit.

Bad guys turn:
Giant demon jumps into the air and drops down hard shaking the group. Rich, Ferre, Ellemir and i took some Damageof it.
The Four legged demon does a wide swing to Narek and Ferre, The demon bull charges Narek, he just dodged it,
Vampire Princess cast Acid rain, as everyone looses some points. However i was able to use my defense Ward and was able to dodge it.

Now its our turn again:
Rich gave the bull the blades of fury! He slice him, and dice him, and carved him into steaks.... almost then. again a good hit.
Oola attacked the Giant Demon in front of her using her sword. He is not having any of that. and she missed.
Ferre's turn, he targeted that same armpit again cause there's a huge wound. and he tried to hit his heart cause it's nearby. With his longsword of course. a good hit.
Kes did his range attack on the giant demon, a good hit and it bursts into flames and falls to a few cinders.
T'Lara shoots for the bull's right eye. -- The bullseye... also a good hit.
Ellemir uses her turn to move back 15' (5M) instead of attacking, also casts a full on fireball at the nasty guy next to Kestral but she missed.
Narek thinks this horned thing is still running around so he has dodged and pulled back so he turns and pull an arrow and let fly at it. and he missed.
My turn again and im pissed at the Vampire Princes for the acid rain earlier ...... focuses on her ..... waves her hands to form a spike of ice .... and impales her with the Ice Spike. a good hit again.

And the bad guys turn again:
The 4 Legged Demon launched at Ferre, and missed him.
The Demon bull charges at Rich, a horn pierces his should and pins him to the ground.
Vampire Princess uses blood drain on Kestrel, missed, But the vampire was unable to regenerate its health by stealing Kes's.

Our turn again:
Rich is now pinned and cant attack.
Oola's turn, she attacks the bull with her sword, but she missed.
Ferre's Gonna try the other armpit with his sword and cut the aorta that runs with this kind of creatures close to the right shoulder. and he also missed.
Kes shoots a ranged attack on bull demon, that was a good shoot, and the bull melts into ash, Rich is freed.
T'Lara aims at the gap in the Vampire's armor, just at the sixth intercostal space, sends a bolt of wooden arrow into her heart. again a great hit.
Ellemir pulls her dagger and lunges, aiming for the creatures eye. The creature was able to block it.
Narek does a ranged attack at the thing pinning ferre and pulls an arrow in fierce hot anger and lets it fly, also a good hit.
My turn again, i focused again on the Vampire Princes, because im still was pissed at her ..... raises her staff in the air ... and summons a tornado towards her. The tornado comes and tears her to pieces...vampire blows away with the tornado... she is dead.

Rich runs at the last demon with my blades of fury, he did hit the demon.
Oola takes a swing at the last demon with her sword, and she managed to hit it and it melts into ash.

Then we hear the Speaker of the Dead again: Well done heroes, you have earned an audience with the Soul Splitter but I doubt you will live to regret it.
Oh I am so impressed Admiral.... you and this crew are magnificent. However, this is where as they say, 'the plot thickens'.
What's wrong, after facing monsters and demons you were expecting something more....terrifying? The worst demons often wear the most angelic faces.
You have asked the question and you are the answer! An explanation beyond that would take far too long and our time together is fairly limited. *he claps his hands together*

A strange chamber appeared a cloud of smoke surrounds me then a blinding light. When we opened our eyes, Rich was trapped in the strange chamber device. the rest of ur look perplex with what just happened with the Admiral.

The Soul Splitter spoke: Try as you will, try as you might, you wont free your captain on this evil night!
Now STAND BACK!!!!!!! *a force emanates from the Soul Splitter forcing you all backward from him. Looking back at him he is not the humanoid he appeared to be, A demon like creature appeared before the strange chamber, i thought that is Diablo.

Oola glanced at the Soul Splitter and advances at it with her sword, her attack had no effect at all. Mediocre!!!! the Soul Splitter shouted.
Ferre attacked with his sword too, it was a hit though there is no visible damage.
Kes shoots with his bow, no hit, Worthless! Do you even want to save him, the Soul Splitter shouted.
T'Lara fires at the power cables where the enter the side of the force field generator.. a good hit, the arrow severs several of the cables but they then reform and connect themselves. the Soul Eater yells; She must be the smart one! But wrong try again!
Ellemir decides to target the big nasty thing with a fireball, that had no effect. I am a creature forged in fire and you think to burn me...... mediocre! I think Starfleet was the best of the best. the Soul Eater said.
Narek had another tactic: turned to the Soul Splitter and asks "Would you please release our Captain without all this violence , release him to us? Soul Splitter: Manners. How polite. I certainly will release him....... when the time is right. That time is not yet. I need more time with him.
I focused on the Demon/Soul Splitter creature ..... cast a Screaming Soul spell from her staff ...... blast it directly to it, a direct hit. Soul Splitter groans in agony which turns to maniacal laughter "Oh the things you do to me...... were I in need of a bride I'd look no further.". Which i looked with disgust ... you got to be kidding me.

Soul Splitter yells: You are all going to have to do better than that if you want to defeat me. This is my realm now! I see you, I see into the very depths of your souls.... I see that which haunts your dreams and terrorizes your very being.... see it for your selves.
As he haunts everyone, except me. he could not penetrate my shields.

Soul Splitter grins as he hears a distant computerized voice say 'download complete'. "It would appear our time together is at an end. You may have your Captain back. I have what I came for. You better hope we never meet again." With that the demon vanishes and the holodeck program ends

We saw the Admiral laying down, the program had anded so we here now able to leave the holodeck, Dr. Narek beamed with the Admiral directly to sickbay.

I hope the admiral is alright, but i fear something is wrong with him.

=/\= END LOG =/\=

In Service

Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic
Security/Tactical officer
Tranquility Station
:communicator: Lieutenant Commander Romy Magic

Lieutenant Commander | Security
Chief Security Officer | SS Tranquillity

https://wiki.ufstarfleet.org/index.php? ... Romy_Magic

Return to “Alpha Shift Missions”