The Iconian Connection (Astraios History)

Moderator: Kem Vala

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

=Denkiri is researching Star Trek canon, Icelandic & Scandinavian archaeology & anthropology, the linguistics of Old Norse & associated languages, and SS Astraios RP logs as a creative interdisciplinary & collaborative project established as an enjoyable OOC activity for our crew. We will occasionally be posting our 'findings' on the forum or perhaps develop an history class or two for UFS Academy.=

==^^== TOP SECRET ==^== CLASSIFIED INFORMATION BEGINS ==^== TOP SECRET ==^^=

DENKIRI CENTRE
AARP BACKGROUND RESEARCH
STARDATE 220702

I have been reviewing the logs of the USS Enterprise under the command of Captain James T. Kirk. These logs have been available only to those with the highest security clearance. I requested access as part of my research into the possible Iconian connection here on Astraios.

I say 'possible' with reference to a connection between the ancient people of Astra and the Iconians. But it is known, to a select few, that an Iconian gateway exists here on Astraios Prime. Hidden, guarded, never used. How long it has been here, I cannot say. Could be centuries. We discovered, when I was deployed here in 2011, that when activated, it emits a very specific energy wave that could be detected by others. Lest the gateway fall into hostile hands and be used for nefarious purposes, it was sealed and hidden with a strict directive that it should never be used.

I started my research with the Enterprise log because I recalled seeing a brief mention of a time portal discovered in 2267. The rest of the report was deemed classified. Most disappointedly, it was unavailable for review by a mere cadet. I have read it now, and even though this project log is encoded, I will not reveal what I have learned. Suffice it to say that I do not feel there is any evidence to prove a link between Astra and the time portal in question. The differences are too great.

More examination of the myths and legends of the ancients is needed to gain even an inkling of when the Iconians might have been here.

Poison Toocool
Vice Admiral, UF Starfleet
AAR Project Management

==^^== TOP SECRET ==^== CLASSIFIED INFORMATION ENDS ==^== TOP SECRET ==^^=

Return to “Denkiri Centre Mess Hall”