Introducing: The Denkiri Centre for Creativity

The Denkiri Centre for Creativity was established on Astraios Prime in the early months of 2422 as a means of outreach to the scientists, philosophers, artists, engineers, and designers who dwell in the Gamma Quadrant. Its philosophy was inspired by the Terran author Gene Roddenberry, who had, in the 20th and 21st Century, envisioned a universe in which sentient life forms would gather to share knowledge, conduct research, and improve the quality of life for all. The Centre hosts brainstorming sessions, organizes an open lecture series, manages artistic exhibits, conducts tours, and works to enhance the immersive environment through building, scripting and developing knowledge of the sector and quadrant.
Meeting Times: Tue 1030 hrs & Fri 2200 hrs Pacific 2x/month
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Astro Balut

Moderators: Poison Toocool, Astro Balut

Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

The Denkiri Centre for Creativity was established on Astraios Prime (3rd Rock Grid) in the early months of 2422 as a means of outreach to the scientists, philosophers, artists, engineers, and designers who dwell in the Gamma Quadrant. Its philosophy was inspired by the Terran author Gene Roddenberry, who had, in the 20th and 21st Century, envisioned a universe in which sentient life forms would gather to share knowledge, conduct research, and improve the quality of life for all.

The Centre hosts brainstorming sessions, organizes an open lecture series, manages artistic exhibits, conducts tours, and works to enhance the immersive environment through building, scripting and developing knowledge of the sector and quadrant.

NAME
(Memory Alpha): "The Denkiri Arm was a spiral extension of the Milky Way Galaxy located in the Gamma Quadrant, at a distance from the Federation which would have taken nearly a century at warp nine to cover."

ROLE
‘Denkiri’ is a centre for creativity which encourages innovation, imagination and interdisciplinary collaboration. Its mission is to reach out into the Gamma Quadrant and bring together scientists, artists, composers, designers, engineers, philosophers, and creators with the goal of sharing knowledge, exploring ideas, and building a foundation for peace and prosperity. (Denkiri is a non-RPing Ship of the Line in UF Starfleet.)

HISTORY
Astraios Colony was established on stardate 110111 when Starfleet returned to Astraios Prime after a local inter-planetary conflict had been resolved. Since then, the Colony and its Helenic Class SpaceStation, SS Astraios, have been charged with the defense of Astraios Sector as well as diplomatic outreach into the Gamma Quadrant. The civilian government of Astraios Prime supports Starfleet’s presence on the planet and works in collaboration with UFS to ensure peace is maintained in the Sector.

CONSTRUCTION AND INITIAL ASSIGNMENT
Denkiri CC is housed in a state-of-the-art facility built according to the specifications of its Commanding Officer, Vice Admiral Poison Toocool.

The Centre’s initial blueprints were drawn up by Commander Alia Soulstar in conjunction with Lieutenant Commander Astro Balut and Civilian Systems Engineer Hans BoShi.

The facility features an indoor garden with open spaces and places to sit and imagine. Each floor has high ceilings, plenty of natural light, extensive windows, and ergonomic fixtures. An Art Gallery is adjacent to the Denkiri building.

ACTIVITIES

MIND MELD Sessions, Tue 1030hrs & Fri 2230 hrs Pacific 2x/month
“I thought it would be neat,” said Toocool, who is a long-time Command officer with United Federation Starfleet, “to get people together to talk about Star Trek, Gene Roddenberry, the various shows and movies, but lots more. There’s so much creativity on Open Sim. I’d like to gather artists, creators, builders, composers, designers, and musicians together in one place to brainstorm ideas, come up with projects, talk about what folks are working on, or discuss ways to reach out and connect with others on the hypergrid.”

BOLDLY GO TREKKING Lecture Series
“Boldly Go Trekking will feature guest speakers from many disciplines and areas of interest,” said Vice Admiral Poison Toocool, Commanding Officer of Denkiri CC. “The idea is to present topics inspired by or related to life as we know it (virtual and real), who we could be as Humans, where we could travel, and what we have learned so far about the amazing universe we live in.”

The first speaker will be Toocool herself, who is a long time Command officer with United Federation Starfleet. Her engaging topic will be 'Critical Thinking and Gene Roddenberry’s Vision of Humanity.' “For those of us who enter Starfleet in order to explore strange new worlds and discover new civilizations,” said Toocool, “the skill of critical thinking is the foundation to tolerance and diplomacy.” Her presentation is scheduled for Sunday May 15th, 11:00 am (PDT), at the Colony’s Amphitheater. Dress is casual.

June’s speaker is sure to be out of this world! Marine biologist Rachel Pfefferi will present a captivating talk entitled, 'Is there Life among the Stars: Astronomy meets Biology in the Search for Extraterrestrials.' In this fascinating and thoughtful lecture, Pfefferi will discuss the conditions needed for life to exist elsewhere. If it is out there, why haven’t we found any evidence of it? Are we looking in the wrong place? Are we looking for the wrong thing? One of Jupiter's eighty moons, Europa, may give us some answers. Pfefferi’s lecture will take place on Saturday, June 4th, at 10:00 am (PDT), at the Colony’s newly constructed AstroTheatre. Opening for the event will be DJ Tek, who will spin some great tunes starting at 9:00 am (PDT).

ART EXHIBITS
"First Contact" - an exhibition of photographs by Poison Toocool, at the Astraios Art Gallery (3rd Rock Grid). From Apr 23 to May 15th. "Things catch my eye... I feel... a frisson inside, something that says 'yes'... and I take the shot. Then I sort through several dozen images, until I find the one that speaks to me the same way. That ends up being what I display. Movement, colour, fantasy... are my inspirations."

"Among the Stars" - digital art by Slightly Glayzed, at the Astraios Art Gallery (3rd Rock Grid). From May 21-Jun 21st. "My art involves my own characters, Anthro and non Anthro, United Federation Starfleet avatars and others. I photograph my avatars, also I create digital paintings and real life photos. I aim to aid in the bettering of online community knowledge and education about Furry's and Anthro's, as well as UFS. And to show others that Star Trek and Furry's can co-exist. Furry's are not all bad and can be great friends!! I enjoy building and 3D modeling on the Metaverse. I would like to educate others on these topics through my artwork."

For more information, please contact:
Commanding Officer: Poison Toocool
Executive Officer: Astro Balut

------------------------
NEW TO 3RD ROCK GRID?

1) sign up for an account on 3rd Rock Grid - https://www.3rdrockgrid.com/create-your-avatar (make sure to indicate "Starfleet" in the message area). Wait to receive the approval email (allow 48 hours).

2) download Firestorm Viewer for Open Sim. Log into 3rd Rock Grid with your avatar name and the provided password.

3) Look for the UF Starfleet Astraios sign at 3rd Rock Grid welcome. Click on it to travel instantly to the Colony.

4) Ask Kem Vala, Alia Soulstar, Dolfke Barbosa, Ellemir Maven, or Poison Toocool for assistance.

Return to “Denkiri Centre”