Moderator: Phoenix Finistair

Phoenix Finistair
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Magellan
Grid: Second Life Grid

*Begin log*

Captain's Log... those are words I never thought I'd say on a regular basis. Yet here I am, creating my very first personal log as a Captain. Not just in rank.

Nix muses to herself as she stares at the stars flashing past her ready room window.

Things have happened so quickly to get to this point that it all feels like a warp blur. It feels like just yesterday Rich asked me if I wanted to captain the Sheppard and it's steamrolled to this. A crew and ship of my own.

Last week we had such an amazing turn out for the launch celebration. It was surreal. All those people to well wish the Magellan was very heartwarming. I've never felt so at home as I do on this vessel.

She gets up to stretch and walks around her small room, taking a seat in front of her Academy diploma.

Yesterday was our first mission. I think it went quite well, but there's always room for improvement. We have some of the best crew UFS has to offer and I hope to do both the crew and Starfleet proud. Hopefully our upgrades will be done shortly and we can really get to exploring the universe.

*End log*
Phoenix Finistair
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

We have been doing holodeck team building exercises since our launch. While fun, they were a stark reminder of what being a commanding officer means.

At first it was quite fun to see the many ways the crew died. Vacuum tubes, saw machines, splorches. I believe we counted over 200 deaths combined. This lead us to compare it to the crew compliment of a Steamrunner. We died more times than the amount of crew the Magellan has.

This made me wonder things I won't discuss in my log. I have a newfound respect for the captains whose steps I walk with. That's one thing they don't prepare you for on the command track. I can't imagine having to suffer losses that grand. *A long somber pause before she continues.*

I feel I've the start of a fantastic crew. I'm sure in many ways they outshine me, and I hope to be a captain they can be proud to serve under. Still have to look through other candidates for positions open and requirements for said positions.

Most of the ship is put together now, though of course, "Tuesday" for a few minor inconveniences. I think we can pick things up on our return from the Nekrit Expanse. I wonder how worried I should be that the NE is where our first mission lies....
Phoenix Finistair
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

*After locking the door of her ready room, Phoenix sits down, undoes the flap of her uniform to signify her being "off duty," and turns to her desk to type out her log after the first "official" mission.*

Today was not what I anticipated. It seems I will need to send a request to Pinastri for more crew once we return to Headquarters. We need more of each branch sadly, the crew is a bit thin. I appreciate the hard work the current crew is putting in, but in the end where does appreciation get you?

I thought today went quite well, but it seems for some to be not the case. We are a new ship and there will be plenty of things we have to adapt to and change, all in good time. Fresh from Pinastri, I think we did well. There is always room for improvement, but it's also good to see the small rays of hope, no?

This mission was strange from the get go and the crew handled it quite well. No one was hurt, nothing was damaged. Aside from that little shuttle scuffle, but Ensign Jones will be buffering those out personally.

We will be at our destination in the Nekrit Expanse in a day or so. I'm anxious to see what Admiral Mistwallow has up his sleeves but I know with the skilled crew I have, we will be successful in whatever our mission is. I'm not sure any of us want to stay in the expanse longer than needed. I think I'm going to get what little real sleep I can get before we arrive. Computer, end log.

*Chirp*
Phoenix Finistair
Command - Captain
Command - Captain

*Sits at her desk with a cup of steaming tea. She looks over the reports from the last mission sighing quietly and pondering to herself briefly before she starts her log*

The team slowly is building. I hope the quality will out do quantity. We seem to all work together nicely and I hope it continues to be the case.

Our last mission was at Charon's Beacon. The mission wasn't very successful. It seems the population of the station, despises StarFleet and anything they represent other than shore leave. We are all gearing up to go tomorrow. We have each picked cover stories and have hopefully found suitable garments for the away team mission. Time will tell if we can get any access from the station crew and members this time.

*looks at her desk, rolling her eyes and grinning.* Maybe this time I'd be able to finish the Iterian Brandy. I do have to blend with the locals to get any info. what better way than sharing a drink?

Return to “USS Magellan Mess Hall”