Welcome to The Promenade!

This forum is a showcase and discussion area for artistic efforts from UFS members. Post your stories, poetry, music, architecture, sculpture, movies, pictures, cartoons, and other types of art, not limited to Start Trek or even science fiction.
Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

This forum is a showcase and discussion area for artistic efforts. Post your stories, poetry, music, architecture, sculpture, movies, pictures, cartoons, and other types of art created by UFS members. We can become motivated to continue with our artwork if encouraged, we can create items to help the group or for sale to others, and we can ask questions and learn about software and methods used to produce art. Topics are not limited to Star Trek, or even science fiction. Please, no logos or ribbons, since that is the responsibility of Heraldry. And please, no adult-themed artwork.

Have fun!
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ

TalenaConstantine
Intelligence - Lieutenant
Intelligence - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Intelligence
Ship/Station Posted: USS North Carolina | Ch. Intel
Grid: Second Life

Hello! I don't know if this is the sort of thing that is relative, but in my efforts to strive to add dimension to my character, I often utilize my love of photoshopping to illustrate aspects of Talena's past, and her duel cultures as a Deltan orion Hybrid.

• My first effort, sort of a brewakdown of how Talena looks, with what she would look like as either a full Deltan and then a full Orion to either side of her: https://i.imgur.com/4PIJ1Zo.png
• Talena's Orion mother and Deltan father...a picture I created for putting up in her quarters, as anyone would have of their parents:
https://i.imgur.com/AFiULRA.jpg

• Talena as she is, dressed in both Orion and Deltan traditional garb:
https://i.imgur.com/uELp4fA.png

• A very young Talena, shown as the rag wearing cast-off, living on a mining colony where Starfleet first found her:
https://i.imgur.com/qrtcSm9.jpg

I truly love fleshing out aspects of Talena's bio and life in Starfleet by supplementing storyline with relative imagery, and have several more including stuff from other sims and roleplays...non-relative and thus not posted here, but it is something I encourage others to do, and will offer help with doing if you need it :)
Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

A new thread was just posted here about roleplaying. It would be good to add your post to that thread.
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ

katherineAubrey Resident
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Medical - Lieutenant JG
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: SS Athena
Grid: 001 Second Life

@TalenaConstantine nice pictures Lt,could you do some of me as a smuggler which is part of my backstory ?
Nabuleone Rhode
Q
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Monarch
Ship/Station Posted: USS Monarch
Grid: Secondlife

Hi Guys,

I like to introduce my own fictional artwork of the past 2 years.

It's not star trek, but it's based on my own story (I write in RL) about the character Delon Koonns and his journey on the fictive starship "ORGANIC SPEEDER".
A while ago I decided to use secondlife to bring this story kind of alive and built up a few photo-settings and collected a bunch of friends and models to make the characters of my story visible.

Meanwhile I have made a huge amount of pictures and put a few on a flickr accout to share them with other interested people.

This is not a roleplay, just a visualization of my own story, for my own joy and inspiration and to have fun with other SciFi interested people in secondlife.
They just had fun to disguise themselves or create own secondlife character just for this project.

Of course, its not a secret business and I know it requires a lot of my spare time in Secondlife, which I also used for UFS before, but this is something which I had in mind a long time, so I also like to offer, that everyone who is interested, to have fun with these pictures and can visit the locations and/or may use it for roleplay away missions.

At the moment the land is not open and secured with orbs, because parts of the land-parcels are used as private homepoints, so just contact me and I will give all visitors access ;)

Nabu

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154055938@N02/albums

or my Facebook Page : Die Reise (The journey)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/organicspee ... tab=albums

p.s. I am not the best builder, but mabye you will like it.
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
micahstellar Resident
Single Cell Lifeform
Duty Post: Civil open agent
Ship/Station Posted: Construction SB Eagle
Grid: Secondlife

I am a fair builder and modder of many things. Textures, logos and what ever happens to inspire me for the moment. I have been an artist since I was a child and never stopped, maybe slowed down a bit though. I gave up on mesh and sculpting though this old schooler is good with most tech stuff I could not wrap the old brain around it so I stick with prims and parts. I have built sims, helped build sims and made textures for myself and others. Perhaps I will post some art and past sims someday but for now the present.

It is not a painting of a pasture, a forest in the rainy hills or bowl of fruit on a table though I have done those yes. I am building a starbase out of inspiration and been wanting to try it for along time. Though my persona is a helicopter pilot and combat facility builder and designer I am stepping into the future for a change. The following pics are of the build which is still in progress. About 90% of this place is made piece at a time when the time allowed me to. Some add ons are of MP and they are credited to the rightful makers.

All are welcome to visit if they wish and role-play is most welcome. Advise, ideas and sharing things is most welcome.

This is for all of you out there who have looked in the mirror and shouted "Engage!"

https://www.flickr.com/gp/141350803@N08/8K2ums
"I'm in this moment now but my shadow is still in the past. Fate perhaps had good intentions but somewhere along the way fate forgot to include a manual. Not all parts of life will always fit" - Captain Mike Stellar (20th century refugee discovered in suspension)

Return to “UFS Promenade”