Admiral’s Challenge January 2019

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

New year lets try to get these going again!

What is your favorite and least favorite Time Travel Episode and Why?
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

My least favorite is probably Time Squared from Next Generation. It seems more a paranoia episode without any real pay off in the end to me, overall just a weak episode.

My favorite is probably Magic to Make the Sanest Man Go Mad from Discovery. It has so much humor, I have watched it probably 6 times and still laugh, Mudd is great and if someone could control time it is exactly what many would do.
Archi Merlin
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Great question! Well, I have a few Time Travel episodes that I hold near and dear to me. I'm going to answer it like this. From a time travel perspective, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is probably my favorite ever. Now, you asked for an episode. And to be fair, there are a plethora of Time Travel episodes to draw from. But to narrow it down, Star Trek Voyager's "Future's End"(both parts) are my favorite, for a couple of reasons. One, Sarah Silverman guest starred in it and was a blast to see. And her and Tom Paris had incredible chemistry. Apparently, it was so good that Bryan Fuller(who wrote a bunch of Voyager episodes) almost brought her character in full time. The second reason was the time period. It was set in the 90's (probably 1996, when the ep was filmed, for plot convenience). And seeing Tuvok wearing a beanie? Priceless.
My least favorite time travel episode is "Twilight" from Enterprise. The reason why I didn't like it is it felt wasted. If there's on thing I hate in a show, it's a time reset, even if the plot calls for it(Here's looking at you, Flash.). But honestly, it wasn't that memorable to me.

Honorary Mentions!: "Time's Arrow" from TNG. "The City at the End of Forever" from TOS. "Timeless" from Voyager. "Little Green Men" from DS9. And of course, "Trials and Tribble-ations" from DS9.
Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Second Life

Hmm, tricky one to answer.

I guess my favourite pre-Discovery episode is Trials And Tribbulations, a very charming episode with a lot of great moments. Like Sisko forgetting about comm badges not existing in the 23rd century, Jadzia being smitten over Spock, Bashir's reaction to realising that his great, great grandmother is hitting on him.

My least favourite, hmm, I guess Time Squared from season two of Next Gen, it felt a bit forced in places. It worked in other areas but it just felt a bit flat in many other areas.

I really enjoyed the time travel episode in Discovery when Mudd causes a time loop, very funny episode that showed quite a different side to the character and how little he cares about lives.

There are many others I'm fond of like Year Of Hell which is a time travel episode of sorts, Future's End, the movie First Contact, Past Tense from DS9, Star Trek 4: The Voyage Home and several more.
"Never underestimate a woman who was trained to survive by whatever means" - Reina Beaumont

"The uniform says nothing of the actual person wearing it, the uniform is merely a uniform, the person is the one actually doing their job" - Reina Beaumont

SB: Director of the School of Beta Quadrant Cultures - SS Alexandria

Access Service Jacket
Ishan Broek
Security - Captain
Security - Captain
Duty Post: Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Unassigned
Grid: Real Life

Top 3 for me are:

3rd place - Past Tense (DS9) - A beautiful two-parter, with a particularly magnificent performance from Avery Brooks

2nd place - Yesterday's Enterprise (TNG) - probably one of the best TNG episodes of all, but it has to be up there as one of the best time travel episodes purely because it gave us the previously unseen Enterprise-C, and it gave us back Tasha Yar (be still my beating heart)

1st place - City on the Edge of Forever (TOS) - For no other reason than it is simply the best episode of any flavour of Star Trek ever made.

Worst - Anything from Voyager.
Since 070630

Return to “Admiral's Challenge”