Admiral's Challange Jan 2022

MilesPrower Dagger
Operations - Admiral
Operations - Admiral
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Well its a new year so I am interested in trying this again! I hope to see some people joining in still

So I ended up starting these early, just a few things I want to highlight:
These are for FUN
These are to share our thoughts as Fans.
This is NOT about right or wrong, it's about personal opinions.
Agree to Disagree.

This is not a debate on who so right or wrong or what is best or worst everyone has different tastes and honestly different ages they joined the fandom so they have different views. Respect each other’s views and opinions.

I have a list of these I have been working on, I am starting with some simpler ones to gauge interest and have more complex ones waiting. I might post more than one a month if I get interest.
===========================================

In your opinion, who or what is the best Villain in Star Trek? This can be an individual or a race, use specific examples from episodes that helped you reach this opinion. NOTE! I am saying no Gul Dukat for this for the reason he has so much development as a character that most in the franchise don't get. So try to pick someone else :P
Jorden Allen
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility
Grid: 001 Second Life

No Dukat, you say?

Then perhaps similarly cheating, I would say Kai Winn.

In fact, I would actually call her more of a villain than Dukat (who to his credit, was at least charismatic and a good tactician), she was the kind of evil who was so clearly a bad person, but you couldn't touch or do anything about. She would just hide behind piety and her position, yet really manage to get under your skin.

Whether it's the simple, personal acts such as making it clear Kira wasn't welcome when she goes to the monastery to seek solace, or the grander acts that lead to her becoming a Kai in the first place. She wanted power, would stop at nothing to get it, and all the federation/our heroes could do was watch and let it happen. At least Dukat they could actually fight against.
Kanashio Resident
Single Cell Lifeform
Duty Post: Engineer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: Second Life

I think mentioning Q here would be worthwhile,

He's well developed across TNG and Voyager, and brings about chaos with a certain element of comedy.
In TNG, he makes great efforts to tilt Picard, and turn Riker, failing at both in the most intriguing ways possible, and with some kind of lesson involved for the officers in play.
Humor here is further shown in his interactions with Data, literally giving the Android Officer his first laugh.
I'm also pretty sure damn near everyone caught some variety of humor out of his notably less-than-chaste, and rather bold, comments towards Janeway.
Not to mention his one scene in DS9, involving getting quite literally decked by a Starfleet officer.
Overall, he's a semi-antagonistic character, who provides an unusual variety of comedy and teachable moments. Is there any wonder he shows up in Mentally Tact?
Bodan Resident
Horta
Duty Post: Resigend 231219
Ship/Station Posted:

I think DS9 in general had the whole "greatest villains" thing all wrapped up. Weyoun, Jem H'adar, Kai Winn, Female Founder, Cardassians, the list goes on. Dukat is obviously the best villain of all, superbly written and supremely acted.

Outside of DS9, I think its hard to look past the Klingons. They have been a thorn in the federation's side since the beginning, the old foe so to speak, and I can't wait till we discover how they are faring in the 31st century in Discovery.
Commander Bodan Landar
Starfleet Security
:flags-wavegreatbritain:
Drewski Northman
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: 001

We all know who the most fearsome villains in Trek are….

The Pakleds. They are strong. Pakleds have big ships. Federation won’t stop them.
In Service,

Captain Drewski Northman
CO, USS Atlas NCC 74138
Amcruising Resident
Operations - Lieutenant
Operations - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Operations Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri Headquarters

I would like to put forward Species 8472.

Not that they are an overly aggressive villain but they can easily be regarded as a problem to the Federation.

Only just able to be held back by Voyager while having to collaborate with the Borg and then that this species were able to defeat the Borg, they hold a particular danger.

Future dealing could see them become not just a foe but even a villain and dire threat to the existence of the Federation should they continue to see all others as weaker than themselves and a danger to their existence.
Lt Amanda Cruisier
Operations Officer
Starfleet Branch Intro Diploma (SBiD) Director, UFSA.
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: C-in-C, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: Headquarters

The then "Lieutenant Commander Shelby"

The reason I see her as a "Villian" is due to her nature, not only did she assume that Riker was going to take an appoinment somewhere else but also went above his head to Picard. She went onan unauthorised Away Mission and continusly forewent the Chain of Command.

Now most may think "well that's not a villian" however a villian is not just one of the species out to destroy the Federation but can also demonstrate the reasons we have the likes of Protocols, Chain of Command etc.

The episdoe i refer to also has one of my favourite quotes in it

"You disagree with me, fine. You need to take it to the Captain, then fine. Through me. You do an end run around me again, I'll snap you back so hard, you'll think you're a first year cadet again." - Commander Will Riker:

However when Picard became "Locutus" she proved to be a capable office. This character to me was well written and showed that even Starfleet Officers have flaws and can grow, much like those in UFS, for without mistakes we cannot learn from them. and thus she remains one of my favourite (albiet not damaging) villians.
Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Chief, UF Starfleet Operations
Ship/Station Posted:

I think a vote has to be put in for Khan. And I'm talking about the Khan of the Original Series and of the movie Star Trek II (not the Abrahms Khan). It was neat seeing Star Trek's take on Moby Dick -- with Kirk playing the part of the White Whale to Khan's Ahab. Khan is brilliant, motivated, and in his own way, sympathetic. He's got a real beef with Kirk. He expresses real pathos and must be one of the best-motivated villains out there. And come on... Ricardo Montalban was just brilliant.
Jenaea Resident
Science - Lieutenant JG
Science - Lieutenant JG
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 SL Grid

I enjoyed Moriarty. He was the clever rival of Sherlock Holmes born out of the holodeck. Every episode with him is a joy, and he's just such a complex, fascinating character that does bad things for such human reasons.
Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

I believe that one of the best villains in any Star Trek series would be the race of parasites from TNG season 1, episode 25, Conspiracy. Unlike the Deneva parasites from the TOS episode Operation - Annihilate! they didn't change the host's personality. Unlike a DS9 changeling, they retained most of the host's memories. The only way to detect an infected host was by a medical scan or by noticing a tiny "gill" on the back of the host's neck. They were such good villains that they almost took over Starfleet! And the episode made it seem like there were more of them out there, so they could return at any time.
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ

Reina Beaumont
Security - Commander
Security - Commander
Duty Post: Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility

Dukat was a great villain, so charming with his seemingly gentle sophistication while within was someone who was cunning, intelligent and more than willing to do whatever he feels needs doing to achieve his goals no matter who got hurt, or killed, along the way.
"Never underestimate a woman who was trained to survive by whatever means" - Reina Beaumont

"The uniform says nothing of the actual person wearing it, the uniform is merely a uniform, the person is the one actually doing their job" - Reina Beaumont

SB: Director of the School of Beta Quadrant Cultures - SS Alexandria

Access Service Jacket
3249Rowena
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thor

Greenlantern Excelsior wrote:
I believe that one of the best villains in any Star Trek series would be the race of parasites from TNG season 1, episode 25, Conspiracy. Unlike the Deneva parasites from the TOS episode Operation - Annihilate! they didn't change the host's personality. Unlike a DS9 changeling, they retained most of the host's memories. The only way to detect an infected host was by a medical scan or by noticing a tiny "gill" on the back of the host's neck. They were such good villains that they almost took over Starfleet! And the episode made it seem like there were more of them out there, so they could return at any time.
That was an interesting storyline, shame it got dropped so quickly. Maybe one that some future project could pick up "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" style.

Return to “Admiral's Challenge”