Passing of a Legend - The Boss

Chat away with your fellow officers here! Just don't bring the tribbles in!
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy CinC, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: Headquarters
Grid: Second Life

Usually my posts are about the moving forward of UFS, changes in its core and how we can better things.

Today I felt I needed to address the big news circling the world.

As a Former Active British Armed Forces member it is with great sadness to hear about the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II . Whether you believe in the Monarchy or not, Whether you have opinions on the state of things is irrelevant at this point.

Queen Elizabeth II was a remarkable woman, commenly refered to as "The Boss" by those in the military. Her dedication to duty, her passion for her role, her dignity, poise and unwaivering loyalty to the United Kingdom, Commonwealth and the World can never be matched.

I had the priviledge of meeting Her Majesty on two occasions and both times will forever remain close to my heart. She showed humour and compassion and her legend will live on in the people that she intereacted with and the hearts that she has touched.

Rest in Peace Your Majesty, My Boss and Long Live The King
Admiral
Deputy Commander in Chief
Braxx Juventa
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Rest in peace your majesty...... 🌹
Bodan Resident
Security - Captain
Security - Captain
Duty Post: Chief Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri CC
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

I don't have a military background but I am a staunch royalist, so this cuts to the bone. An everpresent in my life...she was my Queen, always there. The United Kingdom, the Commonwealth and the world have lost a massive personality, an incredible force for good, and probably the best diplomat we have ever seen.

The Queen is dead. Long live the King!

:flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :flags-wavegreatbritain:
Captain Bodan Landar
Starfleet Security
Denkiri Station
:flags-wavegreatbritain:
Eddie Hagoromo
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Joint Chief of CompOps
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri Headquarters

Alpha Company Graduate

Access Service Jacket
Lizzy Gracemount
Medical - Commodore
Medical - Commodore
Duty Post:

Even though I'm from the States, I've always admired her. She had such strength and poise. She was an inspiration to me growing up and again when facing hard times. Whatever she faced, she did so with grace. My favorite story about her is the one where she's driving the ambulance during WWII. There was no one else to drive it so she did. It surprised people when the driver turned out to be her. And my other favorite part about her is that she lived a somewhat common life prior to her father becoming King. That she met her husband on vacation with her family (a normal thing to do for a family) and they wrote for years in a long-distance relationship before they started dating and got married. She is proof that long-distance relationships can work and evolve to something that will last decades. When I look at her, I see a woman who has lived such a long full life. A woman who has seen 15 prime ministers, two of which were women. A woman who lived through two world wars and several smaller wars. A woman who served in the military and was a military wife before her life went into upheaval and she became a Princess. I see a woman that managed to navigate family life and career and did so in such a way that was graceful, honorable, showed integrity, and above all love. She managed to have it all. She lived a full and amazing life! She will be greatly missed.
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Amcruising Resident
Operations - Ensign
Operations - Ensign
Duty Post: Operations

As a former Royal NZ Navy officer, we pledged an oath of "true allegiance to our Sovereign Lady the Queen, her heirs and successors." It was heart-moving on that day and indeed just as touching on the day of the Queen's passing.
She was a great example of dedication to service and well-loved.
RIP your Majesty. Long live the King!
Ensign Amanda Cruisier
Operations Officer
UFSA Mentor, Starfleet Academy

Return to “Quarks Bar”