A small thank you for all the little things

Chat away with your fellow officers here! Just don't bring the tribbles in!
RodneyMMckay
Medical - Captain
Medical - Captain
Duty Post: Medical
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: SL

I'll preface this with: I'm having a very bad day.
Many of you know I have physical issues. On top of that, my mostly dormant social anxiety decided to kick into high gear today.
But that's not what this is about. If you need to read about that, see Kermie's latest post here.

I just wanted to say thank you.
For helping create a place where I feel like I belong.
For creating roleplays and running adventures and immersing in all things Star Trek, definitely.

But also for saying hi, telling jokes, for listening when I IM just because I worry too much (Hi Ferre!), for letting me be awkward because I am me.

For trying to support each other.

For being a community that tries to uphold IDIC even though our rl universe makes that extremely difficult.

I'm coming up on my 7th year in UFS. It hasn't always been easy. There was a time when the only place I felt like I belonged was on my ship. That's no longer true.

I think UFS has moved past some of its issues.

So I've ventured out, tried new things, made offers to help in this community. I hope even if my help isn't accepted, its taken as a sign that I want this community to continue.

And here's another. I'd love to give each of you that do the little things to keep this group going an award...maybe a cookie award!

But since the P&A director would probably pull a Romulan disruptor on me if I tried, let me just say...

Thanks.

Rodney
CMO USS Veracruz
Senior Medical Advisor, UFS
Ulrich Bechir
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Shogun-A
Grid: Second Life

Beautiful sentiment Rodney. You're so right! Trust me as well, many people don't know what they've got 'til its gone.

Return to “Quarks Bar”