HI All

Welcome to UFS! Start your first step by introducing yourself to the group here!
MatthewDelta Resident
Operations - Ensign
Operations - Ensign
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I tried to join UFS about a month ago, but then got distracted by real life. I'm a Second Life resident. I just completed the intro and orientation class and look forward to exploring the various branches and opportunities within this amazing group. In real life, I live in Atlanta, Georgia with my fiance and two daughters - 8 and 15 who visit me often when not with their mother. I was divorced last March of 2021, but am happy now to be restarting my life with a much better and happier situation.

I love Star Trek - always have. Never watched much of the old series, but I've seen every episode of every other series since TOS except well Prodigy, still need to get into that and also need to finish up Lower Decks. My favorite was probably TNG but I love them all. The sense of adventure, exploration, openness, all of that is just a big thrill to me. Star Trek gives me a deep emotional surge and makes me think. Anyways I'm droning on. Wishing you all well and looking forward to determine my race and branch and all the other details to flesh out my in game personality.

For now I'm happy to be a member of the federation.
Ulrich Bechir
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post: Intelligence
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: Second Life

Welcome aboard, I hope you have a wonderful time and make many new friends.
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Grid: SecondLife

Welcome aboard! I am glad we got everything sorted out. I am looking forward to working with you.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

Greetings Matthew,

Welcome aboard! I'm happy you've joined us. This is the perfect place for someone that loves Star Trek! If you click the poster on the right side of your screen showing THIS MONTH'S EVENTS, it will take you to the September Event Schedule on the Forum. It has a list of social events you may attend if you wish.

Also, if you scroll down and look on the right side of your screen you will see the UF Starfleet Schedule Calendar. It has a list of all UFS activities including the dates and times of the starships' Mission Roleplays.

If you haven't done so already scroll up to the top of your screen and click on UFS Discord. You can join the UFS Discord group to get information and chat with other UFS members. I'm looking forward to meeting you in-world. Welcome to UFS!
Jimmbo Resident
Engineering - Lieutenant JG
Engineering - Lieutenant JG
Duty Post: Engineering Officer

Welcome to UFS! I am in thr same boat as you when it comes to what treks I have seen I really enjoy TNG and enterprise. Enjoy deciding what branch you would like to be in! I am brand new to the parent life as of January so feel free to bestow advice onto me!
LTJG Jim Schmidt
Engineering Officer
Engineering | USS Atlas
Selina Otsuka
Operations - Lt Commander
Operations - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Operations Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant

Welcome to United Federation Starfleet Matthew! Have loads of fun!
LT Selina Otsuka
Operations Officer, USS Taylorholic Durant
Chief Photographer, Social Media Coordinator - UFS Communications

UFS FLICKR | UFS FACEBOOK | UFS INSTAGRAM | UFS TWITTER
Ferre Flamand
Sciences - Lieutenant
Sciences - Lieutenant
Duty Post: Vice Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquility

Welcome aboard :)
Vice Chief Science Officer
SS Tranquility
Braxx Juventa
Intelligence - Commander
Intelligence - Commander
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Welcome and have fun! :)
Erikalancetti Resident
Intelligence - Lt Commander
Intelligence - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Director of Heraldry
Ship/Station Posted: SS Tranquillity

Welcome!!
MatthewDelta Resident
Operations - Ensign
Operations - Ensign
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

You all are so welcoming! I appreciate the lovely community I feel here.
MatthewDelta Resident
Operations - Ensign
Operations - Ensign
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

I have a question to whomever might know the answer. I would like to join some of the RP things as an observer or maybe the awards ceremony this weekend, but I don't have a uniform yet. I'm almost finished up the intro to the various branches program (need to take final exam) and I already did the new member class and test. I haven't been assigned to a ship yet as I need to complete MIDSHIP first. Is there any way I can get a basic uniform to be able to attend in person events in SL? I know I still need to finalize my race and character and profile and all that.
Last edited by MatthewDelta Resident on 220921.1009, edited 1 time in total.
3249Rowena
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thor

MatthewDelta Resident wrote:
I have a questions to whomever might know the answer. I would like to join some of the RP things as an observer or maybe the awards ceremony this weekend, but I don't have a uniform yet. I'm almost finished up the intro to the various branches program (need to take final exam) and I already did the new member class and test. I haven't been assigned to a ship yet as I need to complete MIDSHIP first. Is there any way I can get a basic uniform to be able to attend in person events in SL? I know I still need to finalize my race and character and profile and all that.
Hello Matthew,

I'm afraid we do not have a basic non-branch uniform available. When you have made your branch choice, please let me or your mentor know, and we can arrange the necessary group invites for you. You'll then have access to the relevant vendor in the Quartermasters area at HQ and be able to collect your duty uniform along with other essential items. (Your assigned mentor will be able to go through all the bits and bobs you'll need).

Please don't feel that because you do not have a uniform yet, that it means you cannot attend the awards ceremony. That is open to ALL members, and it would be a shame if you felt unable to attend and meet more of the wider UFS community.

Ship assignment does not need to wait until you have finished the Midship. If you have found one that you think will be a good fit for you, then I recommend reaching out to the CO/XO. If you need help with that, again either myself or your mentor will be happy to assist. Same with observing OOC. ,

Hope this helps,

Captain Rowena Luna Vandread-Rose
UFSA Commandant
MatthewDelta Resident
Operations - Ensign
Operations - Ensign
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Thanks Rowena for the great info. I'm trying to find out how to contact the XO or CO for tonight's roleplay on the USS Veracruz. Just want to observe OOC. I see their names but I'm at work so I can't get on SL to try to message them. What's the best way to contact people based on their names in the forum or on events?
Eddie Hagoromo
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Joint Chief of CompOps
Ship/Station Posted: Pinastri Headquarters

MatthewDelta Resident wrote:
Thanks Rowena for the great info. I'm trying to find out how to contact the XO or CO for tonight's roleplay on the USS Veracruz. Just want to observe OOC. I see their names but I'm at work so I can't get on SL to try to message them. What's the best way to contact people based on their names in the forum or on events?
Welcome to UFS!

You can contact them via DM on the forums or via email from the staff directory!

https://lcars.ufstarfleet.org/index.php ... e_Officers
Alpha Company Graduate

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”