Relay Weekend ---- WHOHOO!!!!!

Team updates, news and contest announcements regarding UFS Metamorphosis team and Relay for Life of Second Life.

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Lizzy Gracemount

Lizzy Gracemount
Emissary
Duty Post: Chose to Resign 240129
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 Second Life

We're less than a week out from the day and night we have been working towards for the whole season! RELAY WEEKEND! And I'm so excited! But there are a few things left for you to do, team!

1. Sign up for the honor lap if you haven't already. If you're a survivor or a caregiver, you can walk with us for the first lap of Relay weekend! Follow the link to sign up!

Honor Lap Signup Form!

2. Luminaria hour is an hour of the weekend where we celebrate and honor our friends and family who have passed away from cancer, are going through cancer, or have survived cancer... basically anyone you want to celebrate can have a dedication read to them during this hour! We release luminaries while the committee reads the dedications. Pro Advice for those who are new: Bring Tissues! Literally, bring tissues to the event! You WILL cry...

Lumiaria Dedications!

3. If you want to have a "Why I Relay" display, please be sure to send a one to three-sentence "Why I Relay" to Kermie! You can see samples in the Discord RFL channel in UFS Main server.

4. Themed hours! Here are the themed hours for this year! The basics of themed hours are to create a little fun and keep us awake as we travel the journey of cancer through the day and night. By morning we'll all be paunchy so having a little fun along the way is always a good thing!

Themed Hours:

10 AM ~ Opening Ceremony

11 AM ~ Survivor/Caregiver Lap - CELEBRATE: Cancer Survivors & Caregivers lead the way

NOON - 12:30 ~ Survivor/Caregiver Lap - CELEBRATE

12.30pm - 1 PM ~ Teams Lap - PARADE OF TEAMS

1PM ~ Teams Lap - PARADE OF TEAMS

* 2PM ~ Purple Power hour - wear anything purple, carry anything purple... basically do purple!!!!

*3PM ~ Under the Sea - Mer, sea creatures, fish, etc.

*4PM ~ Unicorns, Fairies, Fantasy+ - unicorns, fae, dragons, knights, fantasy culture

*5PM ~ Over the Rainbow and Into the Clouds - Rainbows & Clouds, LGBTQ+ Pride

*6PM ~ Ride the Wave Dude! - Floaties, beach, surfing culture

*7PM ~ Relay Sock Hop - Poodle skirts, vinyl, diner culture

*8PM ~ Light It Up! - Torches, candles, flames, flashlights, lights, etc.

9PM ~ Luminaria Ceremony - REMEMBER: Everything stops for the Luminaria Ceremony

*10 PM ~ Fly Your Kites Fly a kite that represents your team

*11 PM ~ Relay Snow Storm - winter clothing, Christmas

*MIDNIGHT ~ Space Walk among the Stars - spacesuits, sci-fi

*1 AM ~ Mount Up and Ride - If you can ride it, ride it

*2 AM ~ Your Pets Want Out - Take your pets for a walk

*3 AM ~ Small But Mighty - Dinkies, tinies culture

*4 AM ~ Wild Wild West - Cowfolk, horses, ranch culture

*5 AM ~ Skate Into the Morning - Roller skates, skateboards, rollerblades, hoverboards, etc.

6 AM ~ FIGHT BACK, Show Your ACS Pride! - Team Shirts, ACS Shirts, Relay Shirts (for us, we'll wear uniforms since we don't have t-shirts :D !)

*7 AM ~ PJs, Coffee, Curlers - Pajamas, coffee mugs, robes, etc.

*8 AM ~ Making Strides Pink, Strides awareness

*9 AM ~ Floating to the Finish Line - Balloons

10 AM ~ CLOSING ceremony - CLOSING CEREMONY

11 AM ~ VICTORY LAP ~ Dancing In the Streets - Dance while you walk

4. Finally, some tips from those of us who have done this for years!!!!!

A. Take off all extra huds, titlers, and attachments that are heavily scripted like the Emdash. The weekend is going to be laggy. Lighten up your avatar by eliminating as many scripts as possible. (I usually keep my ao on but take off all other huds)
B. Take breaks through the night... Please take breaks so you don't wear yourself out before the night even arrives. I usually go afk at the campsite for a few hours to take a nap. I'm not as young as I used to be, so I can't stay up the whole day and night without at least a short nap :P
C. Make sure you have snacks and drinks to get through the night. Stop to hydrate if you have been crying during some of the more emotional hours!
D. HAVE FUN! You need to have fun! I know it's a serious topic but we all need some fun while we do this! Relaying is a special time, enjoy it!

If anyone else has any tips for the new team members, be sure to add them to this thread!!! I know I may be forgetting some... Have fun! Be Proud! Go RELAY!!!!!
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Return to “UFS Metamorphosis Team News”