Personal log Turak

Billdwire Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Well our first mission started off smoothly, leaving the space dock at Pinastri and heading out toward a nebula that Fleet had ordered us to inspect. It seems a strange signal was picked up coming from within the nebula. Our ship functioned smoothly as left the docking area and went to warp. We dropped to impulse just outside the nebula and slowly entered. To our surprise we found a small planet near the center of the nebula. Checking our star maps we could find no record of it being charted. It was certain that the signal was coming from the planet but science could find no trace of any life forms . As we drew closer the ship was suddenly stopped it was being held by a beam coming from the planet. Our Captain then ordered the XO to select a team to transport down to find the source of the holding beam. The XO chose me and Cadet Rondel and a security ensign to go down to investigate the source of this holding beam. Upon arrival on the planet we spotted a strange Obelisk which appeared to be the source of the holding beam. In his excitement the XO approached the Obelisk to quickly and was struck down by a red flash and was in critical condition. My self and the rest of the team approached him slowly and were not struck with any beams. Finding our XO in critical condition and not wanting harm to come to the rest of the away team i had the transporter team beam us back on board. Medical arrived and took XO to sick bay and we reported back to the bridge. We gave the Captain all our information on what had occurred on the planet and the Cadet had recorded the strange markings on the Obelisk while my self and security had attended to the XO. Our Captain ordered tactical to target the Obelisk with phasers and fire. This caused the beam to release our ship and helm moved us further away from the planet. Our Captain then worried about the XO 's condition left the bridge and went to sick bay. Our Doctor had taken great care of our XO he was able to return to his quarters but not duty for a few day.
Our captain says we will return to the nebula and investigate the Obelisk later.

Return to “USS Courageous Mess Hall”