Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

UF STARFLEET ACADEMY
SUPERINTENDENT'S LOG
STARDATE 190121
==================

I have been reading the dispatches and logs from the Fleet with some concern, and have decided to add extra security both at Campus and skyward around the satellite Gene and it's planet, Pinastri VIII. Additional patrols have been dispatched. There could be nothing to be worried about, our presence here is not widely known and our technology as well as the nearby presence of the Nekrit Expanse helps shield us from long range scans. But my instincts are alive, and with more than a suspicion of danger. It's a low lying, very real thread of something I can't put my finger on.

All my life I have supposed - and every bit of research I have done confirms it - that I am alone. Yet, on a level unseen, unheard, and barely felt... there is a tiny, malevolent whisper.

I do not think I can sleep.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

UF STARFLEET ACADEMY
SUPERINTENDENT'S LOG
STARDATE 190321
==================

Two months to the day of my last log, has it really been so long? Sometimes I do not know where the time goes. Yet I know it is filled with many things. Fresh-faced cadets, eager staff, meetings galore, administrative duties. I am, in fact, preparing logs and reports on a daily basis. But somehow find little time for the personal logs. It's not that I have nothing to say. But even after all these years in Starfleet I am still reticent when it comes to personal matters.

*sighs and looks out the window*

My last log referred to.. what I could only describe as a malovent presence. One I seemed to know, yet not know. I sensed danger. Not just to the Fleet - which, of course, occurred. But to myself. In a very real way.

If I had not been here at Academy, safeguarding the cadets and staff, if I had not taken this job, I might have been on the bridge of the USS Taylorholic Durant. I might have looked towards a mirror ship just like my own. And known that another creature like me existed there, and was looking towards me, not with curiosity, but with malice.

I never had to face her. All the logs and reports say the mirror fleet, the ISS Durant among them, retreated to their side of the universe, defeated.

Yet I sensed, even this far away from the nebula where the battle took place, that she who is like me but not of me, still lived.

I try not to be haunted by that thought. Because I know what she is. And what she is capable of. Unless cut short, her life will span many years more than most she knows.

That means, in the future, we may well meet again. I do not think I will come out the victor from that encounter.

Not because I am not strong.

Not because I cannot fight.

But because my care and thought for others has been so finely nurtured here in Starfleet. Here I do battle with words and reasonings. I cannot scratch and claw and bite like I once did. Nor, to be honest, do I want to.

The time away from my ship, although valuable to the Fleet and the Academy... does it weaken my ability to command? To face the unknown and not flinch at the choices in front of me? I hope not.

Eight years in command. I am grateful for the home I have found here in Starfleet. I honestly don't know where I'd be without it. I have grown. But sometimes I still feel like that green cadet, in awe of the officers and Admirals. Open mouthed at the size and granduer of the ships I toured. Hoping that I would pass my tests and be assigned to serve aboard one of them.

Yes, it's an honour to be part of this.

And - mirror me or not, I wouldn't change my path.

=^=
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral

UF STARFLEET ACADEMY
ADVISOR'S LOG
STARDATE 191006
==================

It's done. It's odd. But it's done. I attended an Academy meeting today... I struggled to remember I am not in charge anymore. I sat back and listened to the excellent ideas coming from Academy staff. I was pleased and proud to hear their enthusiasm and creativity. Dedicated souls who give a great deal of time and effort that sometimes is perhaps not 'on the radar', as the humans might say.

I helped set up my office in the new facility... finally finished after a year of temporary digs... which was all caused by some sort of odd attack on Pinastri and the Peedy Thor just as she was becoming operational. We moved the Academy to the moon, Gene, hopefully out of harm's way, quickly setting up a ground facility, which served its purpose. But now we have a full campus ready and waiting for our cadets and program participants.

Now I sit in my office, reading over the logs of the USS Taylorholic Durant, currently in orbit of Sephori, where the crew is supposed to be having some much needed shore leave after an apparent incident involving a temporal rift. James is doing a decent job. But. It's time for me to return to my ship. There are some reports from Starfleet Intelligence that have us all concerned. If we are to face a possible threat in this area of space... then I can think of no place I'd rather be than on the bridge of the Durant.

Oh, I'll still continue with my advisory role - as long as they tolerate my input *smiles wryly* but new blood really needs to come up the chain and spread their energy and excitement to the Fleet. My job, as I saw it, was to train staff and prepare my vice to take over my position. I gave myself one year. Then stepped back as planned. And I happen to think Rich will do an outstanding job of managing the Academy, too.

Now to inform Mr Hode of the upcoming changes. He'd mentioned, casually, the possibility of retiring when his deployment was over. I wonder if that's really what he wants to do? Speaking for myself... like James Kirk of old... although I'm fully capable of being a 'desk jockey', I hunger to be back on my ship. Exploring strange new worlds. Seeking out new civilizations. Dressing down the security chief for having scuffed shoes.

Toocool out.

Return to “Simulation Logs and Roleplays”