SS Peedy Thor - Lizzy Gracemount - Personal Log

Moderators: 3249Rowena, Draco Dimanovic

Lizzy Gracemount
Emissary
Duty Post: Chose to Resign 240129
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: 001 Second Life

*lays on a lounger wearing a bikini soaking up the sun on a patio in their quarters on Quantica III, sunglasses perched on her nose, as she wrote a letter to her mother back home about the events that has happened recently and got her with a forced shore leave. Adjusting her sun hat as she began writing.*

Dear mom,

I hope this letter finds you and Dad okay and happy. It's been a long few months. Well, that's kind of an understatement. I can't tell you everything, but I can tell you that we're okay. Kermie is home and I'm writing this to you at our Shore Leave rest. I've cleared my psych evaluation, but am required to take a few weeks shore leave.

The doctors say that he'll recover but it's a long road. As for me, I'm fine, just diagnosed with anxiety, so rest and relaxation before returning to work. They won't let me have grenades though... I'm sure Dad will be disappointed in that...he does like his grenades. I wonder if that's where I got it from... this fondness for shooting things with Phasers. He did teach me well. Thank you, Dad... laughs softly at her joke

In all seriousness, while I can't tell you where we are at the moment, I can let you know that we are fine.

*pauses, voice cracking with unsaid emotion, her anxiety clear as the PADD shakes remembering the things said on that shuttle and the horror he went through*

Love you, mom. I'll write more later.

*presses the button to end the recording and lays the padd down next to her, rolling over and burying her head in her arms, her eyes closed, as the sun beats down on her body, warming her and bringing comfort*
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

"Set course for Relay, Warp Factor 9!" ~ Kermie

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Lizzy Gracemount
Emissary
Ship/Station Posted:

Stardate 200225

We're just ending our first week here. It's been amazingly relaxing so far. Kermie has been in combat a lot over the last week, which I think has done wonders for him so he can get out his anger and aggression. I have to admit that watching him in combat has done me wonders as well. Watching him battle has helped me see that I am okay again and that he is safe. I finally feel as if that anger and anxiety are leaving me and I'm beginning to become myself again. Shopping has really helped.

I found myself in this store that sells shoes with charms on the straps called Shoes and Hoes. I can imagine that Kermie's eyebrows will raise at that one. Just wait until he sees the bills from Silks & Socks, Lingerie & Ladles, Garments & Ghouls, Ties & Targs. I got some nice silks from Silks & Socks… who needs socks, but those silks are slinky and transparent. He'll think I got lingerie from Lingerie & Ladles but I found a pretty cool ladle with a frog embellishment on the handle. It's bronze so it should last a long time….unless I loan it to Te'ellis on the Maxwell. Then we may never see it again. It's a really nice ladle. He has new clothes waiting for him from a few other stores, he just hasn't seen them yet. I put them in his drawer all ready for him when he needs them. Maybe he'll notice they're new, maybe he won't… but that bill is certainly going to raise his eyebrows. *chuckles as she straightens the hem on her new dress*

Tomorrow's agenda is: lay naked by the pool for a while and then go watch him compete again and more shopping.

Yep, definitely returning to normal. Shopping, teasing Kermie, shopping, and more…

End Log

*laughs and walks out the door in her new slinky dress and stilettos with frog charms on the straps, heading to dinner with Kermie*
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” —Bob Marley

“A man either lives life as it happens to him, meets it head-on and licks it, or he turns his back on it and starts to wither away.” –Dr. Boyce, “The Menagerie,” (“The Cage”)

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” – Mr. Spock, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
Lizzy Gracemount
Emissary
Ship/Station Posted:

Stardate 200301

Diary,

It feels weird to be writing in a paper journal, but the therapists at Quantica III suggested I start a journal. They suggested a paper journal for reasons I don't quite understand, the biggest reason they mentioned was the feel of the paper under my fingers and the pen in my hand would help me connect with my thoughts…or some such nonsense, but I'm giving it a try so here goes.

It has been a good couple of weeks away from all the stresses that we have faced in the last several months. Kermie seems to be back to his normal self, more relaxed, much to my benefit. Now he is standing up and saying it's enough. He's a Joint Chief and has earned his place. Which, to be honest, Diary, really makes me…The back of this shuttle is full of new things I found while out shopping.

While Kermie was away in seclusion, the doctors had updated me on his condition, but when they noticed I was still agitated about what happened to him, they sent me off with a guide to the Quantica III Butterfly Sanctuary. It was beautiful, but what really took my breath away was the caverns Hu'Ka showed me. There was a rainbow of colors in a cavern full of flowers and butterflies. I want to go back sometime in the future and explore more. Maybe Kermie will join me.

The last night on the planet we had dinner with some of Kermie's old friends. It was nice to meet some of his old friends while we were there. It was nice to feel like myself again and not a bundle of boiling anger anymore. I think all the shopping and watching him compete really helped too. Though it has been relaxing, I am looking forward to returning home and being in our own bed again.

Return to “USS Thor Mess Hall”