:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket to UFStarfleet Support! (Must be logged into the forums to use this)
or through the UFS Discord Support System (More info by clicking here!)

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

SS Peedy Thor/UFS Academy RP - 200102 Ice Planet Crash

SS Peedy Thor, NCC 122355, is a Watchtower Class Station. We are in orbit above Pinastri Prime, and we officially opened our doors for operation on 180301. The station is named after one of our more prominent members, the late Admiral Peedy Thor. We strive to continue his vision and drive to make the station a crowning jewel of UFS. Admiral Peedy Thor, Gone but Never Forgotten.

Roleplay Times: Thursdays 1:30pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Draco Dimanovic
Executive Officer: 3249Rowena Resident

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic

3249Rowena
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Operations
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: Second Life

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=
USS Goddard is on a routine patrol when a distress signal is received. The signal is traced to a shuttlecraft which has crash landed on a planet with extreme cold temperatures. An away team is sent down to find survivors and establish the cause of the crash.

=/\= STATUS REPORT & CURRENT ORDERS =/\=
Alert Status: Yellow
Damage: none
Ships assisting: none.

MISSION PARTICPANTS

CO - Cmdr Rowena Luna Vandread-Rose (3249Rowena resident)
Engineering - Lt Cmdr Martian McDunner (Martian Dunner) (Guest from USS Sheppard)
Security - Major Kiara Noel (Kiara1 Noel)
Medical - Cadet Raina Selone (Ookamisuke Babenco)
3249Rowena
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Operations
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: Second Life

Captains Log - Stardate 200102

USS Goddard diverted from it's planned course to answer a distress signal. It came from a shuttle going down over one of the most inhospitable planets I've ever seen. A planet with extremely cold temperatures, essentially a giant ball of ice and snow in space.

An away team was assembled comprising myself, LtCmdr McDunner, Cadet Selone & Major Noel. Given the intense conditions, the team had to don EVA suits. Even with them on, the cold cut right through the moment I stepped out of the transporter beam onto that mist desolate of worlds.

The shuttle had gone down in a mountainous region which provided no shelter from the wind and snow. We could see immediately the remains of the shuttle, already half buried in the snow. LtCmdr McDunner saw to doing what he could to access the vessels onboard systems whilst the rest of us looked for survivors. All we found was a frozen body, between the shuttle and an entrance to what looked like a cave.

Cadet Selone did an examination of the body, and there was faint signs of life. The unfortunate soul was beamed direct to sickbay, but the chances were slim at best. The Major and LtCmdr had entered the cave, there was a system of tunnels, and more bodies. Cadet Selone and myself joined them in the caves where the Cadet examined the bodies. They were all in the same near-dead state as the one on the surface. They were tagged and beamed to the ship. A sweep revealed no more so we returned to the surface where a strange sight greeted us. The snow which had been heavy and persistent suddenly stopped falling and the sky cleared somewhat. The cold seemed to become more intense and I swear I could see ice forming on my helmets visor. Given we had what we could get from the shuttle and there was no sign of any other more of its crew, we returned to the Goddard.

After shrugging off our ice encrusted suits, Cadet Selone reported to the sickbay to check on the status of the shuttle crew. It was as we feared though, all but one hadn't made it, and it was doubtful even that single survivor would last long. A proper salvage team will take care of the crashed shuttle, we placed warning beacons around the planet and set course back to Pinastri Prime. I hope we can get our soul survivor back in time, and find out what they were doing all the way out there in the first place.

Return to “SS Peedy Thor”