:toscomm: :federation: Hot News! :federation: :toscomm:

Have an issue? Submit a ticket via Help Desk or #Support-Attrium in the UFS Discord Server.

If you are unable to login to your Forum account for whatever reason, you can either A) Contact your Commanding Officer to have your issue submitted on your behalf to UFStarfleet Support website or B) Contact CompOps using the UFS Discord Support System.

Did you know UFS has a Discord server - join your fellow fleetmates there today - Link at the top of this page.

SS Peedy Thor PTRP010 " Deteriorating Circumstances" 180512

SS Peedy Thor, NCC 122355, is a Watchtower Class Station. We are in orbit above Pinastri Prime, and we officially opened our doors for operation on 180301. The station is named after one of our more prominent members, the late Admiral Peedy Thor. We strive to continue his vision and drive to make the station a crowning jewel of UFS. Admiral Peedy Thor, Gone but Never Forgotten.

Roleplay Times: Thursdays 1:30pm SLT
Commanding Officer: Draco Dimanovic
Executive Officer: 3249Rowena Resident

Moderators: Kermie Mistwallow, Draco Dimanovic

Stormchyld
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= INCOMING STARFLEET TRANSMISSION =/\=
Mission Name: Deteriorating Circumstances
SS Peedy Thor Mission PTRP010
Stardate: 180512
Mission Time: 1pm slt
Prepared by: Comm Ravyn Stormchyld/ Lt Cmdr Rich Lombardia/Fcaptain Mistwallow
1. Mission Briefing
2. Status Report & Current Orders
3. Important Participation Notes
4. Supplemental Information
5. Uniform of the Day

=/\= MISSION BRIEFING =/\=

The Science team brought back the plant samples from the surface of Pinastri IV (Pinastri Prime). There seems to be some unusual characteristics that they want to examine more closely. The hydroponics bay has been redesigned a bit to incorporate some more quarantine functionality into it as well as a lab area for them to work.

During routine scans, Science has reported that once exposed to certain radiation, the plants began to give off a greenish mist. Trying to understand what it was the Science team soon learned, the hard way, what it really was. A table in the Botany lab and the wall behind it started to corrode and break apart. The Science team has also informed us that the greenish mist seems to be eating components in our station and spreading spores, simultaneously.

Large numbers of the crew have become ill with flu like symptoms, leaving only the XO and myself on the bridge. We erected a level 10 quarantine field around the ops deck and ran bio-scrub protocols to sterilize any airborne or contact substances. Medical has their hands full at the moment with no idea what is causing this. The patients are exhibiting flu like symptoms but with no apparent infection or virus to cause it.

Can we stop the spread of this apparent virus and the corrosion to the ships components?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
=/\= STATUS REPORT & CURRENT ORDERS =/\=
Location of RP: SS Peedy Thor
Meeting Brief Location: Operations Deck
Alert Status: Yellow
Damage: Several bulkheads, parts of Science, and various other hull fractures have occurred.

STARTING OBJECTIVES ( * = indicates leading assignments)

Operations: Make sure our systems stay up and running. No telling were these things might get.

Engineering: Ascertain the damage to the station and begin damage control to effected areas.

Science: Try to figure out how these plants are doing this and how to stop them.

Medical: Medical is overrun with patient effected by what looks like severe flu like symptoms.

Security: Maintain security on the Engineering teams and secure damaged areas. Routinely check in on our guest in the brig.

Marines: Prepare to do some weeding. As soon as Science figures out how to stop them, we may need your expertise.

Cadets: Assist where directed

Ships Assisting: None

Remember: Q does not serve on the ship. Be creative with your solutions to issues. Its not about 1 person, we are a crew and as a crew we need to overcome our obstacles, together.

=/\= IMPORTANT PARTICIPATION NOTES =/\=
1) Joining in late? Not sure what to do? Talk with others in your branch/division/department to be briefed. If they are unavailable, contact Rich Lombardia or Ravyn Stormchyld to get an update and request assignment.
2) Have a major twist you'd like to implement? IM the Mission Creator (who wrote the briefing)
3) SCS combat system is required.

=/\= SUPPLIMENTAL INFORMATION =/\=

Duty Report LtCmdr T'Prain

On reporting for duty 180428.13, I reviewed standing orders for the station and for science, along with additional reports that were copied to the department. In the data from engineering I saw a message detailing a troubling concern. A weakness in the structure of the station itself has been detected. This is located in several bulkheads. A diagram with sensor readouts was attached. Although I had wanted to spend more time in the botany lab, examining the plant specimens from the surface of Pinastri Prime, I felt this report required urgent action. My main focus was first any bulkhead that had contact with the outside. Weakening of this area could affect station atmosphere and temperature, and potentially be life-threatening if environmental provision was compromised. The report stated this weakness had been detected on specific decks: Security, Medical/Science, and the main Welcome Deck. The danger of this cannot be understated. While Science examines the possible reasons for this metallurgic development, I strongly recommend those areas which contain parts of any bulkhead that interconnects with space be placed off limits. Force fields should be placed around those spots until the cause of this can be determined and proper repairs made. Starfleet Personnel, Civilians and Guests should be warned not to enter these areas without permission.

In Service,
LTCmdr T'Prain
Science Officer
SS Peedy Thor
Confused about the mission? In this section, you'll find background supplemental information about our mission, the area of space we're in, supporting ships, and so on that you can use to help build atmosphere and add detail when participating or to your logging, if you like!
We have had some extreme conditions lately on the station, see above for full details.

=/\= Uniform of the Day =/\=

Uniform of the day will be Duty Uniform

=/\= REPORT TERMINATES… =/\=
Stormchyld
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Major Kiara Delgotti
Had to send Commodore Mistwallow and Brig. Shran to sickbay as They were getting sicker by the min. Once there, helped the medical team by standing watch and being backup if things got out of control. Medical team ROCKS!!

Lt T'Prain

"The biological specimen we harvested from Pinastri Prime for study some time ago proved to be more than a beautiful flower. It could, in fact, be deadly, as evidence aboard the station demonstrates.

Commander T'Sar advised the substance could potentially be affected by a reversal of hull polarity; a sustained rhythm at a particular resonation would be required to halt the spread of the substance at a subatomic level. The extra power was supplied in order that this remedy could be put in place. The spread of the substance was halted.

I discovered the alien contagion was mutating as it consumed the station. The virus was a form of molecular panspermia that had been altered at the subatomic level by an ingenious modification that created a gene that would mutate upon cell regeneration. The rate of mutation made it almost impossible to counteract. I recommended to medical that we use our transporter records and medical records, and transport all patients through a modified biofilter that would remove any virus from their systems by simply returning their DNA to its state before this contagion occurred. This treatment was applied and was successful.

I must commend the science and medical departments for their diligence during this event.

Further research into the age of the virus must take place. It might be something left from a time in the history of which we know little. Only by determining its evolutionary history will we be able to fix a time index for the first mutation and thereby determine whether this threat is old or new. "

Lt Cmdr Buttons

"Duty Log 180505

I was on duty as usual when I suddenly was overcome by my sniffle symptoms and had to report to sickbay.

I had been having a little congestion the last few days but decided to hope it would pass rather than have to have Yaria give me a check-up. No such luck... I ended up creating a biohazard all over poor Ensign Gommer’s head and console and collapsing right there on the deck.

I don’t really remember much else that happened except some vestigial fever dreams where I was getting a very painfully burning tattoo all over the inside of my body the old fashioned way... With Needles!

The staff in the biobed bay I woke up in was nice... Seemed a little frazzled though, and Yaria was off busy elsewhere. Not like her to miss an opportunity to check in on her longest standing patient, so I hope my mucosal explosion on the Ops deck didn’t start an epidemic or something.
"
Stormchyld
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Attendance:

Commodore Ravyn Stormchyld
Commander Rich Lombardia
Commodore Kermie Mistwallow
Lt Cmdr Bit0honey
Lt T'Prain
Lt Cmdr Yaria Carmona
Ensign Emerald Parkin