USS Thor RP 210429 - A Friendly Chat in the Brig

Originally Named for Admiral Peedy Thor. The Sovereign Class ship is assigned to protect and serve United Federation Starfleet. With a dual assignment of both exploration and defence, The ship is available to serve a multitude of needs for the Federation.

USS Thor and it’s crew are on a ‘protect and serve’ mission in the deepest parts of the Delta Quadrant, championing the Federation’s philosophy and ideals under the motto ‘For Those That Came Before’

Roleplay Times: Thursdays at 1330 Pacific Time, Alternate Tuesdays at 1100 Pacific Time
Commanding Officer: Draco Dimanovic
Executive Officer: 3249Rowena Resident

Moderators: 3249Rowena, Draco Dimanovic

3249Rowena
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: Operations
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: Second Life

=^= Mission Summary=^=

McGan and Kaya recover from their hangovers in the brig, under the tender care of LtCmdr Williams and Ensign Maxima. Williams questions the pair hard about their cargo, destination and contacts whilst Maxima cross references the information. Eventually Kaya breaks. She reveals they were indeed bound for the beacon. That they dock the ship and then leave it. Whilst they are gone, the illicit cargo is removed from their ship. She doesn’t know any more than that.

Whilst the freighter crew is interviewed, down in the cargo hold Ensigns Heath and Foxtrott examine some of the crates recovered from the ship. When they manage to unlock them, they uncover a variety of objects. Containers of narcotics, strange headsets and fusion grenades. The grenades are Starfleet issue and cross checking the serial numbers reveals they are from ships that have recently come out of active service.

=^=Mission Participants=^=

XO – Captain Rowena Luna Vandread-Rose (3249Rowena) also Kaya
Security Officer – LtCmdr James Williams (Adomsisko Resident)
Marine OiC – Mcapt Lucy-Anne Cyprian (LucyAnne Firecaster) also Captain McGan
Security Officer – Ensign Harry Heath
Science Officer – Ensign Sarah Foxtrott

Guests
Intelligence Officer – Ensign Asteria Maxima
Adomsisko Resident
Security - Lt Commander
Security - Lt Commander
Duty Post: Unasssigned
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

Security Report
LTC Williams, James
Head of Security
USS Thor

As I had Ensign Heath help with inspecting the confiscated cargo, Ensign Maxima and I interviewed the two women. We were getting nowhere fast. The captain seemed to believe that she was too important to answer any of Maxima's questions. So we just kept pushing.

Finally, I laid it out for them. Their options. The consequences. Everything. The junior officer broke. Just what we were waiting for.

But....

I don't have to be a counselor to know when someone is fighting a traumatic experience. Liberating her from the Borg...isolated her. Alienated her from the rest of her people....I feel I gotta make this right somehow. I know the Cooperative keeps in contact with the Federation from time to time. Maybe...Maybe they can help. I'll send out a communique to their last known location. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Anywho, our next obvious step would be to go to Charon's Beacon to see what we can see. But we'll have to do that undercover. If a team of Starfleet personnel showed up, they'd either clam up, tighten ranks, take us prisoner, or just kill us outright. So, we can't show up in uniform. I'll talk to the tailor and see about making some intimidating looking civilian clothes. Perfect opportunity to break out my mekleths. They're big, even by Klingon standards, but they were custom made for me, so there's that.

We've gotta find out who their supplier is and where they're going. If we can shut down both sides, this sector will be a whole lot safer.

END LOG
Harryheath Resident
Security - Ensign
Security - Ensign
Duty Post: Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Thor
Grid: Second Life

=^= Security Officer's Duty Log =^=

Stardate: 210429.1600
Assignment: USS Thor NCC-122355

--------------

Having our now legally detainees right where we wanted them, gave me a spring in my step as I made my way to the Conference Room. There I was greeted with an unusual visit. Along with Fleet Captain Dimanovic and Captain Vandread-Rose, sat Vice Admiral Mistwallow - Joint Chief of Operations. I was curious as to why he was here, but it was always an honour to be greeted by a Flag Officer... especially a Joint Chief. He explained that his vessel was passing through, and he was just checking in to see how the efforts of our ship went.

Once the others - Lt. Commander Williams, MCaptain Cyprian, Ensign Foxtrott and Maxima - had arrived we all took our seats ready for the mission briefing. The Captain considered all options from the crew and the XO gave an update on our current status. I reported that our prisoners, Captain McGan and Kaya from the SS Tears of the Sun, were probably nursing a couple of headaches, after the hard alcohol they had the night before. Even though this was bad for them, it was great for us; we had successfully got their written permission to carry out a search and seizure of illegal goods from their vessel. MCaptain Cyprian praised my efforts acting as the dizzy Ensign and said that if a career in Starfleet didn't work out, I could always take up acting - or waiting on tables, added the XO to the room's amusement.

We had taken nearly 3 dozen cargo crates into our possession in the seizure and these had been delivered to the cargo bay. The XO instructed that both Ensign Foxtrott and I carry out a detailed analysis of the narcotics and weaponry found in the crates. Meanwhile, the Chief, Lt. Cmdr. Williams, would carry out a thorough interrogation of the prisoners to gather additional information that will be vital to knowing where they came from, where they were headed and who the shipment was for. Ensign Maxima would be accompanying the Chief and providing intel support from the console in the Brig.

Tricorders in hand, Ensign Foxtrott and I headed for the Cargo bay. Once we arrived we noticed numerous cargo crates - it was like Christmas... except the boxes contained all manner of horrors, rather than exciting new presents. There we hit our first problem whilst trying to get into the boxes. They were sealed by a security lockout combination. My thoughts were to try to overcome the seal with the use of a Starfleet Intelligence decryption algorithm, now available as standard in my tactical tricorder. However, this would take some time but with the help of Ensign Foxtrott, the process would be quicker. I shared the algorithm and we both got to work to decrypt the cargo seal. The good news was that once we had cracked one box, the others should also unlock using the same key.

Whilst we waited for the algorithm to do its thing, I got a chance to speak and get to know Ensign Foxtrott. We spoke about all matter of things, including why we joined Starfleet. It was some good conversation as we worked away, and I enjoyed getting to know her on a more personal level.

Although it had taken us longer than I had hoped, we were able to override the lock together. Once open, the boxes were filled to the brim with a variety of different gear and cases. We divided up the work; I analysed the weaponry, whilst Ensign Foxtrott would analyse the narcotics.

I emptied out all the crate's weaponry or strange equipment to examine it further. Casting my tricorder over the first I found Starfleet standard-issue grenades as well as the illegal Remat detonators. I pondered how they could have got their hands on Starfleet weaponry. This was a concern. Other items included a set of strange headsets, I was unsure what they were by a visual... perhaps tactical gear of some sort.

Ensign Foxtrott was doing well identifying and cataloguing the narcotics, some of which included Trellium-D, that she accidentally dropped on the floor. She reassured me that unless we were Vulcan, we wouldn't have to worry about it. I was thankful for that.

Captain Vandread-Rose hailed us from the Bridge for a status report. I informed the XO of our findings. Our orders were to log all of our findings and secure it to ensure it was safe. I was to arrange the headsets to be transferred to the lab for further analysis and trace the serial numbers of the grenades to find out where they have come from. Further investigation of the grenades indicated that these grenades should have been returned to supply from decommissioned ships, such as the USS Sheppard. The Tricorder indicated that these had not been reported missing; this was disconcerting, perhaps the stores were broken into, or it was an inside job. I made my log entries clear on this and flagged this to the XO and Captain in my report.

Ensign Maxima contacted us to look for anything Bio-Mimetic. I was unsure what this was, but I relayed the information to Ensign Foxtrott. Maxima said that she would be down shortly to help us check for it. I transferred the codes to the cargo crates so that she would have access.

Once we had finished securing everything back into their boxes, Foxtrott and I made our way back to the Bridge to compile our reports. I made specific highlights in my report regarding the grenades. This was potentially a Security Breach issue within our own supply. I look forward to hearing what information the Chief managed to draw out of our prisoners.

=^= End Log =^=

Security Footage from the Brig - during the interrogation

Ens. Harry Heath
Security Officer
USS Thor NCC-122355

Chief of Staff to the Chief of UF Starfleet Communications

Service Jacket

Return to “USS Thor”