structural inspections and work on the bases geothermal power Units.

Moderator: Kermie Mistwallow

Limrie Resident
Tribble
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Personnel Log M/Captain Stampede Jones.

Marines were mobilised to do some emergency Repairs and inspections on structural beams and work on the bases geothermal power Units. Due to the severe cold weather Safety alarms had started. the call went out to all marines from Col. Kyle Asbrink to make this job a priority, the call was as always answered by the Marines available, Myself and Marine Captain Snow Jones and Lt Col Kiara.1 noel, Col Asbrink headed up the dive team lead, being our comms and support. we assembled in the marine Briefing room to receive our orders Lt Col Kiara1.Noel was tasked with communication to and from Col Asbrink and Medical, Marine Captain Snow Jones was our explosive expert and Engineer, I was put to work as the structural Engineer on this task.
once briefed we changed into our diving suits after applying a salve to ward off the sub zero water temperature and we equipped ourselves with the necessary tool belts, and i took the welding back pack just in case it was required, we made our way to Pinastri HQ Operations centre where we took the turbolift to the lowest level and made our way threw the dive corridor to enter the water.
We immediately saw the heavy dark smoke coming from a vertical structural Beam, we made our way towards it and started our assessment of it. after relaying the info back I suggested a Argon weld to the tears in the Structure. Snow started one side and I started the other side the Lt Col kept a check on our vitals. She also checked around for any tear we had missed. We eventually completed the repairs and I finished of with a stress test. Coming from Comms the Lt Col informed us that too the west safety alarms had gone off but could not be confirmed, we made our way west and found that there had been a breach in the sea floor and intense heat had ignited a massive flame, after deliberations we decided to cap it with a controlled explosion which we did successfully. after closer inspection we found a main structural flaw that had to be repaired to repair this we needed a TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welder to repair it. this was beamed down to us and we made the repairs needed.
On return to HQ we were ordered to go to medical which we all did just to make sure we were okay.
Team Lead: Col. Asbrink
Dive Team : Lt Col Kiara1.noel, Marine Captain Snow Jones, Marine Captain Stampede Jones A squad Support (NPC's)

In Service
Marine Captain Stampede Jones
Det. Cmd. 21st Marine Detachment Combat Engineer.

Return to “SS Tranquility Crew Logs”