Personnel Announcement - Transfer of Command Ceremony

The Office of Personnel serves as a vital aspect in the administration side of United Federation Starfleet organisation. It is a division under the Office of the UFS Chief of Staff and is responsible for maintaining a concise, complete and up to date biographical database of the UFS Member base as well as all Personnel-related matters. The work of Personnel is essential in keeping accurate records of activity, which UFS Command can use to determine levels of activity within the group, in both real life and the metaverses. Personnel currently work primarily on the UFS Database system which is due to serve as a integral part of his organisations management.

Moderators: Luciano Skar-Machado, Victoria Moonshadow

Herbert Glenfadden
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

As you may know, I plan to resign my role as Personnel Director at the end of this year. I have transmitted my resignation letter to my Commanding Officer, Commodore Cheryl Skinstad, Chief of Staff, UF Starfleet Command. She has accepted it.

Of course, I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't have a good replacement lined up. Lieutenant Commander Brittany Buttons (Bit0Honey Resident) will be stepping into the Director role with my departure. Lt. Cmdr. Buttons currently serves as Deputy Director of the Personnel department.

Please join us for a 'Transfer of Command' ceremony on Sunday, December 31st @ 1 PM SLT. The ceremony will be held at the Ceremony Hall on Pinastri.

Date: Sunday, December 31st
Time: 1 PM SLT
Place: Ceremony Hall, Pinastri Colony (Second Life)
Dress: Mess Dress
Kressler Constantine
UFSMC - Major General
UFSMC - Major General
Duty Post: UFS Inspector General
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

Thank you for all your hard work, Herbert!

We do not want you to be a stranger, we will leaving a docking bay open for you always.
Major General Kressler Constantine
Retired

Service Jacket: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... onstantine
Greenlantern Excelsior
Command - Captain
Command - Captain
Duty Post: USS Taylorholic Durant
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

Outstanding! Thanks for your service, Herbert, and congratulations to Bit.
Captain Hal Jordan (GreenLantern Excelsior)

Service Jacket

Executive Officer, USS Durant
UFS Blog Coordinator
UFS DJ
Luciano Skar-Machado
Command - Commodore
Command - Commodore
Duty Post: UFS Chief of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: Starbase 755, SS Nimbus
Grid: Real Life, Alpha Quadrant

Thank you for your hard work, Herb! :D

And congrats Bit :)
In Service,
Commodore Luciano Skar-Machado
UFS Chief of Staff
Commanding Officer - Starbase 755, SS Nimbus
chief.staff@ufstarfleet.org
Starbase 755 Discord Server
Access Service Jacket
Evelyn Rieko
Command - Fleet Captain
Command - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Commanding Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Taylorholic Durant
Grid: Second Life Grid

Herbert,
You will be missed as Personnel Director. You were a very good one! Thank you for all you did, and thank you for choosing a good replacement.
Congratulations Brittany!
Kressler Constantine
UFSMC - Major General
UFSMC - Major General

Indeed..and a congratulation to Bit as well.

Herbert, we will have that Ferengi stripper ready for you at the party....hope you like ears.
Retired

Stormchyld
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Thanks for your tireless service Herbert and congratulations Bit.
Nora Gerhadsen
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Chief, UF Starfleet Operations
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: Second Life

Congratulations and the thanks of the Fleet to you. You have served us well for years now, and are leaving big shoes to fill. However, I believe that Bit can do the job, and congratulations to her! Or condolences! It is a substantial job, and you have done it well for a long time.

To both of you, Herbert and Bit, good luck, and for very different reasons! May your voyages with UFS continue for many years to come.
Bit0Honey Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Diplomatic Liaison/Ops Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor

Captain Glenfadden,
It has been my honor and pleasure to serve with you. The office won't be the same place without you and you will be missed! I am touched by the faith you and Chief of Staff Skinstad have placed in me and I will humbly endeavor to do you both proud!

Thank you everyone for your congratulations and support, I will work hard to do the rest of you proud as well ;)
Lt. Commander Brittany Buttons (bit0honey)
Diplomatic Liaison/Chief Operations Officer, SS Peedy Thor
Vice Chief UFS Communications
Director, UF Starfleet Personnel
UFSA Chief of Staff to the Superintendent
OOD Vice Director
Think Tank Moderator
UFS Build Team
CGSD - Secundus Student
JOOP Graduate

Service Jacket: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... y_Resident
DB Profile: http://www.database.ufstarfleet.org/com ... user/1886/
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

Thank you Herbert for all you have done! And congrats Brittany!!
Vice Admiral Poison Toocool | Command
-Joint Chief, UF Starfleet Communications
-CO, Denkiri Centre for Creativity
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

UFS Service Jacket
Femafirefrick
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Duty Post: UFS Headquarters
Ship/Station Posted: Engineer

Thank you for your Service Herbert ,,, from what I'm told it was exemplary !! And Congratulations to Lt. Commander Brittany, I'm sure the job you'll do will be just as outstanding!
Position: Chief Engineer :tools-hammerdrill:
Assignment: Pinastri Colony HQ :communicator:
Department: Engineering :sci-fi-marvinmartian:

"What we do in Life,,, Echo's in Eternity"---- Maximus Desmus Meridius ! :flags-usa:

Service Jacket:
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... k_Resident

Species Page
http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.php?title=Pixieum
Herbert Glenfadden
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Thank you all for the kind words! Below, please find the transcript of my speech from the ceremony;

----

Hello, and thank you for attending today’s change-of-command ceremony for the Department of Personnel, it means a great deal to me. Thank you as well to VADM Blithe Binder and Captain Spiritweaver for their kind words. Today will be my last day in office as Director of Personnel, a post I’ve held since 160701 after having been appointed by my predecessor, Fleet Captain Nabuleone Rhode. It’s also FCapt Rhode who brought me on-board as a Personnel Officer, way back on 140112.

During my time as Personnel Officer, I worked on Service Jackets, where I was tasked with the never-ending task of keeping them organized and up-to-date. FCapt Rhode allowed me a great deal of freedom in this role, and even allowed me to lead the project to remove class information from Service Jackets and place it in the Database.

Fortunately, my tenure as Director has been less eventful. Sure, we’ve seen a lot – from new ships being commissioned, and other ships being decommissioned, to month after month of promotions, awards, transfers, graduations, and inactivations. In fact, this morning I was just putting together our 2017 stats;

-Service Jacket Updates: 92
-Service Jacket Creations: 12
-Branch Transfers: 14
-Academy Graduations: 60
-Sector Transfers: 1
-Database Updates: 14
-Ship Transfers: 93
-Awards: 311
-Promotions: 56

As you can see, the Personnel team has accomplished a lot this year. Each of us has our own weaknesses, but also strengths. Lucius, for example.. I’ve never seen anyone get Promotions and Awards put up so fast! With Jak, he knows wiki coding inside and out. It’s hard to find a mistake from him. With LeighAnn, her determination to stick with things until they’re done helps us tie it all together. What’s perhaps even more amazing is that all of them survived my Service Jacket training! I think Lucius stuck with me for about 4 hours of wiki coding talk before asking for a break! Thankfully, Bit has gotten a good set of documentation together on all of our processes, so that our intern Capt. Scariano could be spared from an in-person training. Together, all of our strengths combine to form a strong and effective team for the fleet.

Ultimately, that’s one of the core principles of Starfleet – IDIC, or Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. It’s the idea that we all have something to contribute, and that together each person’s strengths can help to make up for any weaknesses.

Anyway, to the real reason we’re all assembled here today. I’m here to transfer command of the Department to Lieutenant Commander Bit0Honey Resident. Bit has served the department well since the beginning, always being eager to do more since day 1. From starting processing only Database-side transactions, to cross-training in Service Jackets, to becoming Deputy, activating new members, and even interfacing with other departments and Command, Bit has already done just about every task this job requires. To be honest, she’s a little difficult to keep up with sometimes! Being that I no longer have as much energy or free time to devote to the department as Bit has, now is the time to let her take the top spot.

Honor Guard: "Attention to orders!"

Herbert: /me clears his throat and picks up a PADD, reading off the official order -

Herbert: "To: Captain Herbert Glenfadden, Director, UF Starfleet Department of Personnel. Stardate: 171231. Your resignation is accepted and your replacement is approved. You are hereby requested and required to relinquish command of the Department of Personnel to Lieutenant Commander Brittany Buttons (BitOHoney Resident), Deputy Director, UF Starfleet Personnel, as of this date. Signed, Commodore Cheryl Skinstad, Chief of Staff, UF Starfleet Command."

Herbert: "Computer, transfer all command codes for the Department of Personnel to Lieutenant Commander Bit0Honey Resident.

Herbert: /me waits for the computer to beep in the affirmative and respond "Transfer Complete. Department of Personnel now under Command of Lieutenant Commander Bit0Honey Resident"

Herbert: /me stands aside

Bit0Honey: /me shakes his hand "I relieve you, Sir"

Herbert: I stand relieved.
Dolfke Barbosa
Security - Fleet Captain
Security - Fleet Captain
Duty Post: Chief Security Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid: 3th Rock Grid

Congrats to you Bit, and many thanks to you, Herbert, for some lovely years !!
FCapt. Dolfke Barbosa
Academy Instructor UFSA (3RG)
Morale Officer, Astraios Colony
Colony Chief Security, Astraios Colony
In service to UF Starfleet Sector 001
Gamma Quadrant

Astraios Colony (Alpha Company) Graduate 110315
Access Service Jacket
Kressler Constantine
UFSMC - Major General
UFSMC - Major General

We love ya, Herbert.

*throws Bit into the Personnel office with some PADDs*

Good luck, Bit!!
Retired

Cheryl Skinstad
Science - Rear Admiral
Science - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: UF Starfleet Chief Of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: All

Many thanks, Herbert, for your dedication to duty that has been of an exemplary nature. May you have a wonderful enriched retirement.

Return to “Office of Personnel”