Personnel Announcement - Transfer of Command Ceremony

The Office of Personnel serves as a vital aspect in the administration side of United Federation Starfleet organisation. It is a division under the Office of the UFS Chief of Staff and is responsible for maintaining a concise, complete and up to date biographical database of the UFS Member base as well as all Personnel-related matters. The work of Personnel is essential in keeping accurate records of activity, which UFS Command can use to determine levels of activity within the group, in both real life and the metaverses. Personnel currently work primarily on the UFS Database system which is due to serve as a integral part of his organisations management.

Moderators: Luciano Skar-Machado, Victoria Moonshadow

Bit0Honey Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Diplomatic Liaison/Ops Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Peedy Thor
Grid: Second Life

And for posterity, here is the copy of my speech as well:

Thank you for that wonderful introduction and thank you all for being here today.. All this time.. Listening patiently.

Personnel is often the first and last contact a member has with UFS as an organization. Personnel staffers are with the membership from cradle to grave, activating, assisting and encouraging through our endeavors to accurately track careers and report activity.

It is our duty to fulfil the trust of the membership by ensuring that the promises we make to each other about how we are going to work together are kept… usually by saying a lot of “no”. <smiles and shrugs>

Captain Glenfadden has been an astute sheppard and guardian.. Always knowledgeable and helpful, even in the face of the friendly fire of disappointed members and the relentless, endless questioning from Personnel staffers like… well me.

I would like to thank Chief of Staff Cheryl Skinstad, the staff of the Department of Personnel and the entire Chain of Command for this wonderful opportunity, as well as my partner Vince Gauntly and sister Yaria Carmona for their staunch support and patience with my varying and fluctuating schedule.

I would like to thank the Captain of the USS Maxwell, Fleet Captain Nora Gerhadsen who sent me on the mission to go get involved in Fleet work to begin with, and my fellow “Worker Bees”, the folks I see every day laboring hard to make UFS the awesome and dynamic organization we are, and the entire crew of the USS Maxwell, which is where I make my home.

And finally, but assuredly not least by any measure, I would like to thank Captain Herbert Glenfadden for his wise, centered, knowledgeable friendship, education and leadership. I have said it before and it bears repeating again today.. The Department will not be the same without you.

I am humbled by the faith and trust you have all placed in me. It is my heartfelt hope that I am able to continue the fine tradition of excellence and do you real proud!

Thank you for your kind attention. UFS Strong! UFS Proud!
Lt. Commander Brittany Buttons (bit0honey)
Diplomatic Liaison/Chief Operations Officer, SS Peedy Thor
Vice Chief UFS Communications
Director, UF Starfleet Personnel
UFSA Chief of Staff to the Superintendent
OOD Vice Director
Think Tank Moderator
UFS Build Team
CGSD - Secundus Student
JOOP Graduate

Service Jacket: http://www.ufstarfleet.org/wiki/index.p ... y_Resident
DB Profile: http://www.database.ufstarfleet.org/com ... user/1886/
Cheryl Skinstad
Science - Rear Admiral
Science - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: UF Starfleet Chief Of Staff
Ship/Station Posted: USS Durant
Grid: All

Herbert would not have stepped down without ensuring that he had the place all set to continue strongly. He named Bit as his Vice a long while back now. What an amazing person she is! Congratulations Bit, I am in awe of the skills you possess. I look forward to working more closely with you.😊

Return to “Office of Personnel”