The UFS Marine Corp Reboot

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

The Reboot of UFS also includes us. There are many things that I will start revealing as time progresses but I will start with a few confirmed things.
1. Marines WILL be assigned to Chapters in UFS, be they Fleet Chapters or Marine Task Forces (Chapter based in Marine Unit instead of a Starship).
2. Names of parts of the Corp will be changing, for example FORCECOM will be changing to Marine Operations (MAROPS).
3. Marines will be responsible for finding a unit.

These of course are only a fraction of what is actually going to happen. Our Marine Manual is near completion and it is my hope that it and the test made from it will be ready by the end of the week.
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

The Role of Branch Commanders will be/has changed.
Before they were operational commanders, now they are no longer in the CoC of everyday Marines.
The Branch Commander is a cross between a College Dean and a Sergeant Major. They are in charge of the Colleges of their Branches and are experts in their fields.
They will oversee the Colleges, Classes and MOS Certifications of their branches like a college dean.
They will be points of contact for OICs and COs that wish to develop a more 'authentic' atmosphere for their members.
This is why I call them a cross between a College Dean and a Sergeant Major, they use their knowledge to train others from their experiences.
This means they will be moving from under FORCECOM to under TRACOM.
I will be posting job openings for the open Branch Commander Posts shortly, there are 6.
They will be posted just like my other job openings.
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

The names of the Marine Major Commander (FORCECOM and TRACOM) will be changing and in some cases their jobs will be changing as well.

Forces Command (FORCECOM) is becoming Marine Operations (MAROPS) - They will oversee all Detachments, Task Forces, Regiments and Commands in the Corp. They are also charged with the oversight of Mustering Units and tracking unit numbers.

Training and Doctrine Command (TRACOM) will be changing to Training Command (TCOM) - They will be charged with maintenance of all Manuals used by the UFSMC. TCOM is also in charge of the MOS Certifications and Development Programs. More on the Certifications as we develop.
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

The Reboot has begun so I will go over things that the Corp needs to know. It will be in the manual but until it’s ready I wanted to get everyone up to date.

Marine Structure:
On top of the Marines is the Office of the Commandant. It contains the Commandant, Deputy Commandant, General Staff and support officers.
The rest mirrors the rest of UFS:
We have ‘Commands’ under each UFS Sector. Under Sector 001 is the 1st Marine Command
The Command OIC is selected by the Sector Commander and serves on their support staff as well as sends an MSR to the CO, Marine Operations.
We have a unique Sub- Sector unit called a “Regiment” the Regiment divides up the Command into smaller units, the division varies on the Sector. In 001 each Metaverse is its own Regiment, so all Marines in SL are 1st Command 1st Regiment.
Marines have their own version of a Chapter call the “Marine Task Force” or MTF. The MFT has the same requirements as a chapter in fleet but is made up of only Marines and does not need to be based on a ship. Marines CAN start a normal chapter if they wish like any other member, the MTF simply gives marines more options, such as if a group of friends plays laser tag every week, they can make their unit more real.
Last is the Marine Detachment, this is simply if a Chapter CO wants Marines. They either recruit an OIC or on happens upon them looking to join. It only requires permission of Marine Operations to ensure the numbering is not taken by another unit. A Detachment can NOT be formed for a chapter until they have been approved and are at least a chapter in training.
Each MTF and Detachment have their own unique registry numbers.

Branch Commanders:
The role of the Branch Commander is being shifted from Operational Command to an Advisory and Educational Role. Branch Commanders will be under Training Command and help develop the MOS Certification programs and classes for their branch. They will also be available for Commanders who are building their chapter and want advice on how to make it more authentic. This holds true for both Online and Meeting Chapters. Currently there is only 1 Branch Commander, Aerospace. All other Branch Commander Posts are open for application and I will post them as soon as time permits.

Marine Operations:
MAROPS is charged with the administration of the Corp. It tracks the registry numbers of all Marine Units as well as their status. The COMAROPS prepares an MSR for the Commandant with information submitted from the Command OICs.

Training Command:
TCOM is the Educational Arm of the Corp. It oversees all MOS Certification and Personal Development Programs and maintains the Manuals used by the Marines. It works with Marine Academy and the Branch Commanders to achieve this.

Any questions feel free to post here:
viewtopic.php?f=533&t=22345
Or email me
UFSMCDANT@UFStarfleet.org
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral

The first version of the United Federation Starfleet Marine Corp Membership Manual is complete and being processed. I have also completed the examination for this manual that ALL marines are required to take and pass. For those that wish to know the Examination is BD-10.

Return to “Marines Archives”