Curriculum Development

Ash Drezelan
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Please post here any classes that you are interested in seeing made or would like to help make yourself. Please be very detailed Thank you.
Kyle Asbrink
UFSMC - Colonel
UFSMC - Colonel
Duty Post: CO FORCECOM
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid:

i will be giving this class a test run for MAB next week but let me put it here too.

Survival Training

A three day field class simulating a worse case scenario. The recruits and marines are stranded in a hostile environment with minimal supplies and must use their knowledge and intuition to find food and shelter until help arrives. One instructor will stay with the marine group to provide advice and for safety reasons while the others will observe from afar and also simulate an Opposing force that the class will have to evade. This is an imersive RP based class similar to bridge training but will last several days with key events and changes occurring over the time span of the class. it is required that all MAB pilots and infantry choosing the recon MOS take this course. The exact details of the environment and supplies given to the class are up to the instructor and will change each time it is offered so that the course is never exactly the same twice.
Foxtrot Platoon Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Kyle Asbrink wrote:i will be giving this class a test run for MAB next week but let me put it here too.

Survival Training

A three day field class simulating a worse case scenario. The recruits and marines are stranded in a hostile environment with minimal supplies and must use their knowledge and intuition to find food and shelter until help arrives. One instructor will stay with the marine group to provide advice and for safety reasons while the others will observe from afar and also simulate an Opposing force that the class will have to evade. This is an imersive RP based class similar to bridge training but will last several days with key events and changes occurring over the time span of the class. it is required that all MAB pilots and infantry choosing the recon MOS take this course. The exact details of the environment and supplies given to the class are up to the instructor and will change each time it is offered so that the course is never exactly the same twice.
The idea is awesome but it won't required until I see it and believe it is important enough to make required.
Ash Drezelan
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

MilesPrower Dagger wrote:
Kyle Asbrink wrote:i will be giving this class a test run for MAB next week but let me put it here too.

Survival Training

The idea is awesome but it won't required until I see it and believe it is important enough to make required.
Agreed. I'd also like to actually see how it works when you do it. Please let me know as soon as you have an idea when you will be instructing this. We are looking for something to replace the second bootcamp for recruits and this looks like if it runs smoothly and everything, that it could be a good option to do just that with.
Kyle Asbrink
UFSMC - Colonel
UFSMC - Colonel
Duty Post: CO FORCECOM
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid:

due to schedule constraints i have to push back the first offering by a week, the course will begin next Tuesday at 7:00 Pm SLT.
Foxtrot Platoon Graduate 110222

Access Service Jacket
CylonXD Slade
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Interested in seeing: Introduction to UFSMC Command Role(s)

Would be interested in making: Introduction to UFSMC Etiquette
Warfare Psychology
CylonXD Slade
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Marine Etiquette:

The foundations of standard Marine life; this class educates on uniform policy; pre-and-post battle mandates (such as returning bodies and so on); how to treat POWs; following rules of engagement and generally just how to avoid being an behind.

Warfare Psychology:

Warfare Psychology looks at psychological warfare techniques, both offensive and defensive. The class would (hopefully) be part of a series dedicated to the intellectual side of Warfare Operations of the Marine Corps.

Topics covered:

1.0: Mentality of warfare
1.1: Importance of Morale
1.2: Establishing Morale
1.3: How to combat decreasing Morale

2.0: Offensive Psycho-warfare
2.1: Possible Psychological attacks faced by Marines on a tour of service
2.2: 'The trick's in the eye' - knowing how to overcome psychological disguises of the enemy
2.3: Avoidance of PTSD
2.4: Spotting the signs: when to send your comrades home

3.0: Defensive Psycho-warfare
3.1: How to use psychology to your advantage in the field
3.2: How to demoralize and crush enemy spirit
3.3: 'Hearts and minds' - how to establish friendly relationships with locals (based on Lord Wellington's approch)

Return to “Marines Archives”