Pirates!?

MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Several days ago the USS Luranza responded to a distress call from a non aligned freighter in the Pazron System. Upon arrival in system the Luranza’s sensors picked up several senor contacts entering the Pazron Nebula before losing contact. While towing the freighter to Cascadia for repairs the crew discovered this gang of priates had been operating for almost eight months in the system but had deliberately avoided UFS shipping to avoid detection.

Admiral Calhoun called Commandant Dagger to his office for a tactical meeting. The Admiral’s orders were to secure UFS space and make it safe for all shipping and traffic. He also wanted to send a powerful message to any criminal organization that would dare to set up shop in UFS territory.

The pirates are operating out of the Parzon Nebula which makes up all of the Parzon system except for its stars, a red giant and a pulsar. The nebula is very dangerous for larger ships due to the high electromagnetic interference, debris and asteroids littered throughout it.

The decision was reached that the Marine Aerospace elements would be deployed aboard the USS Normandy to recon the nebula, locate and ascertain the enemy strength, and return and report back. The fighters will be temporally upgraded with an advanced sensor package.

In Service
Lt. Colonel MilesPrower Dagger
Commandant, UFSMC
MilesPrower Dagger
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy Commander, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ
Grid: Unknown

Command Orders - Marine 2nd Air Wing, 2nd Squadron - Shadow Hawks.

TO: 2nd LT Mitz Xi

RE: Deployment

Lieutenant your squadron has been assigned to recon the nebula, the USS Normandy will arrive at launch location on 101126 at 1800SL.
Your fighters will be temporally upgraded with an advanced sensor pod to allow to navigate the nebula. You may bring along any available pilots from other squadrons if the are not assigned to other duties.

In Service
Lt. Colonel MilesPrower Dagger
Commandant, UFSMC
Mitz Xi
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

To: Major Slarus Rajal - UFSMC MAB BCO
CC: LT COL MilesPrower Dagger - Commandant UFSMC,  Maj Selina Otsuka, Deputy Commandant, UFSMC, Major Katina Knotler UFSMC MAB VBCO

Subject: Marine Mission - Parzon Nebula Recon

Requested pilots for the mission:
Confirmed - LT COL MilesPrower Dagger (Superviser of the mission)
Confirmed - Major Slarus Rajal - UFSMC MAB BCO
Confirmed - 2LT Mitz Xi - 2nd Wing, 2nd Squadron Shadow Hawk Leader
Confirmed - 1LT Stephanie Imari, Shadow Hawk Pilot

((NPC Pirates))
Major Scott Salmson - Fighter Pilot (Come for the briefing, only)
1st Lt. Riker MacMoragh - Cavarly Marine (appeared on the USS Normandy after the mission)
2nd Lt - Buck Piers - Infantry Branch (NPC - Pirate)
PFC JoeinNorthCarolina Akroyd - Infantry/Recon Branch (Come for the briefing, only could not fly)
Gunnery Sergeant Cipher Rhode - Rifleman/Platoon Sergeant (4th Squad) (NPC - Pirate)

(Special thanks to all of these that took the time to come to the rp and participated as an NPC or involved in the mission.)

After boarding the USS Normandy, the 2nd wing - 2nd squadron known as the Shadow Hawks, headed to the Pazron System.  Under the command of Major Slarus Rajal, the Shadow Hawks followed her directions after the briefing with Commandant Dagger.  The valkyries were temporally upgraded with an advanced sensor pod to scan and allow navigate of the nebula.

Mission Objectives:
Primary:  Sweep the Nebula for signs of the forces that hides in the Parzon Nebula and locate any possible base of operations.
                Identify any enemy and/or other possible threats.

Secondary:  Location of the non aligned freighter.
                      Assess the forces within the nebula, the stengths and weaknesses

Tertiary: Return to base with the recon information.

After launching Major Rajal ordered me to take point, which I did without hesitation.  1st Lt Imari, had technical trouble with her Valkyrie and never made it out of the hanger.  Major Rajal followed me to the location of the Parzon nebula... we begin our initial sweep with the sensors and calibrated the sensors

After scanning there was nothing within range, I informed Major Rajal I was moving into the nebula.  After colliding with a barrier of turbulance, I penetrated the depths of the electromagnetic radiation into the nebula.  The senses of a normal valkyrie would have been useless making a standard fighter easy prey.  The upgrades seem to do the trick with some minor tweaking.  Major Rajal had some trouble entering the nebula so I proceeded alone.

After sometime passing I spotted an asteroid field, within this field I noticed a huge energy spike from one asteroid in particular.  Moving closer the advanced sensor pod cut through the nebula to reveal a base of operations of some kind.

Within seconds I was spotted and swarmed by unknown pirate fighters, holding my own, until Major Rajal arrived we flew against outnumbering odds, I managed to get images of a two of the fighters.

With Major Rajal engaged in combat she covered me while I began taking a detail senor scan of the base and surrounding areas, the data of the scans are unknown until analyses checks over what is within the Parzon Nebula.  Both the Major and my Valkyries were heavily damaged, Major Rajal ordered me back to base, since the scans were complete, I broke off from the fight and headed for the USS Normandy with Major Rajal following close.

We combat landed in USS Normandy's hanger, both coming in hot with pirates on our tails.  We cleared the hanger and hurried to Commandant Dagger handing him the data from the scans.  I suggested we get out of the area before we end up in the hands of the pirates.

It was at this time a Pirate fighter entered the hanger and opened fire on everything.  Major Rajal grabbed a rifle and tossed me one.. the battle was hardly over.  With all of us geared up with weapons we forced the fighter back out of the hanger with a flurry of weapons fire from both sides.  With some well placed shots and luck I managed to bring down the fighter outside of the hanger, but not before the pilot beamed into the hanger.

The Pirate engaged in hand to hand combat with 1st Lt. MacMoragh, after a brief skirmish the pirate vented himself out into space killing himself to avoid being interrogated.  The USS Normandy wasted no time reaching maximum warp returning back to Pinastri System with the recon data.

Mission Complete....

2nd Lt. Mitz Xi, Shadow Hawks
2nd Wing, 2nd Squadron Leader

Return to “Marines Archives”