Mission North Star

Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: U.S.S. Monarch
Grid: Second Life

Mission day 5:

While the team was either sleeping or practicing their "Howdy!" skills i beamed down to explore a local town as i'm a veteran Magellan Explorer :). This town has everything a normal late 19th century society has. Bars, saloons, farms, stables, law office, court house, etc. I even noticed 2 persons wounded but i couldnt help them. Doing so would compromise my Covert cover but a local doctor was already on the scene. Lots of wood, bricks and iron in this town. Most notable was this "spitoon" or iron cup standing near the door of a bar. I dont have the slightest clue what that piece of tech. does. My tricorder read it as a simple iron cup and nothing else. No cultural reference showed up during the scans. Anyhow, nothing out of the ordinary in this town. After hiding in a corner i beamed back to the USS Magellan. The orbit of the ship is holding but the Driver Coils of the Impulse engines are offline due to the big problem of the port Impulse engine. Today it just shutdown completely and it can only be fixed on either the surface on in a drydock. I've stabilised the orbital ops by using the Fusion Trusters the old fashion way like the ancient Earth spaceships in the 21th century like the "Space Shuttle". It wont put us in any danger as long the starboard Impulse engine is offline.

End log.

Unknown technology:

Captain Gijsjan Broek.
Science Officer of U.S.S. Monarch :enterprised:

"Astronomy compel the soul to look upwards, and leads us from this world to another" Plato

Access Service Jacket
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Day 4
finally arrived in oribit. With our damaged impilse engine it was a bit bumpy de-accelrating from warp but owing to the skill of Gijsjan we made it safely.
After a short briefing we transported to the planet surface hower at certain times of the the day the gravitational atmoshphere make it difficult for us to move about comfortably. We have decided therefore to monitor the atmospheric pressure from the safety of Magellan and to transport to the surface when conditions are in our favour.

Computer save and end log

In service
Lt jg Buck Ghostraven
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 5
Finally made it to the planet surface. The resemblance to earth of the 19th Century is incredible in every detail. How and why this should be is what we need to find out.

While on the surface I got talking to a woman called Cooky, She lives on a ranch outside of the town. She was telling me about a man named Sirius who had just been to her place. Said he was talking about undesirables and how he would hang the lot of them if he could. Also talking about people with "The mark". Sounds to me as though he had had too much sun and whisky wil lkeep my eyes open as he sounds like someone to avoid if possible. I managed to take the co-ordinates and an image of the woman's ranch as one of our first contacts on the planet. she may prove useful to us. (Tombstone Arizona Coronado 117, 245, 22).

Returning to Magellan.

Lt jg Buck Ghostraven
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Dr. Deanna Broek supplemental log:

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

"Astronomy compel the soul to look upwards, and leads us from this world to another" Plato

Access Service Jacket
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 6
Dr. Deanna Broek (Sukra)

Computer...start log

Following up on the Captain's encounter with Cooky, I was able to beam down to the planet's surface and make contact with her. Telling her I was a good friend of Buck's, she was very friendly and invited me into her home, even offering her guest house to the Commander and I while we were "in town".

After she invited me in, we discussed some local town goings on and I tried to get more information about this Sirius person, but there wasn't much she could tell me other than to watch out for him and that he was dangerous and 'nasty'.

Now that we have a friend in town and a place to stay for the time being, maybe this will be our chance to locate this Sirius person and find the next missing piece of the puzzle with this town.

End log

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission day 6:

Me and Deanna beamed down to the surface again. Deanna showed me the wooden house she got offered by lady Cooky. Its a comfy and nice home we could use as a base of operations. We went to that town again and along the way we found random houses and we noticed a heavy concentration of people at a theatre so we walked in for a cultural observation. We were on the lookout of a person called "Sirius" as Buck mentioned but my hidden tricorder didn found him. Lots of locals here and also a certain woman with cloths other then the locals. She wears some kind of leather cloths with feathers on the back of her head. Some refered to her as an "Indian". I guess they are another civilization of this planet. I wonder what their diplomatic status is with the Tombstonians. 4 "actors" were performing something interesting for entertaiment. After the show was over we walked to a corner and beamed back to the USS Magellan.

End log.

Indian woman:

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Day 6

Spent the day loking round the surrounding countryside looking for any clues as to what may be going on here. Everything seemed peacful apart from rumours of indian attacks. This mission get more interesting as time goes on. Stil lhaven't met this sirius cooky mentioned. Need to find him.

Lt jg Buck Ghostraven
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 7
Dr. Deanna Broak (Sukra)

Computer...start log

I headed back to the woman Cooky's house this morning in the hopes of running into Sirius and was not disappointed. He was there with a woman named June. They were wary of me at first but after chatting with them a while they became a bit more friendly.

However, neither of them were willing to give up any information so I had to leave the situation and report back to the ship. Gijs and I plan on beaming down later in the day to find out more information about Sirius and try to track him down.

End log.

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Day 7
Lots of activity today. Finally met up with this sirius character. Met up with him while walking with Gijsjan and Deanna. He certainly seems a nasty piece of work. Talking about hanging skags and how they have to live in camps outside of town. Second time I have heard this word so out of interest i ran it through our data base. Very interestingly i got a result: The Skagarans are a warp-capable humanoid race, also known as "Skags".

Physiology

Skagarans appear nearly identical to Humans with the exception of distinguishing facial markings. They also have red blood, like many humanoid species, and their body has a higher tolerance to alcohol than a Human body. They are similar enough to Humans to produce children with them.
Society and culture

Although some Skagarans believed in the concept of Hell, they did not practice burial ceremonies to dispose of their dead. As of the 19th century, they practiced slavery of other sentient species.

Technologically, the Skagarans achieved warp drive by Earth's mid-19th century. They possessed weapons which were probably phasers or disruptors and, reportedly, had transporter technology. Their starships were also capable of penetrating the thermobaric clouds which surrounded the Delphic Expanse.

Skagarans have their own kind of alcohol, Skagaran whiskey.

This is very interesting and leads to many questions.
1 If they are a warp speacies how come they are living in squalid camps outside of town with 19th century technology.
2 What has happened to their superior technology
3 Why is sirius and the whole town so against them

To answer these questions I have decided to put the team on tracking sirius to see if he visits one of these camps so that we can talk to these Skagaran's. Hopefully this will give us the answers we seek.

After we finished talking to sirius Gijsjan, Deanna, Calypso and myself went into town to see if we could find out anymore. Ended up in a old saloon and let our hair down a bit. Then transported back to Magellan for a quick debrief and popcorn before reiring to our bunks.

computer save and end log

Lt jg Buck Ghostraven
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission day 7:

Deanna and i beamed down to the wooden house again. Miss Cooky wasnt around and after a few minutes this Sirius guy again closeby. Buck beamed down and we followed him for a few miles where he stopped on a bridge. We greeted him and had a skirmish talk with him. He mentioned this race called "Skag", clearly out of the ordinary here. I think this person knows something we want to know. He left after the convo. We went to the local town again and Cali beamed down and followed us. We decided to visit a Saloon and we drank some whiskey to test the local kitchen and danced for a while. Then this bandit and later a sheriff showed up and had a small standoff. With no one injured we hid in corners and beamed back to the USS Magellan.

End log.

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket
Daddy Meriman
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

After much wandering around lost I finally found my way to what passes for civilization.
I managed to drag myself into a "saloon" and discover there were some enlightened citizens as shown below.
Nothing further to report that the rest of the team have not already uncovered.

In Service
Ensign Meriman
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 8

After our conversation with Sirius yesterday I met upi with Daddy and then Ruth to try and find some of these camps he had mentioned to see if these skagarans actually exsisted or were the invention of a deluded mind.
We catuall found a few camps dotted around and we plan to stake out these places to see if there is any sign of activity. To date none has been observed.

Lt jg Buck Ghostraven
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission day 8:

A small team of me, Deanna and Daddy beamed down in search for these camps someone mentioned. We all gathered at Cooky's house and all over the sudden this unknown lady showed up. She mentioned us being humans and that sounded strange. Also we found the strange marking on her face showing that she's a Skag. She asked if we were here to arrest her and she kinda react suspicious to us. We asked for information but she didnt gave us much. In the end we agreed to meet with her and someone else in a camp. I think it will be one of the camps we need to explore. Later we headed back to the town and into the badlands Daddy mentioned where we found an Indian camp but it was deserted at that time. With no one else around we beamed back to the USS Magellan.

End log.

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 8
Dr. Deanna Broek (Sukra)
Computer…start log
Beaming down with Gijs and Daddy today gave us an opportunity to encounter a confirmed member of the Skagarian race. My empathic abilities immediately picked up on her fear of us; she was terrified we were going to hurt her. Thankfully, we were able to engage her in some conversation and she became a bit more comfortable with us. I was able to use my hidden tricorder to take a covert scan and the data that came back was vague, stating that she was a life form, possibly humanoid. Without a blood sample, I can’t find out more…
We were able to get some info from her and with luck, she will be bringing another member of her race to meet us tomorrow and possibly give us more background…she is still very distrusting of us based on her description of how other humans have ostracized and treated her and other members of her race.
End log.

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission day 9

Amazing results today. Following some comments made about mines the other day, I made some enquiries in town and was told about some long deserted mines in a town some miles out of Tombstone. On investigation I found a small mine with a cylindrical object buried deep inside. Not having my tricorder with me I made a note of the co-ordinates and decided to wait until the rest of the team were assembled to fully explore the object.
Using tricorders we found out that the object was in fact an old warp core, possibly as old as 200 years.
While we were all gathered in the mine a woman appeared and was shocked to find us there. She had exactly the same facial markings as the woman from yesterday and admitted she was skagaran. When we questioned her she proceeded to tell us a story that had been passed down through generations. It appears that around 200 years ago this planet belonged to the skagaran. They had warp technology and had flown to earth and abducted people from a mid western town to bring them back as slaves. Somehow the humans has overcome the skagaran and taken over the planet, the skagaran now being the slaves. While she was talking deanna took some readings that showed that she has humanoid characteristics. To be sure we somewhow need to get one of these people to Magellan and do a complete diognostic. My next task will be to get the team together and formulate a plan on how to achieve this without going against the prime directive. After some time with us the woman who called herself Quorre appeared distressed on telling us this story and was worried about this sirius person saying he owned her and the woman from yesterday and if she was away too long she would be harmed by him. Also that she had a secret about him but was unwilling to divulge what this was. This Sirius seems to be one very obnoxious character.
While we were in the cave gisan got bitten by a bat as i had been earlier in the day so it was agreed to return to Magellan so that Deanna could inject against the possibility of diseise and to file away our data.
Tomorrow we will return to the planet to continue our investigations.

Lt jg Buck Ghostraven

Return to “Intelligence Branch Archives”