Mission "Rocky Techie"

Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: U.S.S. Monarch
Grid: Second Life

Mission Day 17:

The Plasma Coupler didnt act up today but Crewman Duddle is keeping an eye on it. Nothing else to report. Its a smooth ride so far.

End report.
Captain Gijsjan Broek.
Science Officer of U.S.S. Monarch :enterprised:

"Astronomy compel the soul to look upwards, and leads us from this world to another" Plato

Access Service Jacket
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 17:

Bit worried about the Plasma Coupler after it was mentioned yesterday however it seemed fine today. Will keep a close eye on it over the rest of the journey home.

Computer save and end report.
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 18:

Today we vented the plasma system again for the final leg of the journey home. During the venting of the starboard plasma conduit the prototype Plasma Coupler acted up again but this time it went online. The engineering alarm went off and we had 5 minutes to prep ourselves. There was no way to stop it so we had no choice but to prep the ship. We accelerated to Warp 8.5 to amend the massive G forces to come. We put the warp core intermix ratio and all 4 Fusion reactors to 110% yield. Added more power to the SIF and nav. deflector screen. Finally we accelerated to Warp 9.9999 and the ship rocked steadily. We were lucky the preps was done in time or otherwise we were dead. I monitored the ships systems as best icould. A micro fracture occured in the cargo hold and Buck ordered Natalya (NPC) to seal the breach. She never came back and she died. I had to fine tune the timing on our projected course and the shutter of th Plasma Couple had to be online and we managed to do that in time. At the perfect moment i shut off the Plasma Coupler and we dropped out of Warp. The Coupler was ejected but lots of damage occured during the sudden stand still. We all suffered from burned skin and broken bones. I was thrown from my seat and Buck his head got hit by the main bulkhead. I managed to crawl to the seat again and succeeded to fire up the Impulse engines. The Warp engines are fried but i suceeded to get us home. Pathfinder sickbay treated us and cleared the team for light duty.

Damage report from the USS Magellan:

- Hull intergrity down to 50%
- SIF down to 30%
- Torpedo system destroyed
- Warp coil assembly in both nacelles 90% damaged
- Main EPS grid down to 60%
- Fusion reactor 3 is fried.

ETA on repairs: +/- 2 weeks.

This concludes the mission. The Rajans interfered with the Flintstonians about 8000 years ago but the natives adapted very well to it. This damage to their cultures cannot be undone.

"Rocky Techie" completed. Cmdr. Gijsjan Broek signing off.

End report.

Captain Gijsjan Broek.

"Astronomy compel the soul to look upwards, and leads us from this world to another" Plato

Access Service Jacket
Buck Ghostraven
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission Day 18:

The plasma conduits required venting again today. Used the erer reliable workbee to vent and calibrate. Just as I as finishing the prototype Plasma Coupler unespectedly went online. The engineering alarm went off and we were forced to re enter the ship immediately. We tried to stop the coupler but it would not respond to any of our efforts so we had no choice but to prepare the ship for going to warp 9.9999. This caused a very rough ride. If we had not prepared the ship we would not have survived the rest of the flight. A stress fracture occured in the cargo bay and I put a containment field around it and ordered NPC Natalya to go and ensure this was holding. Unfortunately this was to cost her her life and I take full responsibility for this decision. Gijsjan was doing a great job controlling the ship as it was a very rough flight. It looked like we were going to overshoot Pinastri and Gijsjan did an emergency shutdown of the Plasma coupler and we dropped out of warp. The sudden de-accleration caused a lot of damage to the ship and to ourselves. Both Gijsjan and myself suffered burns, broken bones and myself concussion as I was thrown against the side of the ship. We then lost all power, however Gijsjan and NPC Joe managed to get impulse power back and we were able to continue our journey back home. I would like to commend him for his piloting skills, without which we would not have survived this emergency. On our arrival we were met by a medical team and rushed to Pathfinder sickbay where out injurioes were treated and eventally we were both cleared for light duties.
The Magellan suffered serious damage and will need some time in dock to affect the repairs.

This mission has now been completed and a full report will be issued shortly.
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mission log supplemental:

After scanning the star system during the mission i've recorded and analysed the data for Stellar Cartography. The readings are as follow:

Star: Class F
Temperature: 6,000-7,500 Kelvin
Composition: Hydrogen and ionized metals, calcium and iron.

Bedrock A
classification: Class E
distance from sun: 0.3 AU
diameter: 8000 km
gravity: 0.5 G
atmosphere: Thin, Hydrogen/Methane/Nitrogen
weather system: Heavy storms
temp.: 300C to 700C
surface: Molten surface with many craters.
lifeforms: None
tech. level: None
specials: High compressed crystals.

Bedrock B
classification: Class M
distance from sun: 1.4 AU
diameter: 40000 km
gravity: 1,2 G
atmosphere: Dense, Oxygen/Nitrogen
weather system: Normal weather. Rain, snow, storms, lightning.
temp.: -10C to 50C
surface: 40% water/ 60% landmasses. 3 major continents. Many forests and animals. 600 Flora and plant types and 260 animal species. 1 sentient species found.
lifeforms: Humanoids called Flintstonians.
tech. level: Stone age.
specials: Civilization is contaminated. 20th century comparison tech. found embedded in current natural tech. level.

Bedrock C

classification: Class P
distance from sun: 2.1 AU
diameter: 10000 km
gravity: 0.8 G
atmosphere: Thin, Nitrogen/Methane and 8 trace gasses.
weather system: Thin cloud cover.
temp.: -20C to -90C
surface: 70% rock, 30% Water ice with corroded Sulphur blended in.
specials: None

Bedrock D
classification: Class J
distance from sun: 3 AU
diameter: 95000 km
gravity: 9 G
atmosphere: Very dense, Hydrogen/Methane/Argon
weather system: Volatile storms, lightning storms and gamma radiation.
temp.: -120C to -200C
surface: Various gass layers.
specials: None

Bedrock E
classification: Class I
distance from sun: 3.8 AU
diameter: 350000 km
gravity: 20 G
atmosphere: Ultra dense, Hydrogen/Carbon dioxide
weather system: Ultra heavy storms, tornado eddies, heavy lightning storms
temp.: -180C to -300C
surface: Various ultra dense gas layers
specials: Various Plasma eddies detected in the deeper layers.
Captain Gijsjan Broek.

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Intelligence Branch Archives”