Personal Log - Ensign AthenaDax Zoon - EID Officer

AthenaDax Zoon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

"Computer, begin recording"

AthenaDax speaks softly but loudly enough for the computer to register her words as she walks around moving things from one spot to another in her room.

Recording started, proceed when ready

"Computer, begin recording personal log, Ensign AthenaDax Zoon 110328.

Seems like it has been forever since I have recorded a personal log but this is officially my first one as an Intel Officer. She smiles a bit and walks over, sitting in the chair and curling her legs up under her before stopping to glance around again at the room. So here I am, on board the USS Cutlass and you know, it isn't half bad, although I do really dislike flight, but this is a bit different than a shuttle. It is a miracle I ever did pass a basic flight class but I won't have to fly one unless an emergency occurs and I have no choice. Maybe I should practice the next chance I get. Athena wrinkles her nose and makes a face, thinking about flying. Funny that someone who hates heights would pick a career that involves a lot of them but I have learned before to overcome my fears.

I attended my first meeting at Intel. It was nice to meet the people that I did not know beforehand since I will be working with all of them on some level or other. Of course there were some I knew before and was happy to see again. I have to admit to being glad I packed all my medical things and made sure they got here, especially since there are a few who do tend to need medical regularly. She grins and gets up from the chair and walks over to a bag sitting on her bed and leans down to rummage through it. Finally she finds what she is looking for and pulls out a raggedy bear and looks around , tying to find a place to set it down. She continues talking as she walks around setting the bear here and there and picking it back up again. And here you are my ragged Blinky, we have to find a spot for you in here. I know no one will bother you here so I don't have to stuff you in a cabinet. Mmm well you can sit here on the bed for a while. She sets the bear down and goes back to the chair and curls back up in it, leaning her head back and closing her eyes. Now, that's better, me and my bear chilling in the room. Wonder what someone would think if they heard me talking to myself haha.

Honestly I am truly looking forward to working with everyone at Intel. I think they are a great bunch of people. I wanted to go to Intel to start with out of the academy but for personal reasons went to medical instead. Ah man, Ravenheart is going to be mad. I was supposed to take another look at his shoulder. Well there are some great Doctors around so he won't have any problem finding one who can help him just as well as I could have. I have been here a bit though, as a guest working with the officers on the USS Cutlass. But as luck would have it my orders came through while I was here so I am excited to be truly embarking on my next big adventure officially now.

I will miss my friends at Pathfinder. I really grew close to some of them but I did promise to keep in touch as much as possible, which may not be a lot considering where I might be and what I might be doing. But we are staying busy, and there are a lot of things to do here in my off time. I can't wait to see what we will do next. I mean I know it is, and can be very dangerous at times, but this is where I belong, what I want to be doing. I got shot several times as a doctor, once by an Orion who shot my CMO as well. Other times while trying to treat Marines. I will do my job no matter how dangerous it is. It is a risk we all take. AthenaDax grows quiet thinking about what tomorrow will bring and what she has already seen so far, she opens her eyes and yawns a little. Well on that note I am taking a shower and crawling in bed. Tomorrow morning is going to come early She grins again but not early enough I think.

Computer save log and exit"
AthenaDax Zoon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

"Computer, begin recording and search for audio file by Craig Morgan, year 2009 called This Ain't Nothing and play when found"

AthenaDax settles herself back on the bed, propping her back up against the pillows and nudging a raggedy bear with her PADD

"Computer, begin recording personal log, Ensign AthenaDax Zoon 110407.

Well we are in orbit around Telos IV today. I will be glad to get my feet back on some solid ground. Thankfully, even though there was a lot of preparations to be made and extra eyes needed to keep an eye on the plasma injector, I managed to sleep quite a bit and get re cooped. She stops and glances at her PADD, going through the messages and stares briefly at one before setting it down beside her.

I recieved a subspace message today...I am struggling to regroup my thoughts and concentrate on my job. My mother has been ill and it seems she is getting worse again. I sent a message back and the rest is hope... She shakes her head and gets up, walking over to the replicator and pushes some buttons. After a few beeps and a whirring noise, she reaches in and pulls out a cup of steaming liquid and walks to the table and sits down, cradling the cup in her hands. It is very difficult to be helpless like this but even if I were present... it isn't in my hands. I can only try and keep in touch...And she glances down and blinks back a few tears... Mom always said hot chocolate made everything better. She stares into the liquid a minute, swirling it slowly and watching the lights cast the occassional flash of glow on its surface... tiny ripples sliding across the surface of the liquid, reminding her of the constant changes in the delicate balance of life.

Well as I was saying, we are presently in oribt and I have to admit to being eager to get down there and see what is there. I have a feeling this is going to be even more intriguing than Caledon, though I could be wrong....Nah...she smiles slowly I know this is going to be interesting. Dangerous maybe but interesting.

I have all of my equipment prepped and ready to go. Any clothes I might need to wear for covert are ready as well. I spent some time on the holodeck and a bit of time in the lounge, talking with other crew members and relaxing. I think I made a good choice when I switched tracks in my career. Time will tell but for now I have work to do.

Ah but wait..I made a tiny suit for Blinky...she chuckles softly knowing everyone would think her insane for making clothes for an old stuffed bear and then walks over picking up a small pile of cloth and turns to the bear. So here we go Blinky, a new Intel outfit just for you with a bit of a twist. She grins, putting the new outfit on the bear and adding a tiny cap to his head and hanging a little pipe and magnifying glass around his neck. I heard about an old story about a man named Sherlock Holmes, Terran story I believe but now you are all set to be a little covert yourself. And so now it is time for me to report in for my shift.

Computer end audio file, save log and exit"
AthenaDax Zoon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

"Computer, begin recording personal log, Ensign AthenaDax Zoon 110417

Well I don't really feel like doing much of anything at the moment, being a bit lazy hehe. But I think I need to record a log so here I am. I started working on some class materials. All I lack I think is one or two things and I can teach some classes. There are a few Intel related ones I would love to see and some general ones. It will take some time for one of them to be properly written but I think it will be well worth the end result. I just have to contact the right people about it.

Speaking of getting things done, I have a report I need to get done right now. She shifts a bit and drops her feet back onto the floor, scooting the chair a bit closer and reaches for her PADD. I should have gotten this done the other day but I have to admit to being a bit upset with myself over my mistakes. Mistakes can get a person killed as I was so quickly reminded of. Athena leans back a minute and stares at the bear on the desk, thinking back on the recon mission and how quickly it could have gone sour and all because she didn't ask questions. The man had come out of nowhere, or so it seemed. He was suddenly standing right near her. He was well dressed, tall, slim built, dark hair and seemed friendly enough, asking questions about the area they were in. She and Zach had split up and gone to check out a few different buildings. No one seemed to be around and then here was this man. After talking to him briefly, she turned her head to glance and see where Zach was as they were within sight of each other and when she looked back, the man had a weapon drawn. Thinking quickly, she had casually commented that he seemed to be ready for anything and smiled at him. He had responded by saying that she seemed well prepared for anything as well. She had kept her voice calm and soft but had spoken clearly for him to hear and told him she was just visiting the area. She didn't tell him at that point that the tiny knife on her arm was a prop, more a piece of jewelry than anything else. She didn't care for weapons but had gotten ready for the mission without thinking about the tiny thing being attached to her shirt. After a few more minutes of talking, during which he seemed a bit eager to shoot someone, he revealed he was just passing through himself and had never been there before. He finally appeared to relax and wandered off to look around. She had been able to keep in contact with Zach and knew he had his sites on the man but even at that, it would have been after the fact. Athena frowned slightly and tapped the PADD on the edge of the desk. If she had just thought about that knife and asked about it, none of it would have happened. But then again, she had definitely learned something from it and it wouldn't happen again, that was for sure. She continued to stare at the bear for a minute longer and sat back up in the chair And you ,my dear Blinky, would have been homeless. I suppose they would have shipped you home with my things but no one would have ever fixed your tiny tears again. And so I will be more careful. I remember once going to a new location unarmed, a long time ago. It almost cost me life and took a long time to get over. So where is the line? The line is .. recon is not armed or even the appearance of armed. That is what we do. We know the risks. I always have. So, lesson learned and onward we go.

We did get called back from the previous mission to Telos IV we were going on and I went somewhere else on a training mission. It was an interesting place, quite beautiful really. And then this place. So different. I am learning a lot, getting to know my bosses and the rest of the bunch. I love my job and the people I work with are great. I am ready for the next thing I am assigned to do here and will just do my best. For now though, I have to get this report done or I will really be in trouble and that my dear Blinky we cannot have. Athena grins and jumps up from the chair and heads over to the bed. Leaning back on the pillows, she begins scrolling through her notes on her PADD.

AthenaDax Zoon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

"Computer, begin recording personal log, Ensign AthenaDax Zoon 110425

AthenaDax walks around the desk , pacing in circles as she speaks. Her mind is really not on doing her log so she frowns a bit and continues on. Okay I have to think pretty hard about what all has happened but I am staying busy with missions, which has been nice. I have been trying to keep in touch with Cadet Houley. She is so funny but seems to attract trouble for some reason. Hopefully she will get through the academy sometime soon and get settled in somewhere she likes. She taps her PADD on her palm as she walks, keeping rhythm with her footsteps on the floor. I forgot how much I enjoy helping cadets. Someday I will hopefully be able to do more in that respect.

Anyway she stops pacing and leans against the wall, staring off into space. I am really tired. All these missions have kind of worn me out even though I am enjoying them. So I think I will call it a night and head for bed.

AthenaDax Zoon
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

"Computer, begin recording personal log, Ensign AthenaDax Zoon 110504

Computer look for and play audio file, any year, by Enya and play when found. There is a brief pause in the recording as computer beeps a few times and begins playing a song from long ago. Athena leans against the back of the chair and smiles, tilting her head and listening to the music fill her room and her mind. There are some times in life when things happen or we make decisions that alter the course of our existence. I think that being in Intel has done that for me. As for right now, I am facing huge fleet report that my brain just flat refuses to concentrate on. I constantly find my thoughts wandering off on other paths and if that is not the case, then I am getting interrupted. I have been worried about my mom even though I have been receiving messages that she remains stable in spite of the ups and downs of her condition. If I could just get there somehow. She walks around the chair and glances over the charts on her desk, rearranging a few of them before continuing. Not that it would help but it might.

So I am grateful to have such good friends and work in Intel with so many good people. A few of them are definitely helping me keep my head up. Athena glances at the raggedy bear she calls Blinky, that is propped up on the desk by some books. Speaking of keeping ones head up, I think I need to take a few more stitches in the ole bear. One of these days I will run out of things to stitch and just have to slap a cervical collar on there.

I have another mission to do and these reports to get done. I did receive my gloves for completing my first Intel mission, which was a complete surprise. Staying busy is not a problem with Intel. That is a good thing. I dislike being idle. Normally I can use my work to distract myself from other things but not lately. I am really finding it difficult to stay on target which may well cause me problems on a mission. Some of the places I have seen though, honestly are amazing. Plants in brilliant glowing colors, skies that seemingly change with the breeze, water that seems almost as if it has a life of its own. Some have been dark and dangerous and some bright and inspiring. But all have their own quirks and the species and people are just as diverse. She stretches her arms over head and yawns I do think I better grab a drink and see if I can get cracking on this report. I kind of think being Ensign is bit better than getting busted back to cadet. AthenaDax grins and scoops up some charts and her PADD and lies down on her bed.

Return to “Intelligence Branch Archives”