Intelligence Branch Reporting

How does the Intelligence Branch want to report their work to the leadership?

Notecard dropped in PADD on Wolfton's desk?
No votes
Forums?
63%
Email to a group GMail?
No votes
Google Documents?
No votes
Group messages in-world?
25%
Something else? Post suggestion.
13%

Total votes: 8
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

We need to find out what works for the branch.  The current options don't work, and I need each Intelligence person to vote and?or propose another way.
JessicaClaudia Maynard
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief of Security | Protector
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Dear Sir !
For sure there are several possibilities. I am of the opinion, that a notecard attached to a short Group Message is
the easiest way. So everybody gets it for certain and can as well easily archive it in inventory.
I am not very familiar with the Forums, but if there could be a similar way to send things there, it should be ok.
Than again the adress link should be communicated to everybody in a Group Notice / Message.
In Service
Ensign JessicaClaudia Maynard
SB: Cadet Training Officer - UFS Academy

Access Service Jacket
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Unfortunately, the problem I'm trying to avoid is our inventories being cluttered.  I'm not sure how old your avatar is, but with product updates, group messages with land marks, shopping center spam, etc., inventories can become very cumbersome.  Still, if the branch votes notecards and group messages, that's what we will use.

I really do prefer the PADD inbox method, because only Intelligence-related items will go there.

LT Iadyl and I were talking about giving you the authority to manage the reports and if we do resume group messages and notecards, we will need a central archive like that PADD.  My idea was that it would be run like the application box we all used when we first applied to UFS.

I know that its not easy for everyone to use a web browser AND the viewer at the same time, and I know that it is not the most convenient method to manipulate data both in-world and out, but that is the way Command does things.

UFS is not just inside SL.  We are a real-world, non-profit fan organization with members who, at times, cannot get in world.

All this being said, not every report we create will be something role played in SL.  We can also do racial and organizational profiling via books and other media.  These sources must be properly cited, and a good reference is Memory Beta.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with us 'making up' reports on missions that weren't actually role played in SL.

We can't use onformation we wouldn't know yet, like Species 8472 being called the Undine, or Commander Akira Sulu giving out missions from Admiral Quinn's office in Earth Spacedock because those things haven't happened yet in our timeline, if they ever will.

In our timeline, I don't think Romulus and Remus were destroyed (yet) and therefore neither was Vulcan.

I'll do some fact-checking for sure though.

(added at 1623 SLT)
An added bonus is that everyone ELSE outside of Intelligence can see that we ARE working.
Last edited by Wolfton Foulsbane on 100530.1524, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Romulus

Romulus *will be* destroyed in 2 years, in our UFS timeline.  We are currently in 2385.

Of course, with Trek XII, we may see more changes that can't be implemented yet in UFS.
Last edited by Wolfton Foulsbane on 100530.2129, edited 1 time in total.
JessicaClaudia Maynard
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief of Security | Protector
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Dear Sir !
Basically I agree and we will find a method somehow. Fact is, we HAVE to find a method.
Comms need to be streamlined and channeled and A.C.E. is one good asset for it, in terms of analysis for sure.
I have a very personal view of an open communication, which I will show to you, when we have a moment. For the time being I try to keep my inventory just below 10.000 items and I succeed. So I would option the "Group MSG option" !
If we have a very precise designed "corner" in a Forum ... it may work ... but it will get out of hand, because people will be confused (scrolling down 50 pages of replys can be not so nice for anybody looking up some information !!!).
We will see to it and I hope we can meet and talk about it.
In Service
Ensign
JessicaClaudia Maynard
SB: Cadet Training Officer - UFS Academy

Access Service Jacket
Galia Iadyl
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

A good point to consider is a 'filing system' within your inventory.  (Thanks for showing me that, Ensign Maynard!)  For example, I have a Folder for "Intel Reports" and that folder has a sub-folder for everyone under my command.  When I get a report from anyone, it goes to their folder.  If its something pertinent to a particular mission, I Copy the note, and add it to a folder with the name of that mission, so its cross-referenced.
I'm sure with all the creative, intelligent folks we have, that we can come up with a standard that works for everyone.
I'd like to see this done no later than the end of June, if not sooner.
Thanks
Lt Galia Iadyl,
Intelligence Branch DD
Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I can just say: If I am to work with the reports I would like them send to me in world. Either direct from everyone or they can send them first to Ens. Maynard and she sends them to me in a bundle all together. I don;t care as long as I get them in world.They might be sorted here in the forum as well but since I have to work on them I would rather have them on a note card in world if somehow possible. Or I need a PADD on my desk as well.
And Lt Fermie is working on a Google.docs document for the ACE to share, store and file reports. So we shouldn't forget that and the afford he put into that file. I got to see it in a BETA-Version and it looked really promising to me.

In Service
Ens. Hidalgo Dorchester
Chief of ACE
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I left the poll open so you could change your votes.  I have no problem giving you a PADD.  Google Docs is just asdifficult to use as the Forums when your computer can't support a browser as well as a,client.  Viewer 2 has the ability to make the texture on the face of a prim a flash-enabled browser in world, but aging, not everyone can use Viewer 2.

We just all need to find one way of doing things and roll with it.  My concern with in-world reporting is that it costs Lindens and not everyone has those.
Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

It costs Lindens to send a note-card? I have never paid for it in any way. Or am I misunderstanding something here?
Jadia Triellis
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

He likely means the pictures :D
Hidalgo Dorchester
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Ah^^ thank you
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Bump

We have half of the branch left to vote, including our new ensigns.  Please vote before July 15th.

Regardless, the end result is going to the Wiki, so keep that in mind.
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I let this go for another 2 weeks after my deadline.  Forums it is.  See the new threads in the EID section.  Each MIST will post logs there and send a PM with a link to the Division leadership; LT Parx and LT(JG) Maynard.

Return to “Intelligence Branch Archives”