No-Shows for Magellan Missions and Potential Change in Magellan Launching Platform

Responsible for gathering intelligence, they have the patience to read through a database for hours on end, and the cunning to coax information from an unwilling giver.
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Greetings Intelligence Branch,

We've had no-shows to most of the Magellan Missions scheduled this year and I've had none reported independent. Does anyone even want to do them anymore? We need to come together as a branch and figure out where we the membership want to take our activities in the future. I want to get your input and then invite the Captains, First Officers, and Joint Chiefs into a discussion where I will represent all your interests and forge a new way ahead.

But for now, please, respond here with what your expectations are of the Intelligence Branch leadership and what you want to do to qualify yourselves as Intelligence Professionals on bridge crews/Away Teams.

As I no longer command Starbase Tranquility, we may move the Intel HQ. What are your thoughts?

WILLIAM THRASHER ((WOLFTON.FOULSBANE))
CAPT | CMD
Commanding Officer | UFS Intelligence Branch and Starbase One ((Star Trek Online))
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

Magellan missions are designed for exploration, visiting new sims....they could easily be used as an academy experience to teach new members the are of exploration and the prime directive.
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Are the missions being posted in the Intel group in advance? If not, doing so may help with attendance. If it isn't part of a person's routine, they likely wont remember a single notice from some time ago.

Giving an event some chatter in advance will help generate excitement, and thus add to your numbers.
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Yes, I did that. With the Intel Branch de-coupling from Tranquility's scheduled missions, we are able to work on different time slots. I hope that some branch members speak up soon so that we can decide on a new time.

I'm hoping that spending some time with the Intel Dean on the confidence course and adding to the list of classes as well as my actually teaching Intel classes will help too.
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I want to be clear that Magellan Missions are not migrating to STO as my Command has, but we could potentially branch out. For example, we could visit the other PWE, Arc, or even Steam games, then come back and submit/edit brief write-ups. Our creativity and drive here is the real limiting factor.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Return to “Intelligence Branch”