Reassignments of Science Personnel

Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

After having a meeting with the Head of Personnel, it was agreed that to ensure that every ship and station in the Fleet had at least a couple of Science Officers aboard, some may be reassigned from their current locations.

The new numbers we are working toward would be 5 maximum Science Personnel per ship or station.

Chief Science Officer (CSO) Deputy Chief Science officer (DCSO) and up to 3 other Science Officers.

Pathfinder Research Facility may be most affected as that station currently has 11 Science Officers assigned there. SS Tranquility is maxed at 5 and USS Aviator stands at 4.

All HQs billets up to Division Vice Heads may also be assigned.

In this way all ships and stations will be staffed with needed Science Officers and as we grow we will
increase the limit when needed.

Personnel may be in contact with you or you can contact LT Winter Rexen/Head of Personnel for reassignment.
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

It's slow at work, so let's access the forum and stir the pot if we can. :)

First, why reassign people from PRF to other ships/stations?  If Lt Smith is a science officer at PRF and having fun there with the group, why force him/her to move?  Instead, couldnt we simply stop new assignments until others are better manned.  Less toes get stepped on that way, and if PRF has 11, being cut to 5, that's six sets of toes for people who may not want to move.  We still have new graduates, and we can assign them to the holes in the fleet.

Second, Mike has told Jadia and I that he would like to see PRF and Tranquility  24/7 stations, manned as much as possible.  This would take more then 5 people per dept.  I have to assume he has made the same requests to Cascadia, Athena and Alexandria as well.

Don't get me wrong, your solution may in fact be the correct one, I'm just opening it up to debate for clarification.
Wyp Luminos
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I already did the same max of 5 per ship/station.
CylonXD Slade
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Kinney Randt wrote: It's slow at work, so let's access the forum and stir the pot if we can. :)

First, why reassign people from PRF to other ships/stations?  If Lt Smith is a science officer at PRF and having fun there with the group, why force him/her to move?  Instead, couldnt we simply stop new assignments until others are better manned.  Less toes get stepped on that way, and if PRF has 11, being cut to 5, that's six sets of toes for people who may not want to move.  We still have new graduates, and we can assign them to the holes in the fleet.

Second, Mike has told Jadia and I that he would like to see PRF and Tranquility  24/7 stations, manned as much as possible.  This would take more then 5 people per dept.  I have to assume he has made the same requests to Cascadia, Athena and Alexandria as well.

Don't get me wrong, your solution may in fact be the correct one, I'm just opening it up to debate for clarification.

Agreed.
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Wyp Luminos wrote: I already did the same max of 5 per ship/station.
Which is fine for new arrivals.  I'm all for all ships and stations growing together.  My bigger question concerned actually taking people already asigned and moving them.  Are we seeking volunteers?  Cutting new orders?  Offering donuts as bribes?  etc :)
CylonXD Slade
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

EDIT:

I'm going to make a few emails - i need to know if this will be mandatory assignments, or something else.
Last edited by CylonXD Slade on 091125.1319, edited 1 time in total.
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

CylonXD Slade wrote: I'm going to make a Few emails - i don't like the prospect of Members being transferred against their will. 
That might not be happening, Cylon.  Let's be fair and give Kevin a chance to clarify.
Wyp Luminos
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

CylonXD Slade wrote: I'm going to make a Few emails - i don't like the prospect of Members being transferred against their will. 
I don't think Kevin would do this. Kevin would never do anything forceful like this to membership.
I think Personnel and Kevin will be working together to seek volunteers and work with the membership on this.
This is not to say that the personnel on over-cap crews will not eventually be whittled down to max.
Last edited by Wyp Luminos on 091125.1316, edited 1 time in total.
CylonXD Slade
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I'm not emailing to rant, i'm emailing to hear 'the bigger picture'.

Kevin will do his best job, as always, and he always has the best in mind for Science!
Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Hold on folks, we will not be forcing people to move against their will. We will however not accept any more for PRF , Tranquility station and a couple of others that have a few.

As far as graduates to fill positions, we currently only have 1-2 a month.

There are several ships and stations with no Science Officers aboard.

With the new changes concerning assignments, personnel now assigns everyone to a ship or station.

Also those that would like to move to a different assignment are now free to do so without the 3 month min posting.
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

We will however not accept any more for PRF , Tranquility station and a couple of others that have a few
How can you forbid people to join the ship/ station of their choice?

How about those that need people first provide some fun so people will actually wanna join them.

What you are creating now is people who want to join and be active simply wont because they cant go where they want to
In Service to United Federation Starfleet

Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Alright Mike, it is in your hands and personnel. Personnel told me that ships and stations need people and PRF had too many.

I will leave the management to them and just go back to my lab.  :D
Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Monarch
Ship/Station Posted: USS Monarch
Grid: Secondlife

Kinney I agree , too

I have 11 officers aboard, yes thats a lot, but I think everyone feels comfortable at PRF Science atm.
So , who of this fine officers I should fire or force to leave ??
And which criteria should I use to force someone to leave? -- With due respect I am afraid this will produce just frustration instead of motivation.

Well, maybe someone looking for a new challenge after reading this topic -  he can send in a transfer request and looking for a new assignment on an other station or ship, but first I like that everyone deserved a chance to be a good officer in my team ;)

** Ok, I read the other posts, too - after typing my own reply and noted the clarification from Kevin and Mike**
;)
Last edited by Nabuleone Rhode on 091125.1345, edited 1 time in total.
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

Alright Mike, it is in your hands and personnel. Personnel told me that ships and stations need people and PRF had too many.

NO, its not in my hands or in personnel for that matter. the ONLY one who can make this decision is the individual member

its not up to you, me or personnel to tell anyone how or where to serve.

I mean....who can say PRF has to many? Who decides what is to many? are the science officers in PRF happy? are they having fun? if yes.....why demotivate them by pulling some away from teh fun just because other ships or stations cant provide any fun that would want people joining them?
In Service to United Federation Starfleet

Zia Vaniva
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Mike Calhoun wrote:
We will however not accept any more for PRF , Tranquility station and a couple of others that have a few
How can you forbid people to join the ship/ station of their choice?

How about those that need people first provide some fun so people will actually wanna join them.

What you are creating now is people who want to join and be active simply wont because they cant go where they want to
Isn't that a bit of a double standard Mike? Command make up rules and changes all the time that tell members where they can and can't go and when. There is the double billet rule, the 3 month rules etc... If the overall aim of the change is to improve UFS RP and people are willing to volunteer to move then why not let Kevin try his plan?

Return to “Science Branch Archives”