Re: Old idea for a big RP called "Darwin's Haste"

Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: U.S.S. Monarch
Grid: Second Life

Today i've recalled an old idea from last year for a long during sim wide RP but i never could figure out how to do it and all and i never mentioned it to anyone. Best bet i got is a pure text based RP. The idea is a meteor crash near the UFS Colony which contains bio matter like premordial soup. While time passes this bio matter evolves into complex life and in the end a whole civilization in a short amount of time. So the whole evolution from single cellular organism to sentient species as it where.

Sources:

VOY: In a blink of a eye.
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/s ... 10468.html

Movie: Evolution
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0251075/
Captain Gijsjan Broek.
Science Officer of U.S.S. Monarch :enterprised:

"Astronomy compel the soul to look upwards, and leads us from this world to another" Plato

Access Service Jacket
Aryela Dagger
Command - Rear Admiral
Command - Rear Admiral
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Veracruz
Grid: Second Life Grid

((Off topic squeal: OMG, it's Jin!))

This would be a lot of fun to do in one of the Pinastri planets or even one of its moons. We could even develop it into a plot to slow it down and bam! Permanent neighbors. ^^
Access Service Jacket
-Changing something non-SJ related? E-mail wiki@ufstarfleet.org with change requests!
Duarhs Obscure
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I like this idea.  An ongoing, evolving (literally ;0) encounter with alien entity with random encounters and freeform groups?

Could it.. possibly.. be .. blue?  Just a personal preference.
Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Interesting idea. It would involve the Life Sciences as well as the Evolutionary Sciences to study the life forms as well as Physical Sciences to study the meteor and Social Sciences to understand how this will effect our civilization.  :)
Gijsjan Broek
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Chief Science Officer
Ship/Station Posted: U.S.S. Monarch
Grid: Second Life

This RP will be darn difficult to figure things out how to get things started and to keep the story going untill the end. If i do this for the whole RP from start to end i will fail like hell. I'm going to do this step by step like chapters and phases and i use the movie "Evolution" as a guideline. Kevin asked me to come up with a RP storyline so i will do my best and i consult with RP Masters and Mission Command. I will post the chapters here while i brainstorm things out.
Captain Gijsjan Broek.
Science Officer of U.S.S. Monarch :enterprised:

"Astronomy compel the soul to look upwards, and leads us from this world to another" Plato

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Science Branch Archives”