110627 - 110715 - REDOUBT (Medical Roleplay)

Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Thats an area for official Communication between Medical Officers and the Surgeon General during the Medical Roleplay REDOUBT !

ALL CONTRIBUTORS IN THE ROLEPLAY HAVE BEEN CONTACTED AND BRIEFED.
Corinneguilden Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

=============================================
United Federation Starfleet
<<SS Cascadia>>
<<003>>
Medical Log

Stardate:110706

Summary of the Vice Chief Medical Officer

The report from Dr Arlingkander has informed me that we have three patients that have the same strain of the flu that we are able to confirm with the facilities at our disposal . Based on her sound analysis of the situation i believe this strain of flu is highly contagious, we are working on the assumption that it is airborne but due to the limitation of our laboratories we are not able to determine the extent. I have taken the liberty of advising Dr Arlingkander to limit the contact of non-medical personnel with the patients as a precaution because anyone those three patients have been in contact with have a strong possibility of being infected. I will endeavor to keep you updated if we have any more cases of this flu.

Supplemental Reports

Computer, passcode Arlingkander Eta Beta Pi
Proceed Dr Lia

Stardate 110706

Report on current situation on the station to VCMO Corinne Guilden

We seem to currently be faced with a fast spreading flu on the station; so far we have had three reported cases that seem to be the same strain, I have since gathered blood samples from all three patients and I’m in the process of doing what I can to examine them with the science lab I borrowed.

You might get a minor, inconsequential complaint about that but I will tell you what really happened, just so there are no misunderstandings. Since our current medical lab is currently down for maintenance and severely undersized so I decided to ask Lt Zabrak about using the science lab. He was less than thrilled and nearly an entire Hidalgo tall so I decided that maybe nurse Smith could ask him, so they talked for five minutes and then I got to use the lab and he had to do something somewhere else.

So any complaints about other matters are probably kind of made up. Anyway, I started the examination of the blood samples but it’s hard since the facilities are more focused on robotics than medical. What I have been able to determine is that they are the same strand of the flu. Since Antonia complained about Lt Taselian sneezed on her five days ago. I’m going to assume that there is a five day incubation period, although that is still not proven, and it’s hard with the equipment at my disposal.

So for my birthday I would like a fully equipped medical lab. I believe it is only fair since it’s something we both can have use for and it would let us be more efficient.

Anyway, we seem to be dealing with a very aggressive case of the flu, symptoms found so far are:
1. Heavy Headaches
2. Minor fevers
3. Aches in joints
4. Nausea
5. Regurgitation

Supplemental Reports

Medical Officer's Log - SS Cascadia

Stardate 110702

Patient Name: Lt Dean Taselian

Initial Symptoms/Injuries Presented: Severe headache, Nausea, aching joints, fever

Final Diagnosis: The symptoms indicate that the patient is suffering from the flu

Treatment Summary: The patient came to the infirmary and told me that he was suffering from headaches, aching joints and that he was feeling nauseous. I then examined him and found that he had a fever and was suffering from a viral infection. I decided to treat the pain with 2.5 cc Morphenolog before injecting the patient with 10 CC antigen and 5 cc Syntethic antibodies.

Post-Treatment Care: The patient was told to get two days rest and to drink lots of fluids. I also told him to come back and see me if there was anything else.

Stardate 110704

Patient Name: Lt Commander Veryfluffy Wingtips

Initial Symptoms/Injuries Presented: Severe headache, Nausea, aching joints, fever

Final Diagnosis: The symptoms indicate that the patient is suffering from the flu

Treatment Summary: The commander came to the infirmary and explained that she was feeling nauseous and had a bad headache, just having diagnosed Lt Tasselin with the flu lead to me suspecting the same disease so I ran tests on her and as I suspected she showed the same symptoms as Lt Tasselin. I administered 2.5 cc Morphenolog for the pains and then injected the commander with 10 CC antigen and 5 cc Synthetic antibodies.

Post-Treatment Care: The patient was told to get a couple of days rest and to drink lots of fluids and to come back if she wasn’t better after two days.

Additional Comments: We have started working on a vaccine for this strain of the flu, in order to do this I got a blood sample from the commander and I will need to ask Lt Tasselin for a sample as well so I can make sure it’s the same disease. I have also told the medical staff to keep their eyes open for more cases of the flu and to take blood samples when the patients agree to it.

Stardate 110706

Patient Name: Antonia Gearbox

Initial Symptoms/Injuries Presented: Severe headache, Nausea, aching joints, fever, regurgitation

Treatment Summary: Miss Gearbox arrived in the infirmary, telling me that she had been sent there by Lt Finistair. It turns out she was suffering from the same symptoms that both Lt Taselian and Commander Wingtips was suffering from. At first she was worried that she might be pregnant but a scan didn’t show any signs of a pregnancy so I gave her 5cc Morphenolog for her intense pain. I then asked if she would let me take a blood sample, she agreed with some reluctance but passed out as I took the sample. She came around quickly though and I gave her 10 cc antigens and 5 cc Synthetic Antibodies.

Post-Treatment Care: The patient regurgitated on two separate occasions during the examination so I arranged for her to be given guest quarters that she could rest up in. I told her to get a couple of days rest and to drink lots of fluids and to come back if she got worse.

Additional Comments: So far the lack of proper laboratory equipment has made the study of the disease most difficult, I’m going to have to consult my VCMO on how to proceed. Especially since we now have three separate cases that would seem to suffer from the same disease.

In Service
Signed: Lianna Arlingkander
Medical Officer
SS Cascadia

Computer, End Report

In Service
Signed:
Corinne Guilden
Vice Chief Medical officer
SS Cascadia
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Nimbus
Stardate: 110706
===============================================

To: All Medical Personnel (who is taking part in this RP)

I got notification from Dr. Guilden that we have several cases of Flu on SS Cascadia.

Herby all Medical Personal is ordered to inform Medical Command about Patients with the following symptomes:

1. Heavy Headache
2. Minor fever
3. Aches in joints
4. Nausea

Also make sure to check the Biofilters for any unusual readings or signs to prevent further infections.

In Service
Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Rhea Czavicevic
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Tranquility
Stardate: 110706

To: Surgeon General Piper John

This is Very disturbing to hear. I examined 2 patients with these same symptoms yesterday. I will start checks on the Biofilters now.

In Service
Lt. (JG) Rhea Czavicevic
Acting VCMO SS Tranquility
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110706
=====================================================================

To: Lt. jg. Corinne Guilden - VCMO SS Cascadia
Lt. jg. Rhea Czavicevic - Acting VCMO SS Tranquility

That are very serious informations.
Due to several cases of the flu on your Stations you are herby required to do full Crew Physicals and quaranteen the currently affected crew to their Quarters. Please keep me informed when there are further cases.

Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110707

To: Lt. jg. Corinne Guilden - VCMO SS Cascadia
Lt. jg. Rhea Czavicevic - Acting VCMO SS Tranquility
Lt. Cmdr. Sounj Winslet - CMO Pathfinder Research Facility

I got word from PRF Medical that they also have cases of this Flu. All Patients have to be quarantien in their Quarters and blood samples has to be drawn and send to SS Tranquility for further investigations.

Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Corinneguilden Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Cascadia
Stardate: 110707

I am becoming increasingly concerned because the number of cases of this particular strain of flu appear to be increasing. We can now confirm that we have 20 cases. On Dr Arlingkander's recommendation we have took the decision to quarantine the patients and have informed them of the situation as it stands.We are willing to transmit all the data that we have in regards to the strain of flu and the blood samples are on their way to SS Tranquility.

In Service
Lt. (JG) Corinne Guilden
VCMO SS Cascadia
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starflee - SS Nimbus
===================================================

To: Lt. jg. Corinne Guilden - Vice CMO SS Cascadia

That are really alarming news and i really hope we can find a cure for this special flu.

Herby you are ordered to transport all infected crew members to Sickbay. Cascadia Sickbay is locked down. Make sure all Medical officers wear portable sterilization fields at all time when working with the infected Officers.

Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Corinneguilden Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Cascadia

They are more cases turning up, a hundred reports from medical personnel of civilian's that are showing signs of developing the stage one of the flu and thirty more confirmed with the flu.I have ordered all the infected civilians and crew members to the infirmary and locked it down with the assistance of my medical teams and Dr Arlingkander. We have also ensured that each medical crew member has been given a portable sterilization field to ensure they themselves do not get infected.

These are the symptoms of stage 2 of this strain of flu and i would advise all medical personnel to look out for them:

1. Bloody nose
2. Bloody diarrhea
3. Vomiting, at first normal then later bloody.
4. Higher fever
5. Loss of balance
6. Bruise easily
7. face swells

In Service
Lt. (JG) Corinne Guilden
VCMO SS Cascadia
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

===================================================

Meeting Records

Desease Name: Taselian Flu H2N1

Sympthoms Stage 1:

1. Heavy Headache
2. Minor fever
3. Aches in joints
4. Nausea

Sympthoms Stage 2:

1. Bloody nose
2. Bloody diarrhea
3. Vomiting, at first normal then later bloody.
4. Higher fever
5. Loss of balance
6. Bruise easily
7. face swells

Meeting Chat Log:

[11:41] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Good Evening Commander, Rhea *nods her head faintly towards them both*
[11:42] Piper John smiles at Corinne and Rhea. Greetings both
[11:42] Rhea Lynn Czavicevic: Greetings Commander, Corinne
[11:42] Piper John: it is a pitty that this meeting is because of such a worse situation
[11:42] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Indeed but we have to combine our efforts
[11:43] Piper John nods. Lets start with Rhea
[11:43] Piper John: What are your outcomings of your researches on the blood samples?
[11:44] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): *she tilts her head, listening to rhea's words*
[11:45] Rhea Lynn Czavicevic: Well the outcoming of the blood samples does show it is a kind of flu. But one i have never seen before.
[11:46] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Yes it is much more severe and is very contagious, the number of cases on Cascadia Station are rising at an alarming rate
[11:47] Rhea Lynn Czavicevic: Indeed. In all blood samples i found the same bacterias
[11:48] Piper John: So it is not just a simple flu. That means we need to find out from where it come
[11:48] Piper John: and how it come to Pinastri
[11:49] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Yes surely their must be a source
[11:49] Piper John: We have to find Patient Zero then.
[11:50] Piper John: I think it would be best to order our Bio Hazard team to do this researches
[11:50] Piper John: Any idea who could Patient Zero be?
[11:50] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): I would have to concur and i would suspect it would be the patient that has the most severe symptoms
[11:51] Piper John nods. who is that at the moment? Lt. Taselian?
[11:53] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Yes Lt. Taselian
[11:54] Piper John nods. I see
[11:55] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): It would be the best place for the Bio Hazard team to start
[11:56] Piper John: Well as it is this worse, Lt. jg. Czavicevic you are ordered to transport all infected Crew Members to Sickbay and lock Sickbay down. Make sure you and your crew wear portable sterilisation fields at any time you are with the patients. Same Orders for PRF Medics. I got informed there are cases too
[11:57] Rhea Lynn Czavicevic: We allready started to transport the Patients to Sickbay and lock Sickbay down as soon as the last Patient is brought there.
[11:57] Piper John: Excellent Rhea.
[11:57] Piper John: Corinne you already transported the Patients to sickbay?
[11:58] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): *nods* Yes i've done that immediately to try to at least limit the spread of the flu
[11:59] Piper John nods.
[11:59] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): They are many lives at stake and its our responsibility to ensure they are safe
[11:59] Piper John: Rhea please continue your work with the blood samples. we really need to find a cure for this. I don't want that this is spreading too much
[11:59] Piper John: I agree Corinne
[12:00] Piper John: I will inform Command about creating a Hazard Team. They should be aware of
[12:01] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): I think we need to come up with a name for the disease because by calling it the flu many may not realize the severity
[12:02] Piper John: aww. yes true. any suggestions for a name?
[12:03] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): I think it is normal for a disease to be named after one of the first patients that had it
[12:05] Piper John: hmm.......
[12:05] Piper John: Taselian H2N1 ? maybe
[12:06] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Yes i think that sounds fitting
[12:06] Piper John nods. then this is it
[12:06] Piper John: Taselian H2N1
[12:07] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): This should avoid confusion
[12:07] Piper John: i think so too. I will do the meeting records right after this meeting so everyone is aware of the situation.
[12:08] Piper John: I will also contact Command regarding the Hazard team
[12:08] Piper John: Please make sure that you and your crew are wearing this portable sterilization fields all the time. and keep me informed when there are further cases
[12:08] Rhea Lynn Czavicevic nods. Yes Ma'am
[12:08] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): I will make it so Commander
[12:09] Piper John: Thank you all for coming. I think we are ready with the meeting
[12:09] Piper John: I really hope we soon will find a cure
[12:10] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): I certainly hope so, we are being overwhelmed by patients in Cascadia
[12:10] Piper John: When you need help let me know. I could send the Nimbus Medical staff to assist you
[12:11] Corinne Guilden (corinneguilden): Thank you Commander
[12:12] Piper John: Thanks for your hard work all.
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

================================================

To: Lt. Morath Landfall - CO Medical Hazard Team

Greetings Lieutenant

Do to the current cases on Cascadia and Tranquility you and your Team are herby ordered to track down Patient Zero and trace his movements. Please get in touch with Cascadia Medical Staff for further informations. Keep me informed about all informations you get.
And of course you are required to keep this confidential. We don't want to have a mass hysteria.

Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110707

To: Commander Valerius Swansong - Chief of UF Starfleet Operations

Greetings Sir

Due to the current Situation on SS Cascadia and SS Tranquility i ordered a Medical Bio Hazard Team to get informations about Patient Zero and how the disease comes to Pinastri. The Situation is currently under Control. All Patients are quarantend to Sickbays and both, Cascadia and Tranquility Sickbay are locked down until further notice. Tranquility Lab is currently working on finding a cure for this disease.
I will keep you informed about this Situation

In Service
Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Valerius Swansong
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Stardate: 110706.1256
From: CMDR Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
To: CMDR Piper John, Surgeon General, UFS Medical

Re: Medical Biohazard

Greetings Doctor:

Thank you for your advisory note on the situation on both SS Tranquility and SS Cascadia. Whilst I appreciate your advice and information on this matter, Command will need to know if a Quaratine order is to be placed on all travel between these stations, as well as the nature of the infection. I have no doubt that you and your teams are working around the clock to determine the origin, pathology and nature of this. As an ex-Medical officer, I know how quickly disease can spread if unchecked.

I defer to your judgement on this matter, and will ensure that you get full co-operation from the fleet on this.

Swansong out.
Morath Landfall
Changeling
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid: SL & 3RG

UNITED FEDERATION STARFLEET-SS ALEXANDRIA

TO: Cmdr Piper John, Surgeon General-UFS Medical

FROM: Lt Morath Landfall, Chief Medical Officer-SS Alexandria

RE: Flu

Doctor,

I have had two cases in my infirmary...one, a cadet, is complaining of the symptoms described as PHASE I....he has been confined to quarters. Patient two is in PHASE II....Dr Shilling is treating him at this time.....will keep you posted on the conditions.
CMDR Morath Landfall
Executive Officer - SS Astraios
Personnel Officer-Office of Personnel Administration
Delta Company Graduate 101005

Access Service Jacket
Morath Landfall
Changeling
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid: SL & 3RG

To: Cmdr Piper John-Surgeon General, UFS Medical

Ma'am,

My team will be deploying ...Will notify you of our findings.

Landfall out
CMDR Morath Landfall
Executive Officer - SS Astraios
Personnel Officer-Office of Personnel Administration
Delta Company Graduate 101005

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Medical Branch Archives”