110627 - 110715 - REDOUBT (Medical Roleplay)

Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Nimbus
Stardate: 110708
======================================================

Meeting Records -with CO Medical Hazard Team

[10:24] Piper John: Ok. well i was reviewing all the Medical records i got. the spreading of this virus is really alarming
[10:24] Piper John: There are currently three sickbays locked down
[10:24] Morath Landfall nods
[10:25] Morath Landfall: Dr Shilling reported two cases on the Alex yesterday
[10:26] Piper John: that seems to be an epidemic.
[10:26] Piper John: i am afraid i need to lock down all sickbays
[10:26] Piper John: and maybe have the airways closed too
[10:26] Piper John: If i see that right the incubation time is about 5 days
[10:27] Piper John: we don't know how many are really infected
[10:27] Piper John: How was your research yesterday with the Hazard Team. Did you found anything what could help us?
[10:28] Morath Landfall nods "we have.....while searching patient zero's quarters we discovered a statue..."
[10:29] Piper John: a Statue?
[10:29] Morath Landfall: Yes ma'am
[10:29] Piper John: what can you tell me about?
[10:31] Morath Landfall: its of alien origin....writing on the statue was Tarellian....
[10:31] Morath Landfall: i have a holo-image if you'd like to see it?
[10:32] Piper John: yes please
[10:33] Morath Landfall nods and places a imager unit on the table
[10:34] Piper John looks on the Statue
[10:35] Morath Landfall: this is the source....Dr Gracemount scanned the statue and confirms the virus is on it
[10:36] Piper John nods. I see.
[10:36] Piper John: So Lt. Taselian is really patient Zero then
[10:37] Morath Landfall: we secured it and transported via shuttle to Tranquility.....Dr Czavicevic is running test on it.
[10:37] Morath Landfall nods his head sadly "yes...he's patient zero"
[10:38] Morath Landfall: we've managed to trace his movements of the past few days....
[10:39] Piper John nods. can you send me a padd of his movements?
[10:39] Piper John: please
[10:40] Morath Landfall: yes...a moment...
[10:41] Morath Landfall hands you a padd "as you can see, the lieutenant has been to several locations"
[10:41] Piper John looks on the padd........ omg......... i am wondering that not more are infected yet.
[10:42] Morath Landfall: same here....and truthfully, I am scared to find out
[10:43] Morath Landfall: there's definately unreported cases yet
[10:43] Piper John: I am sure there are.
[10:43] Piper John: I will inform command of the situation
[10:43] Piper John: and lock down all sickbays
[10:43] Piper John: and we also have to close the airway
[10:44] Morath Landfall: yes ma'am....i've ordered portable sterilization units issued to my staff
[10:46] Piper John: ok. lets lock the airway around the stations
[10:47] Piper John: ok. anything else you can tell me? If not then i would say we finish the meeting and hurry to find a cure
[10:48] Morath Landfall: not at this time commander.....my team is ready and standing by
[10:48] Piper John nods good. Thanks for the update.
[10:48] Morath Landfall shuts off the imager and takes it
[10:50] Morath Landfall: I'll be on my way to the Alex and lock her down
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

===========================================

To: All Station CMO's

Effective this time all Sickbays have to be closed down. The Virus has the state of an Epidemic now. Make sure that all Patients are confined to Sickbay. Let me know when there are new cases.

In Service
Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

===================================================

To: Commander Valerius Swansong - Chief of Starfleet Operations

Greetings Commander
Unfortunately i have to inform you that this Virus has reached the state of an Epidemic now. I ordered all Sickbays to be locked down. Tranquility Lab is currently working on the development of an antidode. Nevertheless I suggest to place an Quaratine order on all travel between the stations beside Medical Shuttles.

In Service
Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Corinneguilden Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Cascadia
===============================================

To: Surgeon General Piper John

One of our patient's Veryfluffy has now advanced to stage two of the disease and they are 150 confirmed cases as reported by the Cascadia Pathologist Dr Arlingkander. We have decided to set up triage center's in deck 3 in an attempt to limit the viruses exposure to the rest of the station and have restricted access to medical personnel. I will do my utmost to keep you informed.

In Service
Lt. (JG) Corinne Guilden
VCMO SS Cascadia
Morath Landfall
Changeling
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid: SL & 3RG

BIOHAZARD TEAM DUTY LOG LT Landfall recording........

We have identified "Patient Zero".....upon arriving at his office, I posted our security to secure the area while the rest of the team made entry. As we searched, I noticed a statue on patient zero's desk.....further scans by Dr Gracemount revealed that the virus was on the statue......the writing on the statue was identified as Tarellian. The statue was places into a sealed containment unit and was transported to the labs at SS Tranquility via medical shuttle.

Patient Zero's movements have been traced to the following locations....

Pathfinder Research Facility
Cascadia Shipyards
Tranquility Station
Club Latnium

END RECORDING
CMDR Morath Landfall
Executive Officer - SS Astraios
Personnel Officer-Office of Personnel Administration
Delta Company Graduate 101005

Access Service Jacket
Valerius Swansong
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Stardate: 110708.1543
From: CMDR Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
To: CMDR Piper John, Surgeon General, UFS Medical

Re: Quarantine order

Greetings Doctor:

Thank you for this message. Effective immediately, we will issue a Quarantine order on all non-essential travel within the Pinastri star system.

Swansong out.
wraith Fride
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

- Star date : 65126.6683
- Terran Date : 2011-07-08
- Terran Time : 22;53;slt

- Incoming Subspace communication from USS Avenger .
- LT. Wraith Fride D.M.O On Away mission To outer rim
We have answered distress call from SS Alpha 3 and have arrived and are compling with Quarinetine orders from Star fleet UFS ...Boarding party all suited up and teleported on board SS Alpha and are running scans on all personal .
Our engineers are assisting SS Alpha 3 engineers in running level 5 scans on all life support systems as we speak
Crew onboard have science team checking logs and archival subspace communications to see if they can determine where the virus was first contacted .
- glad we have the extra crews onboard to assist with these tasks .

Computer :

- Save and end transmition
Rhea Czavicevic
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Tranquility

Spent the Day working hard to create an Anti virus in the hopes to cure the infected. Finally about 2200 I completed my work. I tested the New anti virus on both Lt. (JG) Jamie Czavicevic and Lt. (JG) Skot Brit, unfortunately there were no results from it not even a small break in their fevers. More data is needed i believe, however i will keep working to create a variation of the serum that will work.

In Service
Lt. (JG) Rhea Czavicevic
Acting VCMO SS Tranquility
Morath Landfall
Changeling
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: SS Astraios
Grid: SL & 3RG

PHYSICAL EXAM LOG-110709...Dr Landfall recording....

My team was ordered to the welcome center to assist a visitor....the visitor was a trader who sold the statue to patient zero and was presenting mild symptoms of the illness.

he had fever and cough, I took a blood sample and tested it....the results show he was infected with a mutated strain of the virus....the mutation made it non-contagious
CMDR Morath Landfall
Executive Officer - SS Astraios
Personnel Officer-Office of Personnel Administration
Delta Company Graduate 101005

Access Service Jacket
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110709
==========================================================

Yesterday a Trader appeared in the Welcome Center asking for help for his people. After Lt. Landfall and Lt. jg. Starr brought him to the Isolation Tent on PRF Roof where they found out that the Trader has the same illness as our people, in a mutated form and not contagious i had a Video Conference with the Trader and Lt. Landfall.

The Name of the Trader is Hadran, he is a Whisperer of the Chessu and sells information and illegal goods. His clan trades in the Midgar Sector.

The Tarellian plague ship was found drifting in Yontasa Expanse in the Midgar Sector. The Trader’s didn’t know at the time who it belonged to. They boarded it and found the crew dead and locked in their quarters. They looted the ship. They have gone through the quadrant selling the loot.

When Hadran came to the WC he asked for a Dean. Immediately it was clear he meant Dean Taselian. We found out that HE sold Dean the cantagious Statue we found in Deans Office.
I told Hadran that Dean is seriously ill and that we have an Epidemie in the Pinastri Sector. We are working hard to find a cure.
Hadran said that his People are ill too. The Whisperers got sick after they went to the ship. They didn’t recognize the ship or it’s species. All crew dead and locked in quarters. One of the crew seemed different than the others. They took anything that looked valuable. They have sold quite a bit of it. In sickbay they saw coded notes, vials with liquids, and the SF symbol on the notes. (The reason why he decided to contact us). People are getting sick all over the Midgar Sector. .

As Hadran is not contagious i autorized a Mission to the Midgar Sector. Our Medical BioHazard Team and Hadran, who will show them the way, will go there and find out if this people on the drifting ship was near to find a cure for this illness. The Biohazard Team is required to take all samples and bring them back to Tranquility.

We need to find a cure....
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate: 110709
================================================

To: Commander Valerius Swansong - Chief of UF Starfleet Operations

Greetings Commander

We have new information about the Virus. A Trader, his name is Hadran, appeared in the Welcome Center yesterday. He told us about a drifting Ship in the Midgard Sector where the Statue comes from, Hadran sold to Dean. As the Statue is very contagious and in isolation in the Tranquility Lab, we think that this Virus maybe spreads from this Ship.
On another note the Trader mentioned SF signs on the drifting Ship, the reason why he decided to contact us.

I request permission to send our Medical BioHazard Team together with Hadran to the plaque Ship in the Midgar Sector, to do some researches and collect all Medical samples on the Ship. It is possible that they was close to find a cure for this Virus.

In Service
Commander Piper John
Surgeon General
Valerius Swansong
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Stardate: 110710.0114
From: CMDR Valerius Swansong, Chief of UF Starfleet Operations
To: CMDR Piper John, Surgeon General, UFS Medical
cc: LT Josie Sauber, Fleet Strategist; CAPT Mendak, Commanding Officer, USS Nightingale

Re: Deployment Orders

Greetings Doctor:

Thank you for the information sent through re: Hadran. I have sent orders through to the USS Nightingale, an Olympic class Hospital ship. At best speed, the Midgar sector is approximately 6 days away. You are therefore cleared to board the USS Nightingale and head to the co-ordinates given.

Good hunting.

Swansong out.
Rhea Czavicevic
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Tranquility
Stardate: 110710

Jamie and Skot both have now advanced to stage two of the disease and they are 200 confirmed cases of stage one here on tranquility. I will keep you informed as i know more.

In Service
Lt. (JG) Rhea Czavicevic
Acting VCMO SS Traquility
Corinneguilden Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

United Federation Starfleet - SS Cascadia
Stardate: 110710

Lt Dean Mchunter condition is moving into a critical stage so i sought to inform you of the report sent to me via my medical officer Dr Arlingkander. We had no alternative but to put him in a stasis chamber, you will find more details in the report below.

=============================================
Supplemental Report

Computer, Passcode Arlingkander Eta Beta Pi

Code accepted Dr Lia, proceed

Medical Officer’s Report – SS Cascadia

Dr Guilden, I am hereby informing you that Lt Dean McHunter has grown worse, moving into what I consider the third stage of the disease. His symptoms are: Being unable to walk, lost control of bowels, bleeding from nose, ears and tear ducts, hallucinations, coughing and breathing up blood, white of eyes turned red, racing heart. As I sedated him there seemed to be the beginning of muscle spasms but he relaxed once sedated.

I believe this is the final stage of the disease so I put the Lt in a stasis chamber, to give him the best chance of survival. There might be more symptoms but the need of the patient comes first and I believe that any further symptoms might be ones leading to death. I am not willing to experiment on the matter though.

In Service
Lianna Arlingkander
Medical Officer
SS Cascadia
=============================================

In Service
Lt. (JG) Corinne Guilden
VCMO SS Cascadia
Piper John
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110710
===========================================

To: Lt.jg. Guilden - Vice CMO SS Cascadia
Lt. jg. Czavicevic - Act. Vice CMO SS Tranquility

That are really alarming news. Our Hazard Team is on their way to the plaque Ship and i hope they come back with good news.
Nevertheless we have to do further steps to avoid more infections. I will inform Command about the Situation.
Please stand by for further Orders.

Commander Piper John
Surgeon General

Return to “Medical Branch Archives”