Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: SecondLife

To: Commodore Kermie Wistwallow
Security Division Commander
Re: Retirement

It is with great sadness, that after much soul-searching and thought, I have decided to submit my formal retirement from UFS. Truly, this has been one of the toughest decisions I have made in my 8+ years in SL. This is not a dissatisfaction with UFS, its leadership, nor its direction. I think UFS has begun to right itself after the setbacks of a few years ago. The Academy seems to be gaining strength, and I see new people in the Supply Deck every time I visit.

Unfortunately, my RL has become so much busier. I have been largely absent the last couple of months because of my involvement in local theatre. This has taken me away from my duties as a Colony Commander for Security, and as Executive Officer of Tranquility and I have felt guilty for seemingly abandoning my posts. My involvement in RL activities will not lesson as I am part of a cast for a webseries, as well as having a featured role in a University Opera production. Additionally, I have taken on leadership roles in the theatre company I act in and, as a result, I just don't see how I can maintain my duties with the same level of energy and enthusiasm these posts deserve. That doesn't even include my duties as a high school teacher where I am also responsible for directing plays during the year.

I leave behind many friends, but hopefully not the friendships forged in my time here. I am proud of my accomplishments as Colony Commander (Security Branch Commander/Regional Director) Up until this year I held regular meetings for Security Branch, during which we were able to follow and participate in missions across UFS. We hosted dances and functions, conducted sim-wide Security-oriented RPs for training, and kept open communication between all the grids and Sec001. I am pleased that I stayed in this position longer than any of my predecessors, but I am also saddened that my time constraints prevented me from continuing to make Security Branch the most vibrant and active branch in Starfleet.

I am grateful for the opportunities and the wonderful talents of the people who have dedicated themselves to making UFS fun, meaningful, and challenging. I grew as a person and a player when I first became a member of the crew of SS Tranquility under Capt Kinney Randt, to my first transfer to Security branch to my return as Executive Officer of Tranquility under Capt Thallanor Rasmuson. I will continue to grow from my years as a Starfleet Officer.

Although I will be largely absent from SL, I may pop in from time to time to listen to music, dance, and visit with old friends of which i have many from my days with UFS. We have been through a lot together. We have struggled to rebuild and make UFS work, watched mass migrations and defections, laughed, loved, and supported each other through it all. Although I may not be with you in UFS, rest assured I will continue to aim for the second star to the right and go straight on 'til morning.

Live Long and Prosper

Crystal out

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

Sad to see you go, but totally understandable - sounds like real life is really taking off, congratulations on your success in theatre and music!! Thanks for all you've done for UFS, and best wishes for the future,

warm regards,
Poison
Vice Admiral Poison Toocool | Command
-Joint Chief, UF Starfleet Communications
-CO, Denkiri Centre for Creativity
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

UFS Service Jacket
Kinney Randt
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: Commanding Officer - USS Veracruz
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid:

Thank you for what you said there, Siobhan, and thank you for your years of service to the entire fleet. You will definitely be missed. Take care of yourself and I hope to see you around UFS and the Veracruz one day soon.
Teresa Firelight
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: Unknown
Grid: Unknown

Best wishes to you.... btw, what is Real Life? :)

-T
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Admiral
Command - Admiral
Duty Post: Deputy CinC, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: Headquarters
Grid: Second Life

Best wishes and fair winds.

You where and remain a valuable member of UFS, I hope to see you around, and thank you for all you have done
Admiral
Deputy Commander in Chief
Jamie Czavicevic
Intelligence - Fleet Captain
Intelligence - Fleet Captain
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted:
Grid: Second Life

Sio it has been a pleasure working with you all these years we came up together though the academy and you were my Vice chief on Tranquility before we transfered to veracruz and after you became head of security you RPed on Banshee several times. You will be missed.

Return to “Security Branch Archives”