Security Branch Sponsored Events

Should Security Branch Events be Security only or open to all?

Poll ended at 130528.2118

1. Security Branch Only.
No votes
2. Open events to all.
29%
3. I never attend social events in USF.
14%
4. 3 to 4 events per year with 1 being dedicated to Security Branch only.
57%

Total votes: 7
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander
Duty Post: Executive Officer
Ship/Station Posted: USS Atlas
Grid: SecondLife

The previous poll concerned general interest in Security Branch sponsored events. The majority of voters supported the events, however the total number of voters was less half of the total members in Security. This poll concerns focus on Security branch or USF inclusive. Feel free to make comments in reply.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket
BenjaminBastian Hermans
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Though not a member of Security Branch, I think I would like to comment this.

Why not have both? I mean it is generally not a bad idea to include UFS in events and have them to know the branches... especially for Cadets, Civilians and those new to Trek (yes, there are those people around), could benefit from such events.

On the other hand, branch exclusive events for just personnel of the branch every now and then are a good and important thing too. It is an opportunity for the branch members to meet, socialize, talk, etc. while still being under themselves... what ever kind of event that is, it can be important...

So well... there was no option for it, but I would go with both.
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander

I toyed with that suggestion and it is always a possibility. I am not speaking in terms of monthly events, either, more like maybe three or four during the year. I can always add that option, however, if people would like to vote on it. I just wanted to keep things as simple as possible this time. Thanks for the suggestion and your input Benjamin.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read." --- Groucho Marx

Access Service Jacket
Poison Toocool
Command - Vice Admiral
Command - Vice Admiral
Duty Post: CO
Ship/Station Posted: Denkiri Centre
Grid: 3rd Rock Grid

As we at Astraios run many events weekly and monthly, I would suggest that you consider the purpose of the Security Branch events. Is it to create a sense of family and connection among existing Security personnel? Is it to invite Cadets and Civilian members to come along and learn more about the Branch? Or is it to act as host in an event that is all-inclusive of Sector 001 members, thereby accomplishing the first two objectives but also fostering relationships with other Branches. Whatever the objectives, we at Astraios support your efforts and you may expect one or more of us to represent our Chapter and crew at your events, no matter what grid they are on.

Best,
Captain Toocool
Vice Admiral Poison Toocool | Command
-Joint Chief, UF Starfleet Communications
-CO, Denkiri Centre for Creativity
-UFS Honor Guard Commander

Delta Company Graduate 110104

UFS Service Jacket
Kevin Fremont
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

* Wonders if Security functions will have plenty of security there. ;)
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander

As we at Astraios run many events weekly and monthly, I would suggest that you consider the purpose of the Security Branch events. Is it to create a sense of family and connection among existing Security personnel? Is it to invite Cadets and Civilian members to come along and learn more about the Branch? Or is it to act as host in an event that is all-inclusive of Sector 001 members, thereby accomplishing the first two objectives but also fostering relationships with other Branches. Whatever the objectives, we at Astraios support your efforts and you may expect one or more of us to represent our Chapter and crew at your events, no matter what grid they are on.
Yes

Thank you for your support. I am happy to say Astraios is always well represented at Security Branch events and meetings.

The primary goal of Security Branch-sponsored events is to highlight Security Branch as a vibrant, active branch that is inclusive to all. Secondary goals are to bring Branch members closer together so we can build that vibrant arm of UFS I dream of, to have fun, and to foster relationships other branches as well as allowing people to create and renew relationships between chapters.

* Wonders if Security functions will have plenty of security there.
Of course, but hopefully you won't know we are watching ;-)

Access Service Jacket
Selenmoira Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I think other branches could take you to the example for themself and follow in your footsteps.
Siobhan Crystal
Command - Commander
Command - Commander

Thank you, Selenmoira Resident

My main goal is to bring everyone from Security Branch closer, but it is something I see a need for in UFS as well. Ben does a lot of great things in Club Latinum, but not many are well attended. It is very difficult finding just the right time that works for everyone.

Sio

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Security Branch Archives”