Personal Log: Captain Oldrich

osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Captain Oldrich Personal Log
Stardate 110701

Late last night I recieved a subspace message from my aunt (my mother´s sister) I was surprised since I didn´t have
news about my relatives after the incident of Wolf 359 with the Borg where my parents died. I didn´t even know that
they knew I was alive and as a former drone joined to Starfleet.
Someway it was a good feeling to know about her but I´m not sure what to do, my memory is incomplete about those
days in earth and I was so young when my parents and I used to go to Buenos Aires to visit my aunt Claudia. Anyway...
I need time to think about it.

About work, I need to check some officers work and specially I´m concern about the baryon sweep that it is imperative
to run in our fleet, those vessels were in space for so long and they really need this clean.
The baryon sweep is a procedure used to eliminate baryon particles from a starship. The baryons accumulate as a natural
side-effect of warp travel and generally need to be removed every five years to keep harmful radiation from building
up.
The sweep can be accomplished at specialized space stations and Cascadia is prepared for it. The sweep is green in color
and resembles a force field, capable of passing through solid matter. The strength of the sweep can be adjusted and made
more effective for a ship which has made heavy use of its warp drive.
I will talk to Gotham about it we need to organize these sweeps as soon as possible of course all depends on the arrival
of the ships to Pinastri.

Computer end log and save.
osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Captain Oldrich Personal log
Stardate 110702

Long time since I put my own hands in the repair of a shuttle!, it was good to work again with the tools in hands, the office and paperwork let us forget the adreanline to work directly with the engineering tools. After the repair I had to check that shuttle so I decide it to do it flying to Latinum and in the meantime I could have a little rest from the pressure of work.

It was not a bad idea since I found some comrades who I haven´t seen in a long time, Gijsjan Broek and Mac Gaelyth.
After a while my officer and friend Lt. Dean Taselian arrived and joined us in the conversation. Dean gave me a gift and it really looks good in my office, it is some kind of crystal shinning with the lights, he told me he bought it from some guy he found in the welcome center, I do not have much knoledge about geology or archeology but that thing looks great in my office (laugh)
Dean did not stay long with us and he returned to HQ in Cascadia, since there are a lot of pending work in ASDB and
considering his boss was there he had not much choices (laugh again).
I didn´t decide yet whether or not to visit my family on Earth, but is something that I must consider soon.

Computer End Log and save.
osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110703

I feel weird, not sure why but everything looks different, this office... it´s... it´s like if I were here for first time... feelings, more strange I haven´t been emotional for long time, at least I do not remember when was the last time, maybe my ant message moved something inside me. I wonder what the heck I´m talking about...

Computer... read my notes of the notepadd and transfer it to my log...

(computer: "working")

Species 116
Borg designation for a technologically advanced humanoid civilization in Delta Quadrant. They were talented linguist, who knew more than a hundred languages. Centuries ago the Borg first tried to assimilate, but they were mocked and shunned until 2374 when they could assimilate 20,000 individuals of this species.
Species 125
The Borg Queen is part of the species 125.
Species 149
Borg designation for a technologically advanced humanoid civilization in the medical sciences. The Borg assimilated into 149 species, giving them a technique to revive a dead borg drone using modified nanoprobes.
Species 180
Borg designation for the Ferengi.
Species 218
Borg designation for Talaxians.
Species 259
Lifesform who lived in the Galactic Cloud 3. The Borg assimilated into this lifesform, getting in exchange their technique of self-regeneration sequence.
Species 262
Delta Quadrant Early Civilization assimilated in 2145. The Borg assimilate obtained at an interesting mythological story, which mentions a powerful substance that can burn the sky. The substance may have been the Omega molecule.
Species 263
Delta Quadrant civilization, considered primitive by the Borg. The 263 species believed the Omega molecule was a drop of blood of the creator.
Species 312
This species uses an energy barrier technology similar to that found 7 of 9 and Chakotay on an exploration mission.
Species 329
Borg designation for Kazon civilization . The Kazon are not worthy of being assimilated.
Species 521
Borg designation for Shivolians.
Species 571
Humanoid civilization. Nine of Four was a member of this race, who opposed the disarmament of a drone killed because it went against the will of Brothara, a supernatural deity worshiped by Species 571.
Species 689
Borg designation for Norcadians. Mezoti a member of this race.
Species 3259
Borg designation for the Vulcans. The Vulcan neocortex produces superior analytical abilities.
Species 4228
Designation for Hazary, humanoid race of the Delta Quadrant. The hazary are technologically advanced and extremely violent. They are hired by other races in the quadrant to capture and deliver alien craft.
Species 5174
Borg designation for a Delta Quadrant civilization.
Species 5618
Borg Queen mentioned Humans as Species 5618. She described us as a race capable of warp originating in the grid 325 of physiology inefficient, low cranial capacity, minimal redundant systems and limited regenerative ability.
Species 5973
When Neelix tells of an entity may not corporeal in nature, suggests it may be Rebien the Species 5973, which was discovered by the Borg in the galaxy cluster 8.
Species 6291
Borg designation for Yridianos.
Species 6339
Technologically advanced civilization, possessing ability to warp and original spatial grid 124. The Borg assimilated 11 billion individuals of this species. The survivors created a virus that affected the link between the borg.
Species 6961
Borg designation for race Ktarians. Erin and Magnus Hansen discussed a drone on the ship Raven: "Species 6961 ... ... Ktarian Tritanium infrastructure is a tactical drone.
Species 8472
Way of life that exists in a fluid space, which is located outside of our universe. In 2373 the Borg entered the fluid space with the intention of assimilating this species, all of the borg ships destroyed and 8472 allowing the species to enter our galaxy.
10026 Species
Seven of Nine participated in the similación of 329,000 humanoid species.

(Computer: "Transfer complete")

Computer end Log and save
osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110706

Not sure what is happenig lately, but I do not feel well at all. This headache is killing me which it is weird since I never experimented such pain. After my last craneal implant removal last year everything went so well. I just keep a few, my ear and ocular and of course my asimilation tubules. The doctor said they cannot be removed since they are controlled directly by my cortical node but he said everything would be allright and it suppose I would not experiment any pain.
My skin doesn´t look well too, I do not like to waste my time sickbay but... I think I should leave those feeling aside and visit a doctor.
Anyway... I will wait ´till tomorrow.

osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Captain Oldrich personal log
Stardate 110711

Computer save this also in the Engineering log:
By orders of Dr. CorinneGuilden Resident I´m confined to my quarters isolated from any other officers, due to a flu that is affecting many officers in Pinastri.
At this time I´m transfering all my command codes to Commander Gotham Spiritor until further notice.

Captain Osky oldrich
Head Corps of Engineers

osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110708

Since yesterday I've been isolated in my office without being able to contact anyone. The situation is stressful, but mostly it scares me to see the symptoms that occur all the time. I started with bad headaches, but now my skin has changed and it seems increasingly to that time when I was an active drone. I feel like if my body implants were rejected. I never felt this instability since I left the colective. I do not understand what happens and I am trying to diagnose as engineer, looking as deep as I can, my cortical node, maybe that give me an answer.
I searched in the database of the Federation and I found intriguing and terrifying history about this subject. The drone Seven of Nine (Annika Hanssen) suffered from malfunction of cortical node.
Seven and the Doctor debate whether her crying was a malfunction, or an emotional response. After analysing her implant, the Doctor agrees it was the result of a malfunction - and also discovers that she has been suffering from headaches.
Seven hides a malfunction of her hand, and excuses herself to the cargo bay, where she attempts to regenerate. The computer refuses to engage the sequence, noting that Seven's cortical node is malfunctioning. Seven goes to the mess hall, where she collapses in convulsions, with additional implants appearing on her face.
Back in Sickbay, the Doctor and Janeway discuss the problem with Seven - due to the malfunction in her cortical node, her body is rejecting her other implants that control her vital functions. In an effort to procure a replacement node, Janeway decides to take the Delta Flyer to a Borg debris field, and Tom Paris and Tuvok insist on accompanying her. Icheb attempts to do the same, but Janeway refuses. He then attempts to visit Seven in Sickbay, who orders him to leave.
Twelve implant simulations all results in failure. It has been inactive in a dead drone for too long and will not work in Seven. Informed of this, Seven begins to face the possibility that she may die.
Refusing to give up on her, Icheb comes up with a plan; to remove his cortical node, and replace it in Seven, as he is younger, and was never fully assimilated, leaving him less dependent on his node and more able to adapt. With a claimed 86.9% chance of success, the Doctor agrees to review his work.
I do not know what the future holds, but I´m prepared for the worst.

Computer end Log and save
osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110712

Today Doctor Capn Aeon treated me again. He told me that I´m entering in stage 2 of this weird flu according with the new symptoms I was experimented since 2 days ago.
He treated my nose bleeding he told me to stay confined to my quarters. This is not good at all, those hyposprays helped me a little but it was not the cure at all. I just can´t wait to finish this, even when I do not feel like working I cannot handle this isolation I only think about those days in the borg cube listening thousends of voices but being completely alone...

osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

After 2 weeks of sufering that weird Flu, everything is gone now. The doctors made an awesome work investigating that illness and finding a cure, I know it was hard but I´m so proud of our staff.
I came back to my normal duties and I focused my work one again in "Genesis". I created a new design for Spacedock one Interiors, specially for the corridors in the station and Command Deck. Of course they follow all Federation cannon and I think they look really good and fresh.
Then I continued working in the Intrepid class ship, I finished some quarters, the Brig with the collaboration of Commander Gotham Spiritor, the ship is almost done, just few decks like Cargo bay need to be completed. I estimate one week to finish this vessel.
Spacedock One is 50 % ready, there are no much info about how to proceed with it, so I´m using my own judgement. Messhall, sickbay, Ops, Engineering, Transporter Room are ready.

Computer access the notepadd and transfer all images from there to my log entry.

Intrepid interiors images:

Brig

Messhall

Transporter Room

Sickbay

Spacedock One
Corridors, new design

Lounge deck

Sickbay

Operations

Computer transfer those images to the federation database, end log and save.
osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Stardate 110805

I´ve been working so hard in my office desingning a new starship with platform on engineering. This idea was in my head since I took command of Engineering brach. The fact that our fleet is so far away from Earth and we are alone in the vast of the Delta quadrant let me realize that engineering support for our fleet is so important. We need a good starship that can give engineering support facing any issue or dangerous situation that any of our fleet vessel can find out there. For that a shuttle or a runabout is not enough. We need something faster, powerfull and full equipped with all engineering material that our fleet can need.
Based on that I was working in my office and I get some ideas, as a result I got this:

The Merian-class of ships had entered service by the year 2377. The vessels crewed
around 70 to 75 officers and crewpeople, and were 10 decks in height. Merian vessel
measured 218 meters in length, 46 meters in height and 115 meters in width, and
massed around 540,000 metric tons.
Three ships of this class were assigned to Project Full Circle's Voyager fleet and
refitted with quantum slipstream drive in 2381.

Construction of NCC-93728*
Merian class U.S.S. ** (24th ship of it's class)
*Registry number will be sent for approval.
USS Montgomery Scott ** Name will be sent for approval
Era: 2380's
The Merian class is developed to replace the successful but aging Miranda class
and to bring the fleet up to strength again after the "Destiny" events.

Main features:
quantum slipstream prepared;
easy and quick to construct framework;
maintenance friendly;
can be finished as 1 of 3 variants:

Science and Research adapted to Engineering porpuses
Medical/Support/CoE
Defensive

NCC-93728 is an engineering and Research variant, on top of that the ship will be
constructed conform to the "Federation" platform.
This platform is developed by United Federation Starfleet Corps of Engineers to
better equip explorer ships for missions in the Delta Quadrant.

More info and full specs will follow later.

General Info:
Affiliation: Federation, Starfleet
Type: Engineering platform

Dimensions
Length: 218 meters
Width: 115 meters
Height: 46 meters
Mass: 540,000 metric tons

Specifications
Decks: 10
Crew: 70–75
Maximum speed: quantum slipstream velocities
Armaments: phasers - Quantum Torpedos
Defences: deflector shields - Ablative Shields

I begun the contruction in a Genesis drydock, replicating materials there and using local resources of Genesis Planet, I didn´t get any help of my personnel at the moment and I hope they can be attracted to this huge project. Once the vessel be ready it can be moved to Pinastri and put in service at any time. In the meantime it will be a support vessel docked in Genesis waiting to see the light once it is finished.

Shuttle bay One (it counts with 2)

Engineering

Briefing room Deck One

Bridge Deck One

Corridors

osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Captain Log:
Since Commander Spiritor and myself started with the Spacedock One project we faced a big challenge specially with the technology to apply trying to make it as close as possible with the current technology used in Pinastri. I must say that our labor was satisfactory 100 % We reached in Spacedock One the highest levels of quality that officers have in Pinastri.
I want to remark in this log the work, effort and dedication that LT Commander Chrytian Merlin made in SDO (Island Oasis grid) providing for all members outstanding devices that nothing have to envy the one used here in Pinastri. I have a lot of words of gratitud for this engineer and even when the destiny of SDO is uncertain all his work can be used in many of our colonies such us Astraios, Genesis sector or any other colony projected for the near future.

Computed end Log and save.

Return to “Engineering Branch Archives”