Riker MacMoragh
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

To Lt. Greg Esharham, Director R&D
FM: Lt. Riker MacMoragh
SD: 110307
Subj: Formal Reporting For Duty

Sir:

I am sorry I am late in reporting for duty, after my orders were issued. I was held up on my transport to my new duty station (i.e. I was on RL Reserve Duty for a couple of days).

Anyway, Lt. Riker MacMoragh, reporting as ordered, sir!

In Service,

Lt. Riker MacMoragh
Engineer-R&D
Riker MacMoragh
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

To Lt. Greg Esharham, Director R&D
FM: Lt. Riker MacMoragh
SD: 110410
Subject: Update on Assigned Project

Sir:

I continue to make progress on the Alien & Human Phisyological Charts Project. I am about one third the way there. It has taken me longer than I thought to gather all the information that will be needed by Medical. However, I continue to work hard on it. I will file a report again next month, if I am not done by then.

Lt. Riker MacMoragh
R&D Engineer
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

One thread for all the build logs looks like it will very quickly grow too large to manage. I think its best to create a sub-forum for all R&D Projects. In addition, it appears that posting the current status repeatedly is not only redundant, but it doesn't appear to be an effective way of measuring progress. I will start a new thread for the Sargasso Build Log, and also one for the Fleet Outreach Program, and I will write them in character. If this is not acceptable, then I will merge them here. I will include links to the projects I'm working on each month when I check in on the roll call forums. I think that this will help you to report your status to the Branch Commander, if we all follow suit. I will edit this post to include the links once I create them.
Wolfton Foulsbane
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Wolfton Foulsbane wrote:One thread for all the build logs looks like it will very quickly grow too large to manage. I think its best to create a sub-forum for all R&D Projects. In addition, it appears that posting the current status repeatedly is not only redundant, but it doesn't appear to be an effective way of measuring progress. I will start a new thread for the Sargasso Build Log, and also one for the Fleet Outreach Program, and I will write them in character. If this is not acceptable, then I will merge them here. I will include links to the projects I'm working on each month when I check in on the roll call forums. I think that this will help you to report your status to the Branch Commander, if we all follow suit. I will edit this post to include the links once I create them.
Apparently I cannot edit my previous post to add the following links:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=20062
and
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=20064
osky oldrich
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

I agree Mr. Foulsbane, a section within R&D can be good, for example something like "Projects and status" or any other representative name. Check it with Commander Esharham in order to create that subsection.
Greg Esharham
Engineering - Commander
Engineering - Commander
Duty Post: Director Star fleet Event
Ship/Station Posted: Chief Engineer Denkiri Center
Grid: Second Life/3rd Rock

Greetings one and all

R&D is happy to announce that it will be taking over the Role play console development. At this time I require the services of some very talented people as well as people wishing to submit role play scenarios for inclusion into the console. More details will follow as we work though this rather large program.

This is a very big project as it will provide all personnel with the ability to conduct role plays outside the normal department, station and ship scheduled role plays. This is for all of us people this is to keep up the brilliant standard of Sim wide role plays that we are getting used to.

I need the services of 5 people who would like to become involved in this project, One to be project leader two to work on all building and scripting and two people to begin writing role play ideas and stories. In addition to this I would like to encourage ALL UFS members to forward role play ideas to R&D for consideration to be included in the console.

They need not be of any specific length or storyline but we would like them to be department based l.e. science, engineering or security etc and even some personally designated ones would be nice. The doors will be open for submissions for as long as they keep coming as the system will be fully upgradeable and allow wonderful flexibility.

So I encourage all UFS members to help us with this ambitious project and submit either in Sim or to ltcmdrgesharham@gmail.com or alternately dragonrider100@bigpond.com I am already looking forward to them.

LtCmdr Greg Esharham Star fleet R&D SS Cascadia " Where dreams & Journeys begin"
Access Service Jacket

“There are people who make things happen, there are people who watch things happen, and there are people who wonder what happened. To be successful, you need to be a person who makes things happen..” James A. Lovell US Astronaut, Gemini 7, Gemini 12, Apollo 8, Apollo 13

Return to “Engineering Branch Archives”