Branch Commander Log - UFS Operations

Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Monarch
Ship/Station Posted: USS Monarch
Grid: Secondlife

Computer start recording - stardate 110723

After two months of beeing the new Branch Head of UFS Operations, I settled down and made myself familiar with all the duties of a Branch Commander - and I can say : Still lots of work is waiting for me and my HQ staff.

The Operations Branch is a living branch , means, many officers come and go and its our task to manage te paperwork for this officers.
As HQ paperworkes we have to sort out the inactive, list the actives and where they are assigned and we keep them monitored.

The Branch Head and his Vice are contact persons for the Senior Officers, which should be able to fulfill motivated and with dedication their duties - and the branch HQ supports and help them as good as possible and beeing avaiable for every Operations related questions.

The new Junior Officers should feel comfortable and they should get all the support they need to start their career in this branch.
Primary for this young officers will be the new "Operations Internship". My staff and me spend a lot of time to develop a proper procedure for this internship, which should show junior officers the opportunities and possibilities of the branch and close a gap between the academy courses and the masses of handbooks with a practical based training.

The new Operations Internship and a review of billet requirements are the primary tasks of the next weeks.

Beside this I work constantly to improve the comm lines between the CO/XO, the Personal Dept. and the branch HQ - and I can say we are on a good way. I saw and partial I still see, that there is a general lack of communication between Departments, branches, ships and stations and branches. Necessary informations were not transported or coming very late, but I also notice, that everyone is keen to fill the (communication) gaps and we always try to have a close and friendly contact to all relevant officers.

Communication is another keyword : I still search for a motivated Director of the Communications Division.
This is not just a paperwork job.
The Director of Communication will handle the Operations internship and should be able to create and attend communications related field trips ((roleplay)) and work together with the fleets to secure the UFS comm lines.

*Incoming Transmission*

Computer : End Recording
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Computer start recording - stardate 110723

Things were different than expected during the last months.
A big change for the Pinastri Colony is coming up.

The command structure of the Federation Delta Quadrant Colony will be reorganized within the next few months. The structure will be more effective and more tight as in the past, when the project is completed.

At the moment we know, that two of our Space Stations will be removed and placed somewhere else and on the other hand we get more ships for the exploration of the Quadrant.
Both things means, that a lot of personal needs to be transfered , as well the Colony HQ will be back at SS Tranquility in the Orbit of Pinastri Prime.

The Operations branch lost a few active officers, so its hard to fullfill all the duties in a timely proper manner, but anyways the task priorities have changed, because of the reorganization of the Colony command structure and we have to wait, till the the reorganization is completed before we can continue with other tasks which were on the Agenda before the reorganization started.

At first I will start an inspection of the remained three stations which were left in the Pinastri System : SS Tranquility , SS Alexandria and the ground station Pathfinder Research Facility.
I look forward to visit and talk the the Operations officers of this stations.

Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Computer start recording - stardate 111014

The Inspection Tour of the Operations Departments at the Pinastri Facilities starts today at the SS Alexandria.

I had a smooth flight to the station and in the shuttle bay I was awaited by :
CO : Lt. Morath Landfall
Chief Operations Officer : Ensign Emily Allegiere
Shuttle Pilot : CM Andy Duffy

After some greeting words we took the lift to the OPS and we inspected the Operations duty stations.
I also got a tour through the whole deck and had the possibility to see the other duty stations, too.
The whole OPS is in good technical condition and the large area gives the Operations officers enough space to do their daily duties and fullfill their other tasks.
The Communications installations were also in good condition. There are regular maintenance shifts in adjustment with the station engineers to keep the facility and especially the technical installations for the Communcations Division in good order.
My impressions was that the Operations Crew is motivted and interacts with the whole crew in a very good manner.
The Alexandria Operations Crew is prepared for the upcoming tasks and missions.

Finally I can say it was a procreative meeting.

[img]http://dirk_mueller.public2.linz.at/UFSES/SLBilder/Operations%20Missions/Snapshot_003.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dirk_mueller.public2.linz.at/UFSES/SLBilder/Operations%20Missions/Snapshot_001.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dirk_mueller.public2.linz.at/UFSES/SLBilder/Operations%20Missions/Snapshot_004.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dirk_mueller.public2.linz.at/UFSES/SLBilder/Operations%20Missions/Snapshot_005.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dirk_mueller.public2.linz.at/UFSES/SLBilder/Operations%20Missions/Snapshot_006.jpg[/img]

[img]http://dirk_mueller.public2.linz.at/UFSES/SLBilder/Operations%20Missions/Snapshot_007.jpg[/img]
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Computer start recording - stardate 111211

The new organization of the Starfleet presence in this quadrant shows, that it is time for me to make a change and go back to the roots - a reboot from the point I began my career - as science officer.
The time has come for a personal reboot.

In the past month I tried to reform the branch and bring new life into parts of the branch activities, but I had less time to have success.

Anyway, I would like to thank all members of the Operations branch for their hard work and dedication and encourage them to move on.

My future tasks will be science based.
Time to move to the science deck.

End recording

*Nabu bundled his personal things from the desk and leaves the Branch Commander office*
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Operations Branch Archives”