Some concerns...

justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Greetings everyone...

I have some questions:

a) Hows the development of the Operations Officer Class going?

b) Currently SIM: Operations Officer class isn't being taught...and that's mandatory to enter the branch...so my question...are cadets entering the branch without this mandatory class? Are any measures being taken to solve this situation?

Thank you and may you all be strong, be proud, be starfleet on your journeys
Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Monarch
Ship/Station Posted: USS Monarch
Grid: Secondlife

Hello :)

to a) :
do we really need an "Operations Officer Class" ?
there are many (mandatory and elective) classes which cover many fields of the tasks of an Operations Officer.

As well we are working on a special Internship for Junior Operations Officers, which should and will cover all questions and is a helpdesk how to fill the role as Operations Officer ( respective all other special billets inside Ops : communications, helmsman, shuttle pilot, etc.)
The development of this internship isnt a thing of months , but we will still need a few weeks.
So if this internship is finally implemented, maybe we won´t need a class for "Operations Officers" ;)

to b)

this is a thing which just can be answerd by Academy, but as BC OPs, I encourage all Operations Officers to become a teacher and offer a class in the Pinastri schedule. Many classes are also available in the online academy, too.
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
justalt02 Resident
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian

Nabuleone Rhode wrote:Hello :)

to a) :
do we really need an "Operations Officer Class" ?
there are many (mandatory and elective) classes which cover many fields of the tasks of an Operations Officer.

As well we are working on a special Internship for Junior Operations Officers, which should and will cover all questions and is a helpdesk how to fill the role as Operations Officer ( respective all other special billets inside Ops : communications, helmsman, shuttle pilot, etc.)
The development of this internship isnt a thing of months , but we will still need a few weeks.
So if this internship is finally implemented, maybe we won´t need a class for "Operations Officers" ;)

to b)

this is a thing which just can be answerd by Academy, but as BC OPs, I encourage all Operations Officers to become a teacher and offer a class in the Pinastri schedule. Many classes are also available in the online academy, too.

ah thank you for answering...by operations officer class i meant the internship discussed on the last meeting. My question is too if we need SIM Ops class with an internship project at the same time...

Well..Medical have internship and SIM Branch specific class...so i guess they can coexist.

And eventhough i agree SIM Operations class is an Academy problem...it is a Mandatory class for Operations...as it was set by Ops Branch some time ago (at least i think that it is the Branch that decides what classes are required?)

As for question b) ...it is the BCs responsabilities to ensure if their new officers are following the guidelines when they are invited to the Branch isnt it?

I thought the Academy only graduated Cadets to enter UFS as opposed to the BCs that check if the newly graduate fufills the minimum requirements to join the branch.

Finally i suggest we finally stabilize the requirements...It changes too often (an example is Subspace Communications...it used to be mandatory or elective to Coms Officer now it isnt anymore and i think it was changed recently and we werent informed...that i checked)

Oh...and the Academy Online has been Offline for months now :-)
Nabuleone Rhode
UFS Civilian
UFS Civilian
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Monarch
Ship/Station Posted: USS Monarch
Grid: Secondlife

- Yes , the new internship for Operations will be an addition (not a replacement) to the current SIM : Operations Class.

- Yes , the branch set the billet requirements. We constantly monitor this and make necessary changings and updates.

- Yes, the academy graduated the cadets (when they fulfilled the minimum requirements for a branch) they also check the billet requirements before graduation - later when an officer like to transfer to another branch it is the responsibility of personal to check if the officer fulfilled the mandatory the billet-requirements and remind the officer to catch the necessary classes in a proper time frame.
As far as I know checking billet requirements is in the responsibility of academy and personal.

Of course, it will be proper to double check all this things (academy, personal, branch), if time - we should work all together ;)

- No, Online Academy is not my business. I have to confess I never used it yet. - So then it more than ever important to find enough teachers (btw. I will be on the schedule soon, too)
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket

Return to “Operations Branch Archives”