needing ideas

Responsible for keeping the ship/station running at peak efficiency but routing power where needed, monitoring deflectors and sensors, and a variety of other things.
madadh magic

such as what would you guys like to do as a branch? rps, hanging out getting to know each other? give me some ideas please:)
Mike Calhoun
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: Commander-in-Chief UFS
Ship/Station Posted: UF Starfleet Headquarters
Grid: Unknown

As a Branch Commander, you are first and foremost responsible to create the branch Role Play

You need to start with having duty officers from YOUR branch on the sims (all sims), directing and creating the branch related Role Play

That is the purpose of a Branch Commander
Lizzy Gracemount

I'm looking forward to more quest rp's. I loved the last one. It was so much fun writing it up after I figured out what I was supposed to do for it, since that's an rp I hadn't really done before. Solo rp or group rp. I think the tunnels in the outskirts caves would be a great Halloween haunted house...It's like a great maze already done. You could put quests in there too for either group or solo rp, which would be really cool. A friend of mine used to get those tribute concert bands to come to their islands when she and her husband owned real estate in SL...if there's enough donations, for an event, could hire a tribute band to entertain the members....like a "Celebrate UFS Concert" thing where members can gather OOC and meet and greet with each other. That always went over well for them. I met a lot of really nice people when I lived on her land several years ago. And I'm looking forward to the Q rp. That's going to be fun...I hope these start a great list...:)
Cordova Marabana

As a Branch Commander, you are first and foremost responsible to create the branch Role Play

You need to start with having duty officers from YOUR branch on the sims (all sims), directing and creating the branch related Role Play

That is the purpose of a Branch Commander
I know this is very vague and not really very helpful. So what I would suggest is maybe set up a meeting with the operation people try to come up with some Role play idea's for the operation branch that effects the whole of UFS.

Could be something like supply lines, or new flight routes people have figured out.

Ops is Operations (Which tends to be service and supplies), Communications, and flight,
MilesPrower Dagger
Operations - Admiral
Operations - Admiral
Duty Post:
Ship/Station Posted: UFS HQ

*Gets out his broken record*
Operations is not a RP branch. Operations is based on management, Data and Kim would either be managing ships systems or working with science and engineering to get stuff accomplished. if you want to RP as an ops officer only then get ready to push paperwork.

*Takes back his broken record*
Cordova Marabana

I disagree, it is in fact an a Role play Branch we have been Role playing it for years now.
MilesPrower Dagger
Operations - Admiral
Operations - Admiral
Duty Post:

Cordova Marabana wrote:I disagree, it is in fact an a Role play Branch we have been Role playing it for years now.
I would be happy to be wrong, please tell me what a group of operations officers (Not one on a ship) can RP as a branch that is operations.
Cordova Marabana

Operations officers not on a ship would be in charge of supplies making sure things are being moved around and used. Making sure all communications are up and running, Making sure Shuttles are ready to be used for moving people around as needed or transporting supply's from one location to the other.

Operations officers not a ship or on a ship are the glue that holds it all together. They work with all the other branches helping to Coordinate them as needed.
MilesPrower Dagger
Operations - Admiral
Operations - Admiral
Duty Post:

Cordova Marabana wrote: Operations officers not a ship or on a ship are the glue that holds it all together. They work with all the other branches helping to Coordinate them as needed.
Which is exactly what I said, you can not RP as only an Operations officer in the branch they are always working with others. If you have 10 Ops officers in a room there is next to nothing that they can RP that dose not include another branch.
Cordova Marabana

Who says they have to Role play alone? Also yes there are several ways they can do things with in there branch by working with other operations officers of other ships.

Anything is possible with a little imagination
Kermie Mistwallow
Command - Fleet Admiral
Command - Fleet Admiral
Duty Post: C-in-C, UF Starfleet
Ship/Station Posted: Headquarters
Grid: Second Life

Transporter Officer - roleplay - Can man the transporter in the welcome area

Communications Officer - roleplay - can monitor and communicate via the group for shuttle landings and take off ect

Materials Officer - (alos known as quartermaster) can roleplay taking people to get uniforms from the supply deck, giving a little introduction.

just a few examples of Roleplaying as an operations Officer
Merusha

Ma'am,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, but you asked for ideas so I wanted to put forward mine. I'm a Helmsman/Ops Officer and would really like to see shuttles being used more in roleplay. I don't mean lots of people using shuttles, since that will become laggy. But what about a pilot's licence for Helmsmen? The course could involve theory and practicals. In world training would be a good reason for a group of Helmsmen and Ops Officers to meet. That could be a start. Once an officer has his/her pilot's licence they would most likely be more motivated to find ways of bringing piloting into roleplay and events and even create events where Helmsmen and Pilots would be the focus. We had the space race recently which sounded like a lot of fun, unfortunately, I was unable to attend due to RL commitments.

Just an idea!
madadh magic

first this has kinda gotten off subject, and thank you mensha and everyone else for input. one thing i learned from military service and every morning we come into the pool and sit and brainstorm this is what. I feel leadership is about brainstorming to get ideas, problem solving. Example military we come in get coffee (when i drank the stuff) sit down and discuss what needs to be done that day. Get ideas assign convoy postions and so on. My leadership style comes from that, I want to hear that ensign or enlisted or whoever who has ideas, even if it is a day just to sit down and listen to music and drink. I do not have that style of leadership and understand I have US military background on leadership, walmart background on leadership also, where we work as a team. I could easily sit there and say my way or the highway type of leadership, this does not work with people peroid. So this entire post was to get ideas from operations (or anyone else) that had idea on what they would like to see operations do as a whole. I could easily again come up and say this is what we are doing peroid, and i don't want to be like that. I want to see what the branch has to say, and that's for everywhere where UFS is. Not just one colony or ship or what not, I want to hear operations officers as a whole on what THEY would like to see, NOT what I would like to see.
Nabuleone Rhode
Q
Duty Post: Science Officer | USS Monarch
Ship/Station Posted: USS Monarch
Grid: Secondlife

Haha , I dont think the question is the problem - it is the way how you asked.

When you are a klingon Commander, coming in the briefing room and say : "Hey guys take a Raktajino and tell me your ideas what we can do today"
I swear you are dead before you finished the question and your body hit the bottom :) :P

Military is no demorcracy, a musical request programme or whatever - and leadership just works from the top to the ground - YOU as CO are the one who orders what should be done , YOU as CO tells your staff what are their primary tasks and projects for the day or the week.

On the other side Leadership and Military isnt a dictatorship, too.
To work as a team and listening carefully to the ideas and thoughts of the subordinated officers is necessary and helpful for every leader and CO.

;)
Science Officer

Access Service Jacket
Lizzy Gracemount

Nabuleone Rhode wrote:Haha , I dont think the question is the problem - it is the way how you asked.

When you are a klingon Commander, coming in the briefing room and say : "Hey guys take a Raktajino and tell me your ideas what we can do today"
I swear you are dead before you finished the question and your body hit the bottom :) :P

Military is no demorcracy, a musical request programme or whatever - and leadership just works from the top to the ground - YOU as CO are the one who orders what should be done , YOU as CO tells your staff what are their primary tasks and projects for the day or the week.

On the other side Leadership and Military isnt a dictatorship, too.
To work as a team and listening carefully to the ideas and thoughts of the subordinated officers is necessary and helpful for every leader and CO.

;)
Would be all fine and dandy if she was a Klingon...Just saying...

Return to “Operations Branch”